Harry Potter and the Half-blood Prince

See I didn't really like 3 to much. It was really a go nowhere book and movie. It was just time passing for the next couple books. I really liked the 1st, 2nd and 5th and of course 7th eventhough they killed way to many people off in 7.

:lol: How could you like #5 then? Outside of Umbridge related stuff, nothing really happened. The only good things about Book #5 were Luna and Tonks. That's it.

#7 was a travesty, and I'm not sure how any fan of the series likes that cop-out of a book.

See I didn't really like 3 to much. It was really a go nowhere book and movie. It was just time passing for the next couple books. I really liked the 1st, 2nd and 5th and of course 7th eventhough they killed way to many people off in 7.

:lol: How could you like #5 then? Outside of Umbridge related stuff, nothing really happened. The only good things about Book #5 were Luna and Tonks. That's it.

#7 was a travesty, and I'm not sure how any fan of the series likes that cop-out of a book.

Not really, book 5 told a lot about the past and future and Tonks is hott :)

Everything that happened in Book 5 could be summed up in one or two paragraphs. Everything important in Book 5 could be summed up in two sentences. Honestly, the Prophecy and Sirius's death were just things to make the end of the book not be an entire cop-out.

Everything that happened in Book 5 could be summed up in one or two paragraphs. Everything important in Book 5 could be summed up in two sentences. Honestly, the Prophecy and Sirius's death were just things to make the end of the book not be an entire cop-out.

No, the return of the Dark Lord, the dialogue between Snape and Harry and the formation of the Order and its history are all major points in the series.

No, the return of the Dark Lord, the dialogue between Snape and Harry and the formation of the Order and its history are all major points in the series.

The Return of Voldemort happened in Book 4...

The dialogue between Snape and Harry was to set up the BS later on about how Snape basically wanted Harry's mother as his sex slave after giving up the Potter's location.

Meanwhile, the formation of the order and it's history could of been detailed at any point of time. The fact it took til Book 5 to tell Harry such important things about his Parents is astounding. Though I suppose it's no more astounding that he didn't learn about Death Eaters until Book 4.

JK at that point was making it too obvious. The Death Eaters are Nazis or the KKK, Voldemort is Hitler, Blood Purity is a nod to Racism, etc.

I liked the movie because I think I knew in advance it wouldn't be as good as the books.

I LMAO at the love potion scene, and the Romilda Vane scene.

I think the ruined the final scenes and didn't make enough of the subplots known, which'll be key in the final movies. I give it about a 7/10

The Return of Voldemort happened in Book 4...

The dialogue between Snape and Harry was to set up the BS later on about how Snape basically wanted Harry's mother as his sex slave after giving up the Potter's location.

Meanwhile, the formation of the order and it's history could of been detailed at any point of time. The fact it took til Book 5 to tell Harry such important things about his Parents is astounding. Though I suppose it's no more astounding that he didn't learn about Death Eaters until Book 4.

JK at that point was making it too obvious. The Death Eaters are Nazis or the KKK, Voldemort is Hitler, Blood Purity is a nod to Racism, etc.

Actually Voldemort is Obama and Wormtail is Biden :eusa_whistle:

Forum List

Back