Has anyone driven through Oregon on I-5

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
without having to stop for gas and having to have somebody fill their tanks?

a long drive

one ofthe few states that dontlet you pump your own gas

You would haveto fill up in Vancouver Wa I would think - or in Crescent City Ca if going south to north

but why would anybody care anyway?

just curious

When I drive through Oregon, I drive on Highway 64 or maybe Main Street. That's Oregon, IL BTW.

The only reason these jerks in Oregon have this silly law against self -service at gas stations - it
makes them feel good. Different.

No other reason.

The only reason these jerks in Oregon have this silly law against self -service at gas stations - it

No other reason.

I don't know if it's still that way or not, but it used to be New Jersey would not let you pump your own gas either.

No other reason.

I don't know if it's still that way or not, but it used to be New Jersey would not let you pump your own gas either.

Jersey is no sweat to drivet hrough without pumpingup. Tiny state.

Oregon is big and they let you know it.

Oregon feels affronted for drivers to pass through the state on I-5 without having to stop for gas.

I think it probably is no big sweat for SUVs with large gas tanks ..............

There are many, many things about Oregon that are retarded. Not being allowed to pump your own gas is but one of them.

No other reason.

I "think" the reason for the law is to soak the consumer by making up for the loss of revenue the state doesn't receive for it's lack of charging a sales tax on consumer goods. No sales tax here, but sweetie, you will pay more in many other taxes to live in this pristine state, and be ready to afford it.

While I like the creature comfort of the law, I don't think it is right for the consumer, to charge us more for something we could do ourselves, by pumping our own gas, thus saving money.

When it comes to Oregon rationale, think "California." Just a stone's throw away in more ways than one. :eusa_whistle:

No other reason.

Just think of all the jobs it creates....... :tongue:

Forum List

Back