Harry Hopkins....Soviet Spy

The Soviets are not as clever as they think they are.

They never really have been. Soviet (and Russian) methods tend to be rather straightforward and brutal. Not the elegance that most people think of.

Look at the Bulgarian Umbrella for example. Not really very sophisticated at all, just stab somebody with a poisoned umbrella.

Or poisoning Viktor Yushchenko with Dioxin.

ukranian_president.jpg

What a beautiful face he had! Putin is responsible for doing this to him. What a monster Putin is. Just incredible.

Much of the debate on WWII Soviet related intelligence is dependent on which Russian spys and spy masters one decides to believe. Defectors have less credibility IMO due to motivation (financial). I suggest reading interviews and information about Lt. Gen. Vitaly Pavlov, particularly his interviews with Svetlana Chervonnaya when researching accusations Americans being "Soviet spys" such as Hopkins.

Actually, no it is not.

Over the last quarter century, a lot of hard evidence has come out about Soviet espionage. And a lot of it from the KGB itself. And then through releases of previously classified material, like Venona.

Heck, a great deal of this information is available for download!

KGB DOCUMENTS ON-LINE - KGB documents online

Then we have Mitrokhin Archive, the Vassiliev Papers, and huge amounts of other data released over the years. Trying to claim that the "truth is being hidden" is simply ignoring fact and following conspiracy theories.

I for one follow facts. If Hopkins was a spy, I think there would be evidence by now. If the Soviets were really behind the US having to enter the war, there would be facts to support it. If the Apollo landings were faked by NASA and Hollywood, we would have facts to back this up.

Do I think Hopkins was a traitor, he may very well have been. But that does not mean he was a spy. And I have heard the Operation Snow theories before, nothing new there. From all reasonable evidence, it appears that there was such a project, but it ultimately made absolutely no difference at all.

Japan wanted the Philippines. The only way to stop or delay an American attempt to retake the islands before they could be secured was to attack the fleet and facilities at Pearl Harbor.

Period. In reality, the Japanese could not have cared less about Hawaii. They were after the Philippines.

I was not referring to Pavlov because of his involvment with Operation Snow. The interview I gave as a source was meant as a direct response to the accusations of Hopkins being a spy. The interviews that took place and are known as April 22, 23, 26 and May 7, 2002 by Svetlana Chervonnaya, Moscow are pretty precise.

"...Gordiievsky, the traitor, alleged that Akhmerov met with Hopkins...I am saying that is absurd!...Akhmerov could not have met with Hopkins and Hopkins never had anything to do with our intelligence."
Question: "Still, was Harry Hopkins an NKVD agent"
Answer: "By no means! I have already said - I have written in memiors..."
Lt. Gen. Vitaly Pavlov Interview with Svetlana Chervonnaya Apr 22,23,26 and May 7 2002 Moscow

Ofcourse it should be significant that Pavlov was one of the highest ranking NKVD officials of the era in question and went on the be a powerful authority in Soviet intelligence.

Last edited:
You didn't respond to the essential point of the post.

There must be a reason.

The point that you made an empty accusation with no evidence? That I then refuted with evidence?

Sorry, I do not drink the koolaid conspiracy nonsense. To me unless there is evidence and proof, it is just empty words.

But please, do you have verifiable evidence to verify your claims? If you do not, then they are just more conspiracy theory nonsense, and not really worth responding to.

In fact, the longer this thread goes on, the more it is looking less like an interest in history, and more like an airing of fantastic conspiracy theories.

What a beautiful face he had! Putin is responsible for doing this to him. What a monster Putin is. Just incredible.

He is also the President who was trying to sever ties with Russia, and join NATO.

He was replaced by Viktor Yushchenko, who just fled the country and is now wanted for mass killings of civilians.

But yea, that was roughly in the middle of Putin's first 2 terms as President.

You didn't respond to the essential point of the post.

There must be a reason.

The point that you made an empty accusation with no evidence? That I then refuted with evidence?

Sorry, I do not drink the koolaid conspiracy nonsense. To me unless there is evidence and proof, it is just empty words.

But please, do you have verifiable evidence to verify your claims? If you do not, then they are just more conspiracy theory nonsense, and not really worth responding to.

In fact, the longer this thread goes on, the more it is looking less like an interest in history, and more like an airing of fantastic conspiracy theories.

You did no such thing.

You ran away and hid under your desk.

Forum List

Back