Harry Reid Supporters Egg Tea Party Express Buses in Route

Nobody should be throwing anything to make a point. Good grief, what are we, middle-schoolers?

huh...I read that the eggs were thrown at the bus while it was parked and empty and that the probable culprit was a tea partier trying, like Eric Cantor, to say, "I'm a victim of violence, too!!"

Anyway, I squirmed when I heard Palin's sound bites. What an embarrassment that woman is.

Catch em prosecute em and make em pay for a paintjob as well.

I would say hang em but would get ragged on by someone here if they turn out to be conservatives.

Lock and load.

The unfortunate bus must have been in the crosshairs:

3399063060_3689135ef9.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Catch em prosecute em and make em pay for a paintjob as well.

I would say hang em but would get ragged on by someone here if they turn out to be conservatives.

Just save time. Have them make raw cookie dough with the eggs and eat it.

It was a few eggs apparently. Juvenile behavior with no real consequences. Let's just be big about it and take it down a notch. Anyone honestly interested in seeing a person in jail over some eggs?

I saw Palin's speech on Fox News. Sounded like a repeat of the Arizona speech on Friday. When they showed a crowd shot it looked liek they were at least close to ten thousand. Can we get confirmation of how many?

No. But they should be fined. If they have to be arrested in order to be fined, then so be it. But in this heated political environment NO physical provacation can be tolerated least it lead to 'real violence'.

They should be prosecuted to the full extent of the law. Goes the same for any other vandal, including the ones who threw bricks through congress critter's windows.

Shit has crossed way over the line from hyperbole to actual misdemeanors and felonies. From BOTH sides it seems.

You did hear that one claim of a brick through a Democrat congressman's window was retracted, when it was pointed out his office was on the 30th floor. :lol:

No, I hadn't heard that one. But I also know that others were not faked.

I'm far from advocating violence, from either side. Nor is the author, read the last paragraph. However, to think this hasn't been a concerted effort on the left's side, you'd have to be blind. Check out this link I posted on another thread:

http://www.usmessageboard.com/2146436-post25.html

Sorry, I'm not generating enough outrage to offer too much indignation on the egg throwing incident but the real violent tea baggers should definately go to prison for a couple of years for hate speech and inciting violence in DC.

This stuff is measured in degrees and the hate speech, Palin's targeting Democrats using crosshair icons, throwing a brick through a window.. any one of those are in no way comparable to throwing an egg,.

Throwing shoes at the president rises to the level of violence as well.

huh...I read that the eggs were thrown at the bus while it was parked and empty and that the probable culprit was a tea partier trying, like Eric Cantor, to say, "I'm a victim of violence, too!!"

Anyway, I squirmed when I heard Palin's sound bites. What an embarrassment that woman is.

Well, if you read it, it must be true.

:lol::lol::lol::lol: And you think Palin's embarrassing? If I'd written what you just wrote, I'd wouldn't be looking to label anyone else as 'embarrassing'.

Sorry, I'm not generating enough outrage to offer too much indignation on the egg throwing incident but the real violent tea baggers should definately go to prison for a couple of years for hate speech and inciting violence in DC.

This stuff is measured in degrees and the hate speech, Palin's targeting Democrats using crosshair icons, throwing a brick through a window.. any one of those are in no way comparable to throwing an egg,.

What about the rabid left with their posters of Bush in the crosshairs? Them too? We really need to recognize the difference between actual genuine threats and stupidity. On both sides.

This whole thing about 'hate speech' and 'incitement' is becoming laughable - and that's a shame because there are a few genuine nutters around who we really should be worried about. Unfortunately, the left and the right keep pretending it's anyone who disagrees with them.

What about the rabid left with their posters of Bush in the crosshairs? Them too? We really need to recognize the difference between actual genuine threats and stupidity. On both sides.

This whole thing about 'hate speech' and 'incitement' is becoming laughable - and that's a shame because there are a few genuine nutters around who we really should be worried about. Unfortunately, the left and the right keep pretending it's anyone who disagrees with them.
Good to see that you agree Palin is a nutter.

Here you go. Paul Krugman, a professional writer, makes a point I've been trying to make all along.
But back to the main theme. What has been really striking has been the eliminationist rhetoric of the G.O.P., coming not from some radical fringe but from the party’s leaders. John Boehner, the House minority leader, declared that the passage of health reform was “Armageddon.” The Republican National Committee put out a fund-raising appeal that included a picture of Nancy Pelosi, the speaker of the House, surrounded by flames, while the committee’s chairman declared that it was time to put Ms. Pelosi on “the firing line.” And Sarah Palin put out a map literally putting Democratic lawmakers in the cross hairs of a rifle sight.

All of this goes far beyond politics as usual. Democrats had a lot of harsh things to say about former President George W. Bush — but you’ll search in vain for anything comparably menacing, anything that even hinted at an appeal to violence, from members of Congress, let alone senior party officials.
Op-Ed Columnist - Going to Extreme - NYTimes.com

Forum List

Back