"Republicans support education"

the only thing that comes up is:

"Republicans support education CUTS".

And there are well written articles with links and statistics with titles like:

House GOP Unveils Plan To Cut NPR, Job Training And Education

Republicans target health, education for cuts

Even overseas newspapers have articles like:

Republicans plan sharp cuts to education

Then you go state by state and look at all the cuts to education.

------------------------------------------------

Nothing stays the same. Everything is in "flux". It's either going up or down, right or left, forward or backward.

If Republicans don't support education Harry, what is left?

vouchers, charter schools, etc etc ....

well, that was quick, see ya dean.....

Wow, you learned three new words. Know what they mean? Do you have facts and statistics backing up your claim? Oops, I'm guessing there was "claim" there somewhere. Was there?

You almost gotta laugh. After half a century of union based education America lags behind almost every country in what used to be called the "free world" in every subject except self esteem. Kids know more about Whitney Houston than Eli Whitney or Sam Houston. Left wing democrat union teachers called in sick to riot in Wisconsin and the radical left thinks Republicans want to cut education. How bad can it get if we start over?

You almost gotta laugh. After half a century of union based education America lags behind almost every country in what used to be called the "free world" in every subject except self esteem. Kids know more about Whitney Houston than Eli Whitney or Sam Houston. Left wing democrat union teachers called in sick to riot in Wisconsin and the radical left thinks Republicans want to cut education. How bad can it get if we start over?

That's what happens when Republicans get involved in education. What "plans" do they have? What "improvements" will they make? Oh, that's right. They don't bother with that stuff. They have "gut feelings" and "Gawd".

That's what happens when Republicans get involved in education. What "plans" do they have? What "improvements" will they make? Oh, that's right. They don't bother with that stuff. They have "gut feelings" and "Gawd".

So far the last half century of the sorry state of the education system in the US has been a democrat party operation. How bad can it get?

vouchers, charter schools, etc etc ....

well, that was quick, see ya dean.....

Wow, you learned three new words. Know what they mean? Do you have facts and statistics backing up your claim? Oops, I'm guessing there was "claim" there somewhere. Was there?

its been posted in discussions, many many many times we have a search feature learn that term and use it.

You know that when I do a search on:

Nothing stays the same. Everything is in "flux". It's either going up or down, right or left, forward or backward.

You know what? I support your right to post on the US Message board. However, i don't see the need to pay for you to do so. I support the right of any person to attend college and to study whatever they may want to study.

I don't support their right to borrow more money than they will ever repay in order to master the intricacies of mating beetles in outer northwestern Mongolia. If they have a passion for this, though, they will find a way to pay for it and might even take a job to do so.

When did paying for something and supporting something become synonymous?

If you demand that i pay for something in order to show that i support it, what does it say of the support of those that are supported but do not pay?

If not paying for something means that the non-payer is opposed to it, then the OWS crowd pretty much opposes everything including themselves, no?

Your logic collapses under its own undonated cost.

Last edited:

You know what? I support your right to post on the US Message board. However, i don't see the need to pay for you to do so. I support the right of any person to attend college and to study whatever they may want to study.

I don't support their right to borrow more money than they will ever repay in order to master the intricacies of mating beetles in outer northwestern Mongolia. If they have a passion for this, though, they will find a way to pay for it and might even take a job to do so.

If you demand that i pay for something in order to show that i support it, what does it say of the support of those that are supported but do not pay?

If not paying for something means that the non-payer is opposed to it, then the OWS crowd pretty much opposes everything including themselves, no?

I don't want to pay for roads that you use or a military that protects your family. So we're even. I'm guessing you never went to school.

How freaking bad can it get when alleged educated left wing radicals blame republicans for the sorry education system that they continue to modify until every kid graduates from high school not knowing that he is stupid.

I don't want to pay for roads that you use or a military that protects your family. So we're even. I'm guessing you never went to school.

As usual, you're wrong. Went to school. Paid for it myself. It took six years for a four year while I was working full time.

Deflecting and changing the subject is the only argument that a good Liberal has.

Please, do tell:

Why is support only shown by paying for something that could be and should be paid for by the person deriving the benefit?

How freaking bad can it get when alleged educated left wing radicals blame republicans for the sorry education system that they continue to modify until every kid graduates from high school not knowing that he is stupid.

One of the major problems with the education system is that they use such big words on the diplomas. About 40% of the kids graduating from inner school high schools can't read them.

Championing real competition in education is the greatest support it can get.

Please show us how ANYBODY in government supports "education". Since the creation of the "Ministry of Education" as I like to call it, test scores have plummeted. Children today are incompetant. They can't do simple math, they can't write, they can't read, they don't know where on the planet they live, they know nothing of history and i can go on. NO ONE
in government gives a shit about actually educating the children.

So these are Republicans are saying, "I don't know, just end it". That's the message that seems to be circulating.

Harry, I'm waiting for examples how Republicans support education.

Please, help me understand how they are improving education. Be detailed. Give links.

Obama is a Republican, who knew.

http://blog.heritage.org/2012/02/13...ding-for-d-c-opportunity-scholarship-program/

Wait, I did. I have been saying he is just like Bush since 2009.

So these are Republicans are saying, "I don't know, just end it". That's the message that seems to be circulating.

Harry, I'm waiting for examples how Republicans support education.

Please, help me understand how they are improving education. Be detailed. Give links.

Why ask questions if you're not going to read the responses?

Forum List

Back