Has Anyone Ever Filed For a Patent?

Lewdog

Gold Member
Apr 26, 2016
Williamsburg, KY
I'm in the development and design phase for a product of mine, and I was wondering if anyone here has ever filed for a patent? I don't have the money right now to get a patent attorney and file for a formal design and utility patent, so I'll be filing for a patent pending status. I've found a couple patent programs online that helps you do the patent yourself and I was wondering if anyone here has used any of them, or has advice on what to do. One program was called Patent Wizard and I can't remember the other one.

Thoughts?

depends on what you are trying to patent if it is worth it or not

other then that i would probably go through a reputable attorney

Well to be honest, I own a website for my product already, and I plan to trademark the name, and I am going to get the one year provisional patent and then try to license my product to some company. I was curious if anyone knew any tricks to the deal and ways to save money.

Well to be honest, I own a website for my product already, and I plan to trademark the name, and I am going to get the one year provisional patent and then try to license my product to some company. I was curious if anyone knew any tricks to the deal and ways to save money.

draw up all your plans and trademark tonight

and mail it to yourself

once you receive it back postmarked

dont open it leave it sealed

if your product becomes contested at some point

you have the sealed postmarked mail

proving the date you came up with the idea

and mail it to yourself

Yeah I've heard of that as the "poor mans" patent, but I don't think it actually holds up in court.

My product is actually in a more advanced stage than that. I am paying a guy that used to do work for NASA to make the blue prints and write the 3D printing program for it. He's pretty much done, and he si going to get a 3D printed prototype made for me.

It's not a complicated product, but I truly, and I mean truly, think it's a multi-million dollar idea. My problem is going to be either finding a company to license it to, or coming up with the capital to put the company together to actually produce and market it.

Then it's on to my next invention... which I've been told can revolutionize the home decor industry.

and mail it to yourself

Yeah I've heard of that as the "poor mans" patent, but I don't think it actually holds up in court.

My product is actually in a more advanced stage than that. I am paying a guy that used to do work for NASA to make the blue prints and write the 3D printing program for it. He's pretty much done, and he si going to get a 3D printed prototype made for me.

It's not a complicated product, but I truly, and I mean truly, think it's a multi-million dollar idea. My problem is going to be either finding a company to license it to, or coming up with the capital to put the company together to actually produce and market it.

Then it's on to my next invention... which I've been told can revolutionize the home decor industry.

my brother invented a lot of different things

he mostly didnt bother with a patent

under his lawyers advice

he did patent a large glass smasher

it was a pretty cool machine

used for reclaiming dumps and such

he made a few then sold the patent to a guy in Texas i believe if memory is correct

I'm in the development and design phase for a product of mine, and I was wondering if anyone here has ever filed for a patent? I don't have the money right now to get a patent attorney and file for a formal design and utility patent, so I'll be filing for a patent pending status. I've found a couple patent programs online that helps you do the patent yourself and I was wondering if anyone here has used any of them, or has advice on what to do. One program was called Patent Wizard and I can't remember the other one.

Thoughts?
Remember, an e-mail is the poor man's patent. Send one to yourself with your ideas before you do anything else right now. You'll have a date stamp and documented proof before anyone manages to steal your stuff.

and mail it to yourself

under his lawyers advice

he made a few then sold the patent to a guy in Texas i believe if memory is correct

Nice. I have very modest goals. I just want to make enough to pay off all my bills including school loans, then get enough money to buy a beach lot in Ecuador, build a nice shipping container house with a solar energy system, a desalination system, and everything to make it off the grid as possible, except internet and satellite tv. Then hopefully just live off the royalty checks. Then I could just sit and maybe finish the movie script I've been kicking around for years.

Here is the shipping container house I want to build.

Containers-of-Hope-08-750x477.jpg

Containers of Hope, a $40,000 Home by Benjamin Garcia Saxe | HomeDSGN

and mail it to yourself

under his lawyers advice

Nice. I have very modest goals. I just want to make enough to pay off all my bills including school loans, then get enough money to buy a beach lot in Ecuador, build a nice shipping container house with a solar energy system, a desalination system, and everything to make it off the grid as possible, except internet and satellite tv. Then hopefully just live off the royalty checks. Then I could just sit and maybe finish the movie script I've been kicking around for years.

Here is the shipping container house I want to build.

Containers-of-Hope-08-750x477.jpg

Containers of Hope, a $40,000 Home by Benjamin Garcia Saxe | HomeDSGN

they are pretty cool

there are some really nice ones i have seen

on youtube

Thoughts?

Has anyone applied for a patent? No, actually, no one has, believe it or not. The poor shmucks who work here have been sitting here since 1790 waiting for their first customer. You can see how empty the place is:

campus.jpg

Thoughts?

Has anyone applied for a patent? No, actually, no one has, believe it or not. The poor shmucks who work here have been sitting here since 1790 waiting for their first customer. You can see how empty the place is:

campus.jpg

Yeah, but thanks... I said, "I was wondering if anyone here has ever filed for a patent?"

Glad to see you are being helpful.

Forum List

Back