Harvard Prof Gates Is Half-Irish, Related to Cop Who Arrested Him

I'm just wondering.......why didn't Crowley put in his report that he saw an Irishman in the house?

And why did Crowley desribe Gates as black when he is, at best, beige?

MM, do you have an actual link to his application? Reason I ask is I'm not sure if this is an internet rumor or not.

I'd also like to see the context.

I'm also not going to hold something against someone that they wrote as a teen forty years ago when having to prove yourself to "whitey" was a pretty common place occurrence.
It's common knowledge Ravi, this is what he put on his application. And there's NO taking it out of context, it just is what it is.

But I see you're excusing it, so it doesn't really matter. However if a white had used the n-word exactly like this, on his application to Grambling State, do you think he would have gotten in?

Gates is a professional, lifelong career race victim is the point.

Here's your link:

Gates, an intellectual drawn back into the arena - wtop.com
Thanks for the effort but I see no link to his application at that site.

Questioning isn't excusing, but nice generalization.

Also, whitey isn't exactly the same as ******, is it, retard? Especially 40 years ago.

MM, do you have an actual link to his application? Reason I ask is I'm not sure if this is an internet rumor or not.

I'm also not going to hold something against someone that they wrote as a teen forty years ago when having to prove yourself to "whitey" was a pretty common place occurrence.
It's common knowledge Ravi, this is what he put on his application. And there's NO taking it out of context, it just is what it is.

But I see you're excusing it, so it doesn't really matter. However if a white had used the n-word exactly like this, on his application to Grambling State, do you think he would have gotten in?

Here's your link:

Interesting article. It would appear from it that Gates was indeed a race VICTIM, just from the two opening paragraphs:

before Harvard, long before his books and documentaries _ Henry Louis Gates Jr. and some friends nearly set off a brawl trying to integrate a West Virginia club.

Gates and the others were circled by a white mob. The owner screamed at the black students to leave, slamming one of them against the wall. The club was shut down, but Gates had been marked: West Virginia police, he would write in his memoir, placed him on a list of those who might be detained should race riots break out during election time.

If he actually wrote what he did in his Yale application, I can only assume he was daring them not to accept it.

"Henry Louis Gates Jr., the black professor at the center of the racial story involving his arrest outside his Harvard University-owned house, has spoken proudly of his Irish roots. Strangely enough, he and the Cambridge, Mass., police officer who arrested him, Sgt. James Crowley, both trace their ancestry back to the legendary Niall of the Nine Hostages."

We are all related to Adam and Eve. Except, of course, the atheists who are related to pond scum.
What? More abuse?

:lol:

If you go far back enough, we are all related to pond scum.

OMG, you're an atheist? I can't win... :(

"Henry Louis Gates Jr., the black professor at the center of the racial story involving his arrest outside his Harvard University-owned house, has spoken proudly of his Irish roots. Strangely enough, he and the Cambridge, Mass., police officer who arrested him, Sgt. James Crowley, both trace their ancestry back to the legendary Niall of the Nine Hostages."

:clap2: :rofl:

this gates story is the gift that keeps on giving...

Harvard Prof Gates Is Half-Irish, Related to Cop Who Arrested Him - ABC News

Looks like that will be a terrific ice-breaker for tomorrow evening's beerfest with Obama.

Playing the race victim has been Gates' stock in trade since 1970:

He wrote in his Yale University application, "As always, whitey now sits in judgment of me, preparing to cast my fate. It is your decision either to let me blow with the wind as a nonentity or to encourage the development of self. Allow me to prove myself."

And I suppose you have a link that would prove he actually wrote that...
its in the post above yours

The point of tomorrow's beer bust is to get Obama off the hook for coming across as a racist. He HOPES it will CHANGE someone's mind. I doubt it.

The point of tomorrow's beer bust is to get Obama off the hook for coming across as a racist. He HOPES it will CHANGE someone's mind. I doubt it.

Obama should not have gotten involved in a local police matter.

However, Obama's initial comments were spot on. It was stupid to arrest someone in their own home in the course of investigating a possible B&E. Just plain stupid.

Here's your link:

Also, whitey isn't exactly the same as ******, is it, retard? Especially 40 years ago.
Now now.... No need for the name calling -- it doesn't bother me anyway and I'm one of the few here who ever tries to have a civil discourse with you.

If you're disputing he wrote that on his application, remember that denial is really really bad. He wrote it. He acknowledges it. It's just fact.

If you're an apologist for this, that's okay too. Not the end of the world.

But if you think bigotry is a one-way street, and "whitey" isn't comparable to the n-word, we begin to understand you a little better.

