Harry Reid says PRIVATE SECTOR jobs doing fine--it's GOV jobs that are suffering

This is unbelievable. Harry Reid--Democrat senate majority leader trying to push Obama's new job's bill through the senate makes this comment.

actually, last month and the month before, the number of private sector jobs created were canceled out by the number of government jobs terminated.

reality, it's quite a concept.

yes quite a concept....:rolleyes:

But James Hohman, assistant director for fiscal policy at the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, disagrees. He said private-sector jobs have been hit harder than public-sector jobs since the recession started in December 2007.

The private sector has lost 6.3 million jobs, a 5.4 percent drop, since December 2007, while the public sector has only lost 1.8 percent, or 392,000 jobs, in that same time, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The public sector had 22.3 million jobs in December 2007 and dropped to 21.2 million in September 2011. The private sector had 115.6 million jobs in December 2007 and it dropped to 109.3 million as of September 2011.

Hohman said the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 protected many government jobs.

“The private sector is still way down and they should not be asked to support government jobs that have been protected from a recession,” Hohman said.

more at-
Harry Reid Misreads Facts on Public/Private Job Losses [Michigan Capitol Confidential]

Harry Reid is correct

Private sector employment has been up the last few months, it is the cutbacks in government spending and government jobs that is holding down the employment figures

I wonder who insisted on that?

Thanks Tea Baggers

The only reason why the economy grew private sector jobs last month was, because the verizon strike was over...had nothing to do with organic growth in the economy.

Private sector jobs that are created by the free markets alleviate the burden on the tax payer.

Government Jobs are a burden on the tax payer. Anyone suggesting government jobs should take priority over the private sector is completely wrong.

Private sector jobs are up for thirteen straight months

Government jobs are critical to our society and include teachers, firemen and police........oh.......I forgot......Republicans consider them to be leeches

We gained 100k obs last month, 45k was because verizon workers ended the strike....those numbers too robust for you? This is America, we should piss 100K jobs.

Have we lost private sector jobs this year?

not that i know of. but they're also not keeping up with the number of new available employees.

the fact that government is playing the austerity thing is what's slowing down the economy to a standstill.

you are so off base, dare I say, you may be in.......Looney land:eek:...:rolleyes:...take a look around, stay a while...:lol:

This is unbelievable. Harry Reid--Democrat senate majority leader trying to push Obama's new job's bill through the senate makes this comment.

actually, last month and the month before, the number of private sector jobs created were canceled out by the number of government jobs terminated.

reality, it's quite a concept.

yes quite a concept....:rolleyes:

But James Hohman, assistant director for fiscal policy at the Mackinac Center for Public Policy, disagrees. He said private-sector jobs have been hit harder than public-sector jobs since the recession started in December 2007.

The private sector has lost 6.3 million jobs, a 5.4 percent drop, since December 2007, while the public sector has only lost 1.8 percent, or 392,000 jobs, in that same time, according to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics. The public sector had 22.3 million jobs in December 2007 and dropped to 21.2 million in September 2011. The private sector had 115.6 million jobs in December 2007 and it dropped to 109.3 million as of September 2011.

Hohman said the American Recovery & Reinvestment Act of 2009 protected many government jobs.

“The private sector is still way down and they should not be asked to support government jobs that have been protected from a recession,” Hohman said.

more at-
Harry Reid Misreads Facts on Public/Private Job Losses [Michigan Capitol Confidential]

why would i care about what some uber rightwing "thinktank says"? i've never seen anything true come out of randians.

If there is not enough private sector jobs they cant hire for public sector. Guess what the taxes that they collect from the private sector jobs pays the employees of the public. Now that is a concept isnt it ..

The Tea Bag effect is not only limiting public employees but also reduces Government contracts that add private sector jobs

It all helps to stagnate employment

JC, RWers are brainwashed, ignorant, and STUPID. Can't ignore STUPID any more. Perfect tools of the GREEDY rich. When you A-holes cut gov't jobs, guess what, it's teachers, police and firemen who go first. And demand for private sector goods dry up. Morons think they're smarter than Keynes....Dumb and getting dumber under voodoo and Fox etc...

