Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

My wife has read books one thru six, book seven arrived today via an online order I placed a week ago. $17.95 and free shipping. We got 1-6 in a box set for my son. I've never read any of them. Seen all the movies though.

I can see the progression in the movies from light and fun (children's level) to dark and foreboding (teen and adult). So obviously it is age appropriate for those who grew up watching the movies or reading the books.

I did miss the details that normally appeared in the background of the other movies. And I missed the traditional Quidditch (sp?) scene. Overall, I liked GOF better than this one. But it was worth the ticket price.

I heard that this was to be the last movie? Anyone know if that is true?

My son's favorite is Goblet of Fire. There's no Quidditch at all in Book 7, unfortunately. But we've watched them go from eating Bertie Botts' Beans and chocolate frogs to fighting the forces of evil. While we were watching Order of the Phoenix last week, I leaned over to my son and said "it's so dark. there's almost no color in it"...and he said "that's because the dark times have returned". (The he said "shhhhhhhhhhhhh!"... lol).

There's a petition online to keep the series going and rumor is she might keep it going if enough are interested.

I'm not sure how she's going to keep it going. But it's an interesting thought. I always kind of hoped Harry would end up either being an auror with Ron and Hermoine or be Headmaster at Hogwarts.

I just saw this last night and it was awesome, the best one of the series. They followed the book better then any of the other movies to date. Yes they left a lot out but it wasn't critical parts like the last two. I thought they included more then they needed to, which I was happy about. Also the ending was awesome, the final fight between the Order of the Phoenix and the Death Eaters was amazing, in a way it reminded me of a Star Wars battle sequence in a lot of ways. They also protraied the darkness in this move perfect as was the conflict with in Harry. Daniel radcliff really earned his money, he really made you feel what he was feeling. I reccommend this movie to anyone even if you arn't a Harry Potter fan you wil like and appreciate it. It also has a good message.

They say the final battle is phenomenal in IMAX. It really was brilliantly done as was the way Sirius fell beyond the veil.

No they are gonna do all 7 movies. IMDB shows the 6th movie coming out Noverber 11 2008. I do miss the Quidduch as well. The books get a lot darker, it's not just the movies.

I hope that they are shooting them one right after another. You can see the obvious changes in the kids from the first one to now. Obviously if they are to represent the ages in the movies there is going to be an issue.

I hope that they are shooting them one right after another. You can see the obvious changes in the kids from the first one to now. Obviously if they are to represent the ages in the movies there is going to be an issue.

They're shooting the sixth one very soon. I reckon the actors can be up to about 20-22 and get away with playing 16-18 year olds....

Forum List

Back