Harry Potter And The Order Of The Phoneix DVD Release Date

Nevadamedic

Jul 13, 2007
Diagon Alley
The release date is on December 11th(My Birthday). For some reason they arn't really publishing the date yet but I can't wait. I think the next movie hits theaters next November.................

Only three days to go! I'm stoked as this is the best Harry Potter movie to date, and it comes out on DVD on my birthday along with the Bourne Ultimatum.

You need a map to help you find the point, RGS?

Release dates usually are driven by a number of factors. I suspect in the grand capitalist scheme of factors your holiday is not nearly as likely to attract sales like Christmas. BUT further to the point, if the deciding factor WAS christmas, it would have been released around Thanksgiving in time for Black Friday.

I would venture to bet that the release date had contractual dates to meet and appease and THAT more than Christmas had anything to do with the particular date.

Companies usually release things like games, gaming systems, CD's and DVD's so they can be given as holiday gifts. Two of the eight nights worth of gifts we got Z were DVD's (Shrek the Third and Ratatouille). I found it particularly strange that this one's released on the last day of Chanukah. Kind of annoying, actually.

That said, it won't keep me from buying it. It was a good film, we really enjoyed it in the theatre and my kid loves Harry Potter. So he'll get it eventually. But I found it a bit of a snub. Oversensitive? Perhaps.

Release dates usually are driven by a number of factors. I suspect in the grand capitalist scheme of factors your holiday is not nearly as likely to attract sales like Christmas. BUT further to the point, if the deciding factor WAS christmas, it would have been released around Thanksgiving in time for Black Friday.

I would venture to bet that the release date had contractual dates to meet and appease and THAT more than Christmas had anything to do with the particular date.

I disagree. I think Warner Brothers picked this release date as they knew that December 11th is my birthday and they really wanted me to have a happy birthday! :eusa_whistle:

I just got it. I made sure I was at Walmart at Midnight when it came out. It came with a free wand pen with the Order Of The Phoenix inscribed on it and a 3 Item Gift Set wchich included a Snitch, Harrys Broom and the Prophecy. Really awesome. I am watching it as we speak! Im glad it came out today as it's my birthday!

Thanks! Are you going to pick it up? If you do I suggest you goto Walmart and go as soon as you can and you can get one of those Order Of The Phoenix Wand Pens and the gift set.

Of course I'm going to get it. We don't have a Walmart here. But I think Best Buy might have the same gift sets. I'm going to look into it today. Any birthday plans aside from indulging in the movie?

Of course I'm going to get it. We don't have a Walmart here. But I think Best Buy might have the same gift sets. I'm going to look into it today. Any birthday plans aside from indulging in the movie?

Best Buy doesn't. You can order the gift set from Walmart online with the Broomstick, Snich and Prophacy.

Forum List

Back