Harry Reid changes the rules to table the house bill

He changed the votes required to table the vote from the standard 60 to a simple majority. Sad thing is he only got 59 votes to table it. Had he followed the standard measures he would have failed in his effort to ditch the bill.

What is the point of having senate rules if you can just change them to suit your self interests. Sad
the traitors on the left will default on the debt before they cut spending!!

If giving in to extortion and allowing an amendment to the constitution without discussion is being a traitor, then yes. Somehow, I doubt that any President in history would have given in to this BULLSHIT.

Once Boehner added the requirement for a balanced budget amendment he killed any chance whatsoever that this bill would ever become law. Not that he had a choice - nothing else would pass the house. His alternative would have been no bill at all.

We now have a rather silly game of procedure going on. If Reid wanted to actually do something constructive, he'll rip everything out of the bill except for increasing the budget deficit and set it to a full increase to 2012...effectively turning it into a 'clean' bill.
Maybe he could include something requiring a discussion of a balanced budget amendment, just to allow the Repugs to save some face so that they'll pass it.

That's just about the only way any bill raising the debt ceiling is going to pass before Tuesday. Raise the cieling...no strings attached.

Other than that, it's up to Obama to invoke the 14th amendment. The longer he waits the better for him politically...and the worse for the Repugs...but the longer he waits, the worse for the country.

That would never make it to the president. Harry is as strung by his party as John is by his.
We are at the worst impass I can recall.

He changed the votes required to table the vote from the standard 60 to a simple majority. Sad thing is he only got 59 votes to table it. Had he followed the standard measures he would have failed in his effort to ditch the bill.

What is the point of having senate rules if you can just change them to suit your self interests. Sad

If giving in to extortion and allowing an amendment to the constitution without discussion is being a traitor, then yes. Somehow, I doubt that any President in history would have given in to this BULLSHIT.

Our current potus has been full of nothing but bullshit (hot air if you like) so I guess that makes him the first

what discussion fool??the libbs in the senate tabled both bills.:eusa_eh:

apparently, it is in the senate rules that the rules can be changed?

you realize Boehner changed the rules to be able to vote on the amended bill today, right?

right?

Boehner changed to vote on it, Reid to drive the country further off the spending cliff.

Even you can tell the difference, right?

Oh, I see the difference: one was done by someone whose ass you're willing to kiss.

What's the difference between Boehner voting today and tomorrow? He already pushed it back three days in order to suck Tea Party c...err, convince tea partiers to vote for it.

I'm against all these deal, every one of them. None of them truly address the core of the problem, you have to treat Obama and the Dems like the criminally irresponsible fucks they are.

There's no crisis Aug 2. It's going to come and go and only if Obama decides to go nuclear will there be a default. The House needs to tell the Dems that they don't get a new dime until the start cutting. Let's see what the Executives priorities are. If he manages to cut and pay everything he can, good, we raise the ceiling for a month.

I did workouts for one of the country's biggest real estate investor but I never once had a general partner that ran things as badly as Obama and the Dems so I can't speak from direct experience. But the concept remains: You have to be insane to lend more money to these people under any of the plans put up so far.

Jamie Dupree correctly stated on The Neal Boortz show today the Reid bill contains more cuts than Boehner's bill.

Typical leftwing idiot, change the rules to suit them and then blame the republicans. Anyone who supports reid and the dimwits is a fool. You know who you guys are.

Jamie Dupree correctly stated on The Neal Boortz show today the Reid bill contains more cuts than Boehner's bill.

Cbo scoring came back. It came up short 200 billion. It also uses gimmicks such as the winding down of the war. Wars sorry

Boehner changed to vote on it, Reid to drive the country further off the spending cliff.

Even you can tell the difference, right?

Oh, I see the difference: one was done by someone whose ass you're willing to kiss.

What's the difference between Boehner voting today and tomorrow? He already pushed it back three days in order to suck Tea Party c...err, convince tea partiers to vote for it.

I'm against all these deal, every one of them. None of them truly address the core of the problem, you have to treat Obama and the Dems like the criminally irresponsible fucks they are.

There's no crisis Aug 2. It's going to come and go and only if Obama decides to go nuclear will there be a default. The House needs to tell the Dems that they don't get a new dime until the start cutting. Let's see what the Executives priorities are. If he manages to cut and pay everything he can, good, we raise the ceiling for a month.