Exactly right.
But However, Obama's initial comments were spot on. It was stupid to arrest someone in their own home in the course of investigating a possible B&E. Just plain stupid.
But.... like Obama, you don't know all the facts. And when the facts came in, Obama backpedaled. So should you.

It was STUPID for Gates to continue shouting racial slurs, outside at the top of his lungs as the cops were LEAVING. They were trying to leave. They warned him that he WOULD be arrested if he didn't cease the disruptive behavior. He refused, and was arrested.

Almost like he WANTED to be arrested. In fact, he told them, "arrest me then." Ever try that on a cop? They WILL oblige.

Exactly right.
But However, Obama's initial comments were spot on. It was stupid to arrest someone in their own home in the course of investigating a possible B&E. Just plain stupid.
But.... like Obama, you don't know all the facts. And when the facts came in, Obama backpedaled. So should you.

It was STUPID for Gates to continue shouting racial slurs, outside at the top of his lungs as the cops were LEAVING. They were trying to leave. They warned him that he WOULD be arrested if he didn't cease the disruptive behavior. He refused, and was arrested.

Almost like he WANTED to be arrested. In fact, he told them, "arrest me then." Ever try that on a cop? They WILL oblige.

Poppy cock.

The charges were dropped. Gates is guilty of NO CRIME.

Do you often advocate the arrest of innocent people?

Here's your link:

Now now.... No need for the name calling -- it doesn't bother me anyway and I'm one of the few here who ever tries to have a civil discourse with you. Of the wingnuts, that's probably true. Well, except for Del and once and a while Zeno. :lol:

If you're disputing he wrote that on his application, remember that denial is really really bad. He wrote it. He acknowledges it. It's just fact. That's fine, just provide me with a credible link to his application. Just because it is written on the internet that such and such is true doesn't make it so.

If you're an apologist for this, that's okay too. Not the end of the world. Apologist for what? I'd like to see what he actually wrote.

But if you think bigotry is a one-way street, and "whitey" isn't comparable to the n-word, we begin to understand you a little better. I don't think bigotry is a one way street, in fact I believe we are all bigots to a certain extent. But no, whitey isn't comparable to ******.
:eusa_angel:

Now now.... No need for the name calling -- it doesn't bother me anyway and I'm one of the few here who ever tries to have a civil discourse with you. Of the wingnuts, that's probably true. Well, except for Del and once and a while Zeno. :lol:

If you're disputing he wrote that on his application, remember that denial is really really bad. He wrote it. He acknowledges it. It's just fact. That's fine, just provide me with a credible link to his application. Just because it is written on the internet that such and such is true doesn't make it so.

If you're an apologist for this, that's okay too. Not the end of the world. Apologist for what? I'd like to see what he actually wrote.

But if you think bigotry is a one-way street, and "whitey" isn't comparable to the n-word, we begin to understand you a little better. I don't think bigotry is a one way street, in fact I believe we are all bigots to a certain extent. But no, whitey isn't comparable to ******.
if "being on the internet doesnt make it true" why bother to ask for a link?

if "being on the internet doesnt make it true" why bother to ask for a link?
Good point, dcon. A link to his actual application would be more credible than a link to a report about what his application says.

:lol:

I wonder if Willow has discovered to her horror that her ancestors had "black blood".

Maybe Willow is Sicilian?

Remember this scene from True Romance? Probably the best scene Dennis Hopper has ever been in :

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXjcf47y-zk]YouTube - True Romance - 'So You're Sicilian huh?'[/ame]

:rofl::popcorn::rofl:

. But no, whitey isn't comparable to ******.

Whitey is a racial slur that (usually) a black person says to a white person to insult them and demean them.

****** is a racial slur that (usually) a white person says to a black person to insult them and demean them.

Same coin, different sides.

Whitey is a racial slur that (usually) a black person says to a white person to insult them and demean them.

****** is a racial slur that (usually) a white person says to a black person to insult them and demean them.

I had an uncle that got the nick name "whitey" from the black guys he worked with. He was an awful bigot and loved that they called him that. After 30 years, I bet there weren't 10 people in Gainsville, GA that knew his real name.

There is no word for white people that compares to "******". You are not living in the real world if you think "whitey" means "a white ******" or that "******" means "a balck whitey". Particularly not 40 years ago.

Last edited:

There is no word for white people that compares to "******". You are not living in the real world if you think "whitey" means "a white ******" or that "******" means "a balck whitey". Particularly not 40 years ago.

Racial slurs are racial slurs and are used to insult and demean the other guy. That was my point.

Forum List

Back