Harry did what??? and the Jews are Pissed!!!

Working Man

Aug 22, 2004
Not to change the subject of whatever the pissing war is about on this thread, but....

This issue of the costume that Harry wore to the party the other night is total nonsense.. Was he being insensitive, ignorant,,, etc,,, etc,,,???

The Nazi's sent a lot of missles over to England and killed a lot of people.. The concentration camps were the last stop for a lot of other people too.. I don't think I would wear the outfit to a party, but then I am not Harry, and he isn't me.. He is himself. He is a young man who has had a shitty deck thrown at him from the public, the media, and fait.. He lives his life under the scrutiny of the world. If any one of us smokes a joint, or dresses up in a bazare garment, I doubt it would even make the local fishwrapper's backpage. But Harry, the son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, doesn't even have the freedom that some of poor folks enjoy..

The Jewish sector has been clamoring for his beheading (figurative ), but the truth is, he has made a mistake in his choice of costume. I am sure he is aware of this blonder very well at this point. And, if he, or any other young person is going to do something dumb like that, he is doing it at the appropriate time in life. The period in which kids are suppose to get away with some off color antics, and then get reamed out for doing it..

Seems to me, when the Producers came out, with Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel, the Nazis were kind of humorized.. The movie did well, and was played over and over on TV unil its rejuvenation into a hit broadway play...
Did Mel Brooks or the cast members sent to the concentration camps for sensitivity training???

How about in the Blues Brothers? The Nazi party was after Jake and Elwood.
The point I am trying to make is that the Nazis are part of the world's past, but also still a part of the present.. They ain't Irishmen writing the characters into the plays and movies, so don't blame a kid for wearing a costume that is shown on TV with such regularity.

Working Man said:
Not to change the subject of whatever the pissing war is about on this thread, but....

This issue of the costume that Harry wore to the party the other night is total nonsense.. Was he being insensitive, ignorant,,, etc,,, etc,,,???

The Nazi's sent a lot of missles over to England and killed a lot of people.. The concentration camps were the last stop for a lot of other people too.. I don't think I would wear the outfit to a party, but then I am not Harry, and he isn't me.. He is himself. He is a young man who has had a shitty deck thrown at him from the public, the media, and fait.. He lives his life under the scrutiny of the world. If any one of us smokes a joint, or dresses up in a bazare garment, I doubt it would even make the local fishwrapper's backpage. But Harry, the son of Prince Charles and Princess Diana, doesn't even have the freedom that some of poor folks enjoy..

The Jewish sector has been clamoring for his beheading (figurative ), but the truth is, he has made a mistake in his choice of costume. I am sure he is aware of this blonder very well at this point. And, if he, or any other young person is going to do something dumb like that, he is doing it at the appropriate time in life. The period in which kids are suppose to get away with some off color antics, and then get reamed out for doing it..

Seems to me, when the Producers came out, with Gene Wilder and Zero Mostel, the Nazis were kind of humorized.. The movie did well, and was played over and over on TV unil its rejuvenation into a hit broadway play...
Did Mel Brooks or the cast members sent to the concentration camps for sensitivity training???

How about in the Blues Brothers? The Nazi party was after Jake and Elwood.
The point I am trying to make is that the Nazis are part of the world's past, but also still a part of the present.. They ain't Irishmen writing the characters into the plays and movies, so don't blame a kid for wearing a costume that is shown on TV with such regularity.
Are you serious? Harry is not a kid and he is 3rd in line to be King of England. There is zero excuse for him wearing a Nazi uniform. His choice of costume shows an amazing lack to sensitivity to the living relatives of the millions of men, women, and children murdered by the Nazis 60 years ago. Just because "The Producers" satirizes Nazis does not make it reasonable for Harry to get his picture snapped wearing a Wehrmacht uniform. The Blues Brothers? Here's what Jake Blues said to Elwood: "I hate Illinois Nazis."

-

onedomino said:
Are you serious? Harry is not a kid and he is 3rd in line to be King of England. There is zero excuse for him wearing a Nazi uniform. His choice of costume shows an amazing lack to sensitivity to the living relatives of the millions of men, women, and children murdered by the Nazis 60 years ago. Just because "The Producers" satirizes Nazis does not make it reasonable for Harry to get his picture snapped wearing a Wehrmacht uniform. The Blues Brothers? Here's what Jake Blues said to Elwood: "I hate Illinois Nazis."

-

he should have know better ... but come on he appologized... he is a kid ....how smart were you at 18...also third in line means snow balls chance in hell...i mean charles has been standing arond for twenty years going when is that olde bag going to drop

manu1959 said:
he should have know better ... but come on he appologized... he is a kid ....how smart were you at 18...also third in line means snow balls chance in hell...i mean charles has been standing arond for twenty years going when is that olde bag going to drop
A lot smarter than Harry. Anyway, he is 20. Hey, Manu, he had a SWASTIKA on his arm.
Germany was plainly not amused yesterday by Prince Harry's decision to attend a fancy-dress party clad in the uniform of a Second World War Nazi Afrika Corps soldier with a swastika armband. The country's tabloid newspapers all carried front-page photographs of the Prince in what was described as his "El Alamein look", and heaped scorn on him and the British people for being ignorant of the Holocaust and treating the Third Reich as a joke. http://news.independent.co.uk/europe/story.jsp?story=601086

-

onedomino said:
A lot smarter than Harry. Anyway, he is 20. Hey, Manu, he had a SWASTIKA on his arm.