I did workouts for one of the country's biggest real estate investor but I never once had a general partner that ran things as badly as Obama and the Dems so I can't speak from direct experience. But the concept remains: You have to be insane to lend more money to these people under any of the plans put up so far.

You started out right Frank but it is the REPUBLICANS that are the joke of the century.
These clowns claim they are conservatives. The majority of them are "we love the babies, we love the babies" and "we hate the gays that marry, we hate the gays that marry" and you boys elect them by the bucket fulls and buy it hook, line and sinker.
They BS their way into office and never cut a damn thing ever. They spend as much as the Democrats as the last 50 years has proved.
Barry Goldwater is rolling in his grave. The GOP is a dysfunctional party.

Cbo scoring came back. It came up short 200 billion. It also uses gimmicks such as the winding down of the war. Wars sorry

So we can use the CBO reports ON ALL of the budgets proposed?
BTW, Boehner's budget relies MORE on the war winding down than Reid's plan.
And I can not stand Harry Reid.
WAKE UP DUMBASS AMERICANS.
These Republicans are as sorry a sack of shit as the Democrats.
As hard as you guys try you CAN NOT POLISH A TURD.

From my understanding of the rebuttal I heard from McConnell on the floor before it happened it is an obscure rule? or bypass? that has rarely been used.
But do you remember the OUTCRY from the left when the gop in the house used dirty tactics last time they had control? Or maybe it was the senate, I forget. But either way its inexcusable to play politics at this late hour. Harry simply wants the bill to rewrite and call his own to excuse his complete absence from this debate for the last 6 months.

Constitutional, actually. As the Founding Document authorizes both bodies to determine its own rules which they may change as seen fit:

Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behavior, and, with the Concurrence of two-thirds, expel a Member.

Article I, Section 5

Are you seriously trying to tell me that rule was intended for rules to be changed "on the fly"?

Im not buyin it

of course you dont buy it.
It does NOT say that they can change the rules. Try agin, only this time try to comprehend what you read. Reid=idiot!

Tom Price the Republican Congressman from my district lobbied heavily for 40 million in Federal funds to add on to the runway of our local rural county airport.
And the 100% county commission here also lobbied.
They collected the 40 million, did the work and paved a SHIT LOAD of acreage.
Where are the fucking jets?
Now why should a retired school teacher in South Dakota have to be taxed heavily and pay her taxes so that $$ can be spent in Cherokee county Ga. for a longer airport runway that nobody uses?
And you claim these Republicans are CONSERVATIVES?:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

As hard as you try you can not "wish" different people into this situation so we have to do the best we can with what we have until 2012. 20 or 30 freshmen cant not write or control policy.

As hard as you try you can not "wish" different people into this situation so we have to do the best we can with what we have until 2012. 20 or 30 freshmen cant not write or control policy.

Then we default on the debt and allow the interest rates and credit rating BE WHERE THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN ALREADY.
Artificial interest rates and doctored books to keep a AAA rating are what we have now.
We are bull shitting our kids and grand kids. They deserve better.
What we have now is a government attempting to polish a turd.
Where has any fiscal policy worked in the last 50 years? NO President or Congress has practiced fiscal responsibility in the last 50 years.
I don't wish a damn thing. I demand accountability. The books we currently keep are cooked and the damn Chinks fund 40% of our government.
Too many ignore those facts and our elected politicians be they whatever damn party prey on that.

From my understanding of the rebuttal I heard from McConnell on the floor before it happened it is an obscure rule? or bypass? that has rarely been used.
But do you remember the OUTCRY from the left when the gop in the house used dirty tactics last time they had control? Or maybe it was the senate, I forget. But either way its inexcusable to play politics at this late hour. Harry simply wants the bill to rewrite and call his own to excuse his complete absence from this debate for the last 6 months.
yup! there was a huge outcry when the senate/trent lott i believe, threatened to use the ''nuclear option'' to prevent the senate from filibustering Bush appointments! I think that was it??? that was what brought dems in to outrage, i believe?

yup! there was a huge outcry when the senate/trent lott i believe, threatened to use the ''nuclear option'' to prevent the senate from filibustering Bush appointments! I think that was it??? that was what brought dems in to outrage, i believe?

I think you are correct. I was going through a divorce and a rough time back then so my attention to political theatrics took a back seat for awhile.

Forum List

Back