Harvard Professor Jailed; Officer Is Accused of Bias

Here's a thought...

Once the cop knew that Gates wasn't a burgular, (and he knew that the moment Gates gave him his ID) he ought to have said politely goodnight.

He works for GATES you know, not the other way around.

Here's a thought...

Once the cop knew that Gates wasn't a burgular, (and he knew that the moment Gates gave him his ID) he ought to have said politely goodnight.

the way I'm understanding events is the cop did try to leave and Gates followed him out, continuing on with the verbal racist attacks and would not stop.. hence he got arrested.. now what?

Here's a thought...

the way I'm understanding events is the cop did try to leave and Gates followed him out, continuing on with the verbal racist attacks and would not stop.. hence he got arrested.. now what?

If that's true, Willow, then GATES was wrong.

This case is like a Rorschach test, isn't it?

ror1.JPG

Quick, is the above a picture of police harassment or a policeman being harassed?

the answer is that without knowing exactly what happened, we will never really KNOW who was wrong or right.

But if I had my guess, I'd GUESS that two EGOS clashed in the night.

Here's a thought...

ror1.JPG

Quick, is the above a picture of police harassment or a policeman being harassed?

the answer is that without knowing exactly what happened, we will never really KNOW who was wrong or right.

well, it's my understanding that the police officers assessment is verified by two other police officers as well as eye witness neighbors.. shrug!

interesting debate between manifold and bass. Who is correct? I guess if bigotry and racism adds anything to a thread, then bass is right in that Bass adds to the thread.

The burden of proof is on you to demonstrate bigotry and racism on the Bass' part, all you're doing is whining and making accusations about something that hasn't taken place.

Perhaps your reputation precedes you on this one. :eusa_whistle:

I know it (his reputation) has colored my judgement on him...no pun intended

anyone read where the black cop thought they acted properly and that the prof was being weird....
Why would you expect a black cop to stick up for a professor just because the professor is black too. Cops stick up for cops. Besides that cop was Portuguese, probably Capo Verde, he wasn't Southern black.

racist much?

A racist is someone who thinks a black should stick up for another black no matter what the other black did.

ror1.JPG

well, it's my understanding that the police officers assessment is verified by two other police officers as well as eye witness neighbors.. shrug!
An eye witness made point of saying he/she thought the arrest was unnecessary.

ror1.JPG

Quick, is the above a picture of police harassment or a policeman being harassed?​

the answer is that without knowing exactly what happened, we will never really KNOW who was wrong or right.​

It's my understanding that one cop will lie and ten will swear to it.

That's your thin blue line in action

So Shrug on, sister, because we cannot KNOW what happened because we weren't there.

Hence my Rorschach test quip.

Forum List

Back