Harry Reid's Comments were racist...RACIST AGAINST AMERICANS!!!

I don't understand how calling someone racist is racist itself...I hear this a lot from rightwingers but it doesn't make sense to me.

Please explain why you believe that to be so.

Read the red part then i'll give you a short explaination below.

Harry Reid's prejudiced assumption that americans are a racist people is wrong as evidenced by our last election. Yes there is racism in america between many different ethnicities however it is not prevalant in our society anymore.

For reid, or anyone else, to run around making the claim that americans are a majority racist people is, in itself, a prejudicial view based on race...hence the claim that this same behavior and opinion is racist.

Thats my opinion and you are free to disagree.
He said it before the election and so did many other people...he turned out to be wrong but I'm still not seeing how it is racist to say someone is racist. :doubt:

It is not racist to call out racism. It is worng however when it is an assumption.

I would like to know what Reid apologized to Obama for.

Likewise, I would like to know why Obama, a man that was NOT insulted by the comment as it was not about him but instead about those that may or may not vote for him, deemed it appropriate to not only accept the apology but to then say it was a closed book.

Everyday, Obama does things that make me feel that he believes it is all about him and not about the people.

The American People were the recipients of an insult. Told that skin tone is used to make voting decisions; yet HE accepts the apology and says "case closed".

So because other people made the prejudical remark about americans that makes it ok (your comment "so did many other people" is what i'm talking about)? That would be like saying Obama running a huge defecit is ok because bushtard did it too.

Maybe you need a different person's words to understand the issue I have with reids prejudical and anti-white racist comments.

It was 100% toward the public.
He did not say "being lighter skinned will make him a better president"

He said, and I am paraphrasing for effect:

'the lighter his skin the more likely a white person would consider him a viable candidate worthy of his or her vote"

I found that to be very offensive. I voted for Obama becuase I believed he was the best choice. But during the primaries, I was leaning toward Clinton. And many asked me if it were becuase I would not vote for a black man. I find the whole thing offensive.

Thanks

Read the red part then i'll give you a short explaination below.

Harry Reid's prejudiced assumption that americans are a racist people is wrong as evidenced by our last election. Yes there is racism in america between many different ethnicities however it is not prevalant in our society anymore.

For reid, or anyone else, to run around making the claim that americans are a majority racist people is, in itself, a prejudicial view based on race...hence the claim that this same behavior and opinion is racist.

Thats my opinion and you are free to disagree.
He said it before the election and so did many other people...he turned out to be wrong but I'm still not seeing how it is racist to say someone is racist. :doubt:

It is not racist to call out racism. It is worng however when it is an assumption.

Likewise, I would like to know why Obama, a man that was NOT insulted by the comment as it was not about him but instead about those that may or may not vote for him, deemed it appropriate to not only accept the apology but to then say it was a closed book.

Everyday, Obama does things that make me feel that he believes it is all about him and not about the people.

The American People were the recipients of an insult. Told that skin tone is used to make voting decisions; yet HE accepts the apology and says "case closed".
I'm not insulted. Who the hell are you to decide that you speak for me and millions of Americans?

Harry can't be a racist, he's a demoncrap.
Talkin' 'bout that "Negro Dialect" is a-okay if you support the new marxist agenda.

I think using the word Negro is quite okay with Rush Limbaugh and his fans, and now they're calling it racist.

Wouldn't that amount to calling themselves racist?

And some of the people on here shouting that using the word Negro was racist, have repeatedly demonstrated that they don't have a problem referring to black people as N's (and I don't mean Negroes).

I, as a white man, found his remarks racist and insulting toward me.

He is saying that America is too racially minded to vote for a darker than obama black man with a different vocabulary.....I completely disagree with this assessment.

To all you out there on the forum who assume americans wouldn't vote for a darker skinned than obama person who may have a different speech pattern I say this....Look into your own mind and ask yourself "Am I racist against americans?" How else could you defend his racially charged tripe unless you held a racist view about your fellow americans?

Do you really view yourself as someone who wouldn't vote for a darker than obama person in the white house?

Maybe its just me who found reid racist toward americans...and maybe its just me who would vote for a wesley snipes shaded black american.....i'm sure i'll find out in the next few posts.

Rant off

You remind me of how I was offended by posters saying that fellow Americans voted for Obama just because he is black.

I'm not insulted. Who the hell are you to decide that you speak for me and millions of Americans?

I'm not insulted either and simply cannot recall when the word "negro" became an insult. Was it after the word "niggardly" became one?

He is saying that America is too racially minded to vote for a darker than obama black man with a different vocabulary.....I completely disagree with this assessment.

To all you out there on the forum who assume americans wouldn't vote for a darker skinned than obama person who may have a different speech pattern I say this....Look into your own mind and ask yourself "Am I racist against americans?" How else could you defend his racially charged tripe unless you held a racist view about your fellow americans?

