Has anyone else noticed....

The wife and I love to eat out a couple times a week just so we dont have to cook or clean up the aftermath.
We both have always laughed about our expectations when it comes to price and we've always said expect it to cost 25% more than we expect.
Our average dinner bill usually runs around $200 bucks and I'm fine with that.
But here lately it's gotten ridiculous,we went to a new mexican joint and a decent Top shelf Margarita ended up costing $20 friggen bucks by the the time you added a topper so you could actually taste the tequila!!!
My entree of fajitas and two quail ran for $36 bucks and to be honest I can make either one ten times better than what they turned out.
The bill was over $230 before the tip. Am I just getting old and I'm turning into an old curmudgeon and I just dont realize it?
And like I said,I dont mind $200 bucks for dinner but I expect a damn site more than what I just paid for.
Hell,I dont mind $300 bucks on occasion if the food is outstanding but here lately thats just not the case.
Anyone else seeing this?
My attitude is they want 100% of the price I want 100% of the goods/service, if not corporate hears about it and I am comped

The wife and I love to eat out a couple times a week just so we dont have to cook or clean up the aftermath.
We both have always laughed about our expectations when it comes to price and we've always said expect it to cost 25% more than we expect.
But here lately it's gotten ridiculous,we went to a new mexican joint and a decent Top shelf Margarita ended up costing $20 friggen bucks by the the time you added a topper so you could actually taste the tequila!!!
My entree of fajitas and two quail ran for $36 bucks and to be honest I can make either one ten times better than what they turned out.
The bill was over $230 before the tip. Am I just getting old and I'm turning into an old curmudgeon and I just dont realize it?
And like I said,I dont mind $200 bucks for dinner but I expect a damn site more than what I just paid for.
Hell,I dont mind $300 bucks on occasion if the food is outstanding but here lately thats just not the case.
Anyone else seeing this?
My attitude is they want 100% of the price I want 100% of the goods/service, if not corporate hears about it and I am comped

I usually wont complain,I just wont go back.

Anyone else seeing this?

I know I get pissed and send an email. LOL:rock:

Anyone else seeing this?

We ate at Tommy's Don in Webster last Friday. There were four of us. Was my first "fancy" dinner or real "fancy" one anyway. We hit $200+- and was very happy with the food. I recommend the pork chop.

Have you tried Killens in Pearland?
I've been dying to try the N.Y. strip flight of steaks. The place is supposed to be kick ass!!
Chef

Anyone else seeing this?

The thing that pisses me off?
The managers/owners know damn good and well what kind of product they're turning out and whether it's worth the price.
And while presentation is important to a degree,I cant stand it when they over do it to try and cover their ineptitude in the kitchen.
It's insulting that they think you're stupid enough to be wowed into believing their food is worth a shit.

Anyone else seeing this?

The managers/owners know damn good and well what kind of product they're turning out and whether it's worth the price.
And while presentation is important to a degree,I cant stand it when they over do it to try and cover their ineptitude in the kitchen.
It's insulting that they think you're stupid enough to be wowed into believing their food is worth a shit.
I agree. I generally do not like to eat out I enjoy cooking, when I do it is because I really have no choice and could not prepare a meal.

Anyone else seeing this?

I agree. I generally do not like to eat out I enjoy cooking, when I do it is because I really have no choice and could not prepare a meal.

Oh I love to cook. But sometimes I just want to kick back and relax and let someone else deal with it.

Three hundred dollars for Mexican slop?

Shit, I could eat for less than that a good steak house here on Long Island and that would include top shelf drinks and wine.

Oh I love to cook. But sometimes I just want to kick back and relax and let someone else deal with it.
I need to develop your attitude

Three hundred dollars for Mexican slop?

Shit, I could eat for less than that a good steak house here on Long Island and that would include top shelf drinks and wine.

I generally dont go to steak houses unless they are supposed to be absolutely fantastic.
I can turn out a steak every bit as good myself,it's not like there's much to it.
If I'm going out I want something that has a shitload of prep time that I'm not doing.

That was the thing about this mexican joint...the drinks were fucking outrageous!!
You could tell the sorry bastards didnt even bother to make them with fresh squeezed limes.

I need to develop your attitude

Being lazy?:biggrin:

I must set my standards higher than some because you'll see the same crappy,in my eyes,restaurants with full parking lots every night.
I just dont get it.

Forum List

Back