@ Trajan

Thank you for the link. I will check it out now since this thread seems to have bottomed out somewhat.

:eusa_whistle:

Thirteen months of private sector job growth automatically means private sector job growth is "fine"? Doesn't matter how many jobs were created or how many needed to be created to even keep up with new entrants to the job market. Nah, if you have at least one new job created, everything is "fine".

fucking morons, huh.... they'll figure it out eventually.

Harry Reid is correct

Private sector employment has been up the last few months, it is the cutbacks in government spending and government jobs that is holding down the employment figures

I wonder who insisted on that?

Thanks Tea Baggers

PolitiFact | Nancy Pelosi says jobs increased faster in 2010 than in eight years under Bush
But we noted at the time that Pelosi had cherry-picked the data, choosing a time frame favorable to Obama. If she'd instead chosen to start from the beginning of Obama's term -- rather than half way through his first two years -- she would have been stuck with a net loss of 3.4 million private-sector jobs, not the increase of 777,000 she came up with for the first eight months of 2010. Pelosi essentially started counting from the low point for jobs and only counted the upward part of the trendline.
when we get back those 3.4 million jobs, THEN you can tell me how wonderful job growth under Obama is.

If you take the entirety of Obama’s term -- January 2009 to August 2011 -- the nation has lost 1.8 million jobs, which is still worse than what happened under Bush.

Thank Sharron Angle and all those who endorsed her -- *cough* Sarah Palin -- for us still having to put up with Harry Reid.

The Tea Bag effect is not only limiting public employees but also reduces Government contracts that add private sector jobs

Yeah--like that contract with Solyndra--what was that? 5.6 MILLION per job created that went bellyup on us--throwing 535 million taxpayer dollars down the toilet.

We sure need some more contracts like that--:lol::lol::lol:

Show-Horse.jpg

Thank Sharron Angle and all those who endorsed her -- *cough* Sarah Palin -- for us still having to put up with Harry Reid.

I didn't know Sarah Palin endorsed her??? Are you sure about that?

Yes. I don't know if it happened before she won the primary but yes. I guess I shoulda just thanked Tea Party Express and Club for Growth.

Whoever brought us Sharron Angle, pffffllllllflflfl. :lol:

I didn't know Sarah Palin endorsed her??? Are you sure about that?

Yes. I don't know if it happened before she won the primary but yes. I guess I shoulda just thanked Tea Party Express and Club for Growth.

Whoever brought us Sharron Angle, pffffllllllflflfl. :lol:
Yeah that was a disaster--but you're not the only one--we had one ourselves here in Colorado--Ken Buck--in an election that was his to win--blew it big time-- in the final weeks of the 2010 election.

That's why it is s..... important to chose candidates that are extremely knowledgeable--and can debate.

Yeah--like that contract with Solyndra--what was that? 5.6 MILLION per job created that went bellyup on us--throwing 535 million taxpayer dollars down the toilet.

Show-Horse.jpg

link? It was thousands of jobs, 1200 plus many more suppliers....but let China control the industry if you can get rid of Obama- that's all that counts....:cuckoo:

Show-Horse.jpg

link? It was thousands of jobs, 1200 plus many more suppliers....but let China control the industry if you can get rid of Obama- that's all that counts....:cuckoo:

The problem is we borrowed this money from China--so Obama could BET 535 million taxpayer dollars to fund a company that he knew full well was going to go bankrupt--and it did indeed equate to 5.6 MILLION per job created--that are now GONE too.

This was nothing more than a political pay-back to the main investor in this company that was a large campaign bundler for Obama in 2008. We even have an e-mail going to Biden's desk from an analyst stating that this company would be bankrupt in Sept. 2011--and he was right. That's why this loan is being investigated right now.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back