Has Anyone Ever Shown Dogs?

krisy

Mar 30, 2004
Ohio
Just wondering if anyone has ever done breeding/showing of their pups. I went to my first dog show last Sunday and was amazed at the training of the dogs and the loyalty these dogs show their owners. My dogs are mixes,German Shep mix and Australian Shep mix, so I couldn't show them,but I would love to get the obedience out of them that I saw out of that dog show. They are both smart,and I thought it was a major achievement when I taught the Australian Shep to roll over :laugh: My mom in law helped with that one!!

Any good stories? Favorite breeds?

krisy said:
Just wondering if anyone has ever done breeding/showing of their pups. I went to my first dog show last Sunday and was amazed at the training of the dogs and the loyalty these dogs show their owners. My dogs are mixes,German Shep mix and Australian Shep mix, so I couldn't show them,but I would love to get the obedience out of them that I saw out of that dog show. They are both smart,and I thought it was a major achievement when I taught the Australian Shep to roll over :laugh: My mom in law helped with that one!!

Any good stories? Favorite breeds?

We had a sheppard/lab mix for 13yrs. He had to be the smartest dog I've ever seen in my life. We didn't teach him anything other than the basics
(and he could give 10 :banana: ).

His name was Jake, but we nicknamed him Houdini because he ALWAYS managed to escape from the house/yard/car etc. Needless to say, he was onlly picked up and put in the clank twice. The second time, he managed to get out of the house and take off right after he was bailed out by my ex-husband (I have no idea how he pulled this off!). Dumbass was so mad he drove around until he found him! Jake was quite well known in the neighbourhood, actually. :D

Another time, two city by-law officers chased him for an unknown amount of time (my fault that time, I forgot to shut the gate, then proceeded to go to sleep on the couch). A little boy who lived down the street knocked on my door and told me the police were after my dog. The by-law moroons weren't impressed and came to my door huffing and puffing, covered in sweat so they could deliver a fine. That one cost me about $100!

Said1 said:
We had a sheppard/lab mix for 13yrs. He had to be the smartest dog I've ever seen in my life. We didn't teach him anything other than the basics
(and he could give 10 :banana: ).

His name was Jake, but we nicknamed him Houdini because he ALWAYS managed to escape from the house/yard/car etc. Needless to say, he was onlly picked up and put in the clank twice. The second time, he managed to get out of the house and take off right after he was bailed out by my ex-husband (I have no idea how he pulled this off!). Dumbass was so mad he drove around until he found him! Jake was quite well known in the neighbourhood, actually. :D

Another time, two city by-law officers chased him for an unknown amount of time (my fault that time, I forgot to shut the gate, then proceeded to go to sleep on the couch). A little boy who lived down the street knocked on my door and told me the police were after my dog. The by-law moroons weren't impressed and came to my door huffing and puffing, covered in sweat so they could deliver a fine. That one cost me about $100!

Your dog Jake sounds like our neighbors dog Duke. He is a yellow Lab and constantly escapes. He comes over the fence and visits Dodger and Sandy frequently. He also loves the kids pool-he is insane!!! He runs the neighborhood sometimes and one of the neighbors called the SPCA(they knew whose dog it was). Luckily,they didn't give a ticket,because he didn't have a license on. I don't know if I could handle a Lab-too much energy,although they are probably the nicest family dog you can get.

krisy said:
Your dog Jake sounds like our neighbors dog Duke. He is a yellow Lab and constantly escapes. He comes over the fence and visits Dodger and Sandy frequently. He also loves the kids pool-he is insane!!! He runs the neighborhood sometimes and one of the neighbors called the SPCA(they knew whose dog it was). Luckily,they didn't give a ticket,because he didn't have a license on. I don't know if I could handle a Lab-too much energy,although they are probably the nicest family dog you can get.

He looked more like a sheppard and collie mix, but they said lab at the pet store. He was an easy going dog, probably because he was busy planning his next escape! I miss him a lot, but don't EVER tell anyone I said that! :D

Forum List

Back