Do you really view yourself as someone who wouldn't vote for a darker than obama person in the white house?

Maybe its just me who found reid racist toward americans...and maybe its just me who would vote for a wesley snipes shaded black american.....i'm sure i'll find out in the next few posts.

Rant off

You remind me of how I was offended by posters saying that fellow Americans voted for Obama just because he is black.

At least you understand where I am coming from then. I always thought people voted for him because they liked him better than they liked McCain and felt the "because he was black" statements were shallow.

Some, in another thread, unintentionally described why i am so upset. let me quote it

Lott's own party wanted him out after that was made public.

I for one agreed with the decision to get rid of lott for the same reasons i am upset with reid, his comments were offensive and not acceptable in any congressperson.
Can you explain exactly how Reid's comments were offensive? Offensive to Whites perhaps, indicating that it would take a half white black person that speaks just like educated Whites do, to get elected by the majority white citizens....then yes, it was offensive to whites perhaps? But how was it offensive or racist?
Do you believe that if Obama was not educated and did not speak in the same mannerisms or way as the White people that helped elect him did, that they would have voted for him and got him elected?

Harry, was insulting white people and the prejudices that lie within that race, no?

As I described in another thread http://www.usmessageboard.com/race-...nts-were-racist-racist-against-americans.html i felt it was racist against the american voting populace. Exactly like you said as a white man I personally was offended by his comments.

I also felt his comments were racist/prejudiced in nature. The nature of that racism being his assumption that the american voters wouldn't vote for a black man. It may just be a prejudiced or bigoted view and not racist but still its not an opinion I share or agree with, in fact it is an opinion that disgusts me to such an extent that I keep participating in these threads when I dont want to anymore.

For all of you in the forum who were giving me a hard time over my position that what harry reid did was an insult on all americans why don't you watch this video and listen to what the black americans in it have to say.

If you can't stand beck and wont watch it I understand...and for you just know that they agreed that it was an insult to all americans.

The audience also does not conisder america a racist nation (Except for one man) but they do acknowledge there is racism in america (duh)

So to those of you calling me ingenuine, wrong, and fake for my feelings on it...KISS MY ASS

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f4rRZIXvcVw[/ame]

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4yCiRdKZbg[/ame]

Racism has always been a curse in American culture. That it is not as great today as it was fifty or one hundred fifty years is a tremendous blessing. Reid was wrong, plymco. But you are wrong if you believe that we still don't have a problem with race in our wonderful country,

Racism has always been a curse in American culture. That it is not as great today as it was fifty or one hundred fifty years is a tremendous blessing. Reid was wrong, plymco. But you are wrong if you believe that we still don't have a problem with race in our wonderful country,

whoa hold off on the assumptions jake.

did you see my last post? c'mon man read it.

The audience also does not conisder america a racist nation (Except for one man) but they do acknowledge there is racism in america (duh)

see the "duh".

Thats my way of saying its obvious there is racism in america ;)

Very good. I wanted you to reemphasize it, Plymco. Yes, we have real problems with racism. And, yes, Reid is a racist.

Yea i still find it hard to fathom how Liberals can say that Reid's "Dialect" comment wasn't Racist. Forget about his other questionable comments. That comment alone does seem to be a bit Racist to me. I'm sure if a Republican had made that same comment,the Liberal Press would be up on their high horses demanding his immediate resignation. His comments were not meant to be harmful but that doesn't mean they weren't Racist. I'm pretty sure CNN,NBC,CBS,ABC,NPR,NY Times,and many other Liberal Media outlets would have a completely different take today if it had been a Republican who made these questionable comments. Hey that's just how i see it anyway.

I find it hard to believe that wingnuts are hanging on to this story for dear life. It's been over for days now.

Sarahg, I apologize for the wingnuts in my party. As we clean them out, we will run better against the Dems in the future.

Rant off
The truth hurts sometimes, and I think his comments were pretty spot on. At least you get who he was really commenting one.:eusa_whistle:

Rant off

I agree...ask yourself if he was darker (which seems to scare the hell out of certain people) and started statements out with ..knowhatimsayin....

WOULD HE HAD BEEN ELECTED? If not, Reid was 100% correct.

Talkin' 'bout that "Negro Dialect" is a-okay if you support the new marxist agenda.

This coming from a guy with this as his avatar?

I think using the word Negro is quite okay with Rush Limbaugh and his fans, and now they're calling it racist.

Wouldn't that amount to calling themselves racist?

And this is why I have no respect for your skewered partisan "Thinking"
Let me rephrase that, WTF are you trying to say?
If Rush or Bill O' had used the term "Negro Dialect"??? You be nutz or sumpin?

pssst...yo do know rush had the song Barack the magic negro played on his show....righty?

Forum List

Back