Harry Reid's Comments were racist...RACIST AGAINST AMERICANS!!!

Racism has always been a curse in American culture. That it is not as great today as it was fifty or one hundred fifty years is a tremendous blessing. Reid was wrong, plymco. But you are wrong if you believe that we still don't have a problem with race in our wonderful country,

whoa hold off on the assumptions jake.

did you see my last post? c'mon man read it.

The audience also does not conisder america a racist nation (Except for one man) but they do acknowledge there is racism in america (duh)
see the "duh".

Thats my way of saying its obvious there is racism in america ;)
So the audience agreed with Reid.

You've lost my respect now that I know your opinions are shaped by Beck's hysterical social engineering.

:(

Racism has always been a curse in American culture. That it is not as great today as it was fifty or one hundred fifty years is a tremendous blessing. Reid was wrong, plymco. But you are wrong if you believe that we still don't have a problem with race in our wonderful country,

The audience also does not conisder america a racist nation (Except for one man) but they do acknowledge there is racism in america (duh)
see the "duh".

You've lost my respect now that I know your opinions are shaped by Beck's hysterical social engineering.

Why don,t you show some self respect and put up a decent avatar.

see the "duh".

Why don,t you show some self respect and put up a decent avatar.
What's wrong with my avatar?

As a lawyer whose practice includes race discrimination suits as 30% or better of my business, I don't think Reid said one thing wrong.

1. Is there a street dialect used by African Americans? YES
2. Can educated African Americans switch back and forth between proper English and street dialect? YES
3. Are darker-skinned African Americans treated worse, even by the African American community, than lighter-skinned African Americans? YES

Harry Reid's remarks might have exposed the seedy underbelly of political maneuvering, but it wasn't racist in the least. Anyone who lives in the South knows that all 3 of the points I've stated above are true.

America will never be able to have an honest dialog about race for many reasons. African Americans are still discriminated against heavily on a daily basis. Some African Americans "play the race card" inappropriately for personal benefit. Some Caucasians go overboard trying to make up for the discrimination against African Americans - i.e. "white guilt". All these things are so intertwined that our country will never change on these issues.

I, as a white man, found his remarks racist and insulting toward me.

He is saying that America is too racially minded to vote for a darker than obama black man with a different vocabulary.....I completely disagree with this assessment.

To all you out there on the forum who assume americans wouldn't vote for a darker skinned than obama person who may have a different speech pattern I say this....Look into your own mind and ask yourself "Am I racist against americans?" How else could you defend his racially charged tripe unless you held a racist view about your fellow americans?

Do you really view yourself as someone who wouldn't vote for a darker than obama person in the white house?

Maybe its just me who found reid racist toward americans...and maybe its just me who would vote for a wesley snipes shaded black american.....i'm sure i'll find out in the next few posts.

Rant off
The truth hurts sometimes, and I think his comments were pretty spot on. At least you get who he was really commenting one.:eusa_whistle:

and so didn't a lot of other white, black, asian, latino, and other americans of all ethnicities.

Good to see Harry Reid apologized to all of us though...so now we can move on.

RAVI nice red herring with that Glenn Beck comment.

Being a very light skinned black man myself and having a very dark family I can say that his assertion is true from personal experience.

Being a very light skinned black man myself and having a very dark family I can say that his assertion is true from personal experience.

Again as i've said all along I don't deny there is racism at all, people have been repeating that misrepresentation because they dont want to legitimize my opinion that harry reids comments put all americans in a false light.

If the majority of us were as racist as he describes obama would not be president right now.

Again as i've said all along I don't deny there is racism at all, people have been repeating that misrepresentation because they dont want to legitimize my opinion that harry reids comments put all americans in a false light.

If the majority of us were as racist as he describes obama would not be president right now.

When I say from personal experience I'm referring to how I've been treated in comparison to some of my darker friends and family. While I don't think that ALL Americans feel this way, I would assert that many do.

Forum List

Back