Harry Reid changes the rules to table the house bill

He changed the votes required to table the vote from the standard 60 to a simple majority. Sad thing is he only got 59 votes to table it. Had he followed the standard measures he would have failed in his effort to ditch the bill.

What is the point of having senate rules if you can just change them to suit your self interests. Sad

That truly sad thing is that some Republicans vote to table the bill. Everyone of those Republicans should get canned.

He changed the votes required to table the vote from the standard 60 to a simple majority. Sad thing is he only got 59 votes to table it. Had he followed the standard measures he would have failed in his effort to ditch the bill.

What is the point of having senate rules if you can just change them to suit your self interests. Sad

That truly sad thing is that some Republicans vote to table the bill. Everyone of those Republicans should get canned.

Agreed 100%

you realize Boehner changed the rules to be able to vote on the amended bill today, right?

right?

Boehner changed to vote on it, Reid to drive the country further off the spending cliff.

Even you can tell the difference, right?

I missed all this - golf, shopping with the wife and then tennis today.

So whatever it was, you say that it's okay that Boehner changed the rules for whatever it was, but it was not okay that Reid did the same thing on whatever if was.

Does that seem objective to you? Never mind.

It was change the rules or vote it down and start over. What will happen is that Senate will pick apart the bill piece by piece and come up with an "amended" version. It will be sent back to the House for passage.

Personally I think that the whole thing can be deemed a threat to National Security and the President should issue an Executive order to the Treasury instructing them to pay all the bills if nothing is passed. What is that saying "Kill em all and let God sort them out!" In this case get the bills paid and let the USSC sort it out later.

All they really have to do is raise the debt ceiling through 2012, I don't want these idiots going through this every six months. They're all politicizing this to no end and holding America hostage. It's silly and people are going to suffer!

They need to stop talking and get this done now.

Forum List

Back