Has anybody ever seen..

no1tovote4

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2004
Colorado
A ball hook as much a the missed FG returned for a TD yesterday?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/recap?gameId=251113003

Vasher's 108-yard return lifts Bears over 49ers

CHICAGO (AP) -- What the heck? Nathan Vasher caught the missed field goal deep in the end zone on the final play of the first half and decided to bring it out.

Seconds later, he was in the NFL record books with the longest play in league history -- an almost unimaginable rambling 108-yard TD return that stunned the San Francisco 49ers and propelled the Chicago Bears to a blustery 17-9 win Sunday.

It was over when ...
Robbie Gould's field goal put the Bears up 17-9 in the fourth quarter.
Game ball goes to ...
Nathan Vasher, whose record 108-yard TD return gave the Bears the lead for good.
ESPN's take ...
The Bears' offensive strategy won't change a great deal if Thomas Jones and Cedric Benson are out. They still will have to run the football, but I'd expect the tight end to be used more in the short passing game to get those three or four yards on first down. This team isn't going to win games by throwing the deep ball and they realize that.
-- Eric Allen
"I've never really seen it

did you see the one earlier in the game where it went into the side stands? It was like a 30 yd FG attempt and when he kicked it, it sailed completely sideways to the right stands. Ive never seen that before in my life.

insein said:
did you see the one earlier in the game where it went into the side stands? It was like a 30 yd FG attempt and when he kicked it, it sailed completely sideways to the right stands. Ive never seen that before in my life.

Nah, couldn't watch that game we didn't get it locally. I was watching the Broncos. Woot! Go Broncos!

Forum List

Back