-

he will never be king....he is an idiot...what do you want from him...it isn't like he killed a jew...he did a stupid thing...ffs

the poor kid needs to get off on his own and have some fun---how horrible to be a kid and having the whole world looking up your ass.

And so many think it would be SOoooooo great to be born into Royalty.
Sorry, but when I fart I don't want it published or broadcast to the world.
Let England handle it, it doesn't affect my life one bit. :)

Mr. P said:
And so many think it would be SOoooooo great to be born into Royalty.
Sorry, but when I fart I don't want it published or broadcast to the world.
Let England handle it, it doesn't affect my life one bit. :)

Besides--it takes the heat off of the US for a couple of minutes. Thank you tabloids!

I feel bad for Charles and Harry,the media hounding them all the time. At the same time,I think he was wrong to wear this costume and terribly insensitive. That was a horrible time and I don't think making light of it was a good idea on the Prince's part. Millions of lives lost because of one man,and a man that shouldn't be remembered in a silly costume.

Yes, he's 20...he's a punk kid acting like a punk kid. But he is also a member of the Royal Family...raised with the knowledge that his actions are going to be discussed and debated by the world society.

It doesn't take a genius to know that dressing up like a Nazi wasn't going to be funny.

The examples given above of how Nazi-ism appears in our society
(The Producers, The Blues Brothers) are completely different from Harry's use of it. They are MOCKING Nazi's. Harry dressed up like a Nazi, in essence sending the message, "Hey, I think it is cool to be a Nazi, or at least pretend to be one"...there is a big difference, hence the hubbub.

The other part of the hubbub is the fact that Harry hasn't apologized publically. He hasn't come out and said, "Wow, I'm a 20 year old idiot who thought it would be funny...I was dead wrong and I'm sorry. I meant no offense to the Jewish people, or anyone else who personally sufferred or who had family suffer at the hands of the Nazi party."

All he would have to do was that and I think a lot of the noise would die down. A press release written by some secretary in Buckingham Palace has the distinct ring of, "We're Royals, we do what we want, piss off."

The Royals are in a perilous risk of losing any relevancy (socially, because politically its already gone) and crap like this makes the Brits (who are the ones who really care) think, "Why do we care about these weird people?!?"

I have never understood the Royal-Mania in Great Britain or in the US. But I do understand why people are upset like this. I would, if I could, caution the Royal Family to consider letting Harry apologize publically...think about how much damage John Kerry could have avoided if he had come out at the start of the Swift Boat Vet Controversy and said:

"When I came back from Vietnam I did things and said things that, at the time, I believed in very much. I felt, and still feel, that the Vietnam War was wrong, and I know that many people agree with me. I would have done everything in my power to bring my fellow soldiers home from that wrong war as quickly as possible. However, I know now that my actions hurt people, that my words were twisted by the enemy and used against the very men I was trying to help. This has caused me such pain...knowing that my actions, meant to help, had been used to hurt...it was never my intention, and I apologize for that sincerely."

Kerry would have demonstrated that he cared and was sorry for hurting the soldiers, but not that he thought fighting to end the war was wrong in one swoop. The Swift Boat Vets would have been largely marginalized, and he could have moved forward... (personally, I'm glad he didn't...but look how damaging his Vietnam record was to his campaign)

Harry should start acting like a man, he is a public figure who hurt people in a blatant stupid way...he should apologize himself, not in memo.

Here is the biggest problem I have with it.

We all know that guys like him have handlers. Do you really think he went to the costume store and bought that himself? I doubt it. He probably had his butler get it for him.

My point it, somebody had to have told him that it would cause trouble and therefore, he really just doesn't give a shit because he thinks he is above it all. Either that, or it was approved of. Either way, it was wrong and I have no sympathy for him and any shit he gets from this.

As was pointed out by somebody here on local talk radio, the left has tried to paint anybody they don't agree with as "hitler" and that really waters down how bad of a guy he was. That has led to many of our youth, worldwide, not really understanding just how sick of an individual Hitler really was.

similar to the Che Guevara craze we see among youth (and unintelligent adults) today...

Gem said:
similar to the Che Guevara craze we see among youth (and unintelligent adults) today...

Speaking of Che, a leader in the fight for Communism, the rich irony is lost upon these Democracy supporters in Hong Kong.

15820872.jpg

Damn they're dumb! :bangheads

Said1 said:
\

That too! But, I was talking about her clothes. :D

lol, oh. heck just her clothes? what about that hairdoo? lol

Straight outta the 80's.

you see a guy like Mad Dog walking toward you and the last thing you will expect is for him to ask if he can say a prayer for you! He looks like somebody you would want (need) to run away from. I guess he needs to keep that look up so he can "connect" better and therefore, be able to get his message across.

Now that's a business shattered would have a hard time with. Not only do they talk about religion, they prostheletize to those they catch. Talking about a "captured" audiance! lol

freeandfun1 said:
lol, oh. heck just her clothes? what about that hairdoo? lol

She probably watches the show and says "damn I'm hot!" or "do you think my boobs bounced enough?" :D

you see a guy like Mad Dog walking toward you and the last thing you will expect is for him to ask if he can say a prayer for you! He looks like somebody you would want (need) to run away from. I guess he needs to keep that look up so he can "connect" better and therefore, be able to get his message across.

Now that's a business shattered would have a hard time with. Not only do they talk about religion, they prostheletize to those they catch. Talking about a "captured" audiance! lol

I don't know what your smoking, and I don't care. I want some. Now. :D

**Edit*** Forgot to add LOL at the end. :D

Forum List

Back