Has anybody noticed......

freeandfun1

VIP Member
Feb 14, 2004
That the 911 report basically says that we SHOULD be doing what WE ARE ALREADY doing?

I wonder if this will help Bush? I doubt it, as I already have noticed how the media is making it all sound like "fresh ideas".

freeandfun1 said:
That the 911 report basically says that we SHOULD be doing what WE ARE ALREADY doing?

I wonder if this will help Bush? I doubt it, as I already have noticed how the media is making it all sound like "fresh ideas".

Good point Free, was thinking of writing on this myself, last night. :bow2:

freeandfun1 said:

My local newspaper ran with the headline "We are not safe" in bold type, top fold. You tell me how they are spinning it.

insein said:
My local newspaper ran with the headline "We are not safe" in bold type, top fold. You tell me how they are spinning it.

You know what is funny (sad)......

The president and those of us that support him are sitting here saying, "duh! what do you liberals think we have been trying to tell you!"

MrMarbles said:
9/11 report spread blamne accross everyone, except clinto or bush, they played it very safe.

mr. marblehead...... please tell me how any blame could be put on Bush? I know how a lot could be put on Clinton.

freeandfun1 said:
mr. marblehead...... please tell me how any blame could be put on Bush? I know how a lot could be put on Clinton.

I was suprised that it blamed congress as much as it did. Technically they are right. With all the oversight comittees and such, congress really dropped the ball.

I was hoping for a scathing condemnation of the former head of counter-terrorism under Pres. Clinton. What was his name again.....

Though they did point out one of his more remarkable inconsistencies:

His comments along the lines of: 'there isn't a shred of evidence linking Osama with Saddam'...

...and the fact that under Pres. Clinton it was he who suggested the strike on the Sudanese factory because it was, as he told the President, a chemical weapons facility used by al Qaeda and financed by Iraq.

Zhukov said:
I was hoping for a scathing condemnation of the former head of counter-terrorism under Pres. Clinton. What was his name again.....

Though they did point out one of his more remarkable inconsistencies:

His comments along the lines of: 'there isn't a shred of evidence linking Osama with Saddam'...

...and the fact that under Pres. Clinton it was he who suggested the strike on the Sudanese factory because it was, as he told the President, a chemical weapons facility used by al Qaeda and financed by Iraq.

Bill will go down as the greatest Politician ever. Thats not neccessarily a compliment. His ability to spin, sweet-talk, swindle the American public into accpeting his lies and then passing off blame on others was/is astounding. If you go into a car dealership and he's the salesmen, your screwed cause your buying a car and paying way more than its worth.

insein said:
I was suprised that it blamed congress as much as it did. Technically they are right. With all the oversight comittees and such, congress really dropped the ball.
yes. and Kerry cannot say that Bush lied, cuz Bush only said what was in the reports and John Kerry had a chance to read them. If he really doubted anything, he should have pushed for more of a debate.

That is why, as much as I think he is a dope, Dennis K is a more sincere anti-war candidate. at least he has been saying "no" all along.

freeandfun1 said:

The 9/11 attacks were done on his watch. That is one way. Who else to blame, then the guy running the joint?

chagan said:
Please tell me how a lot of it can be blamed on Clinton?

Welcome Chagan! Let's see. Clinton did not respond in a significant manner to any of a number of terrorist attacks on the US, since embassies and military sites, on land or water, are US property.

Get ya started?

MrMarbles said:
9/11 report spread blamne accross everyone, except clinto or bush, they played it very safe.

I think it came out pretty watered down too. One, they wanted it to be unanimous so the extremes on both sides were neutralized . Two, it was obvious the congressional oversight committees were absent at best. Three, there were a few cool heads in the bunch who realized that looking for a way to fix it was way more important than blaming someone . It's the type of a conclusion most committees come to-----BLAH.

Oh let's just cut to the chase. If you are busy defending Clinton you won't accept any answer. Bill is gone----defend Kerry if you wish. I really need to know what's so good about him .

dilloduck said:
Oh let's just cut to the chase. If you are busy defending Clinton you won't accept any answer. Bill is gone----defend Kerry if you wish. I really need to know what's so good about him .

Dang, wanted to rep that! Won't let me. Question is, who is he speaking to?

dilloduck said:

I am not defending Clinton. I just want a straight answer.

Kathianne, I was speaking to you since you answered my previous question.

Forum List

Back