Harrah’s Bosses Put Squeeze on Employees to Vote in Pro-Reid Effort

Just like McDonald's in Ohio was looking out for it's best interest when they provided voting advice inserts with every paycheck?

Yes, just like that.

Except I don't see how voting R is in McDonald's best interest. But they're free to suggest whatever they like to their employees.

Just checking.

Generally I agree that these things are pretty much non-issues, unless bosses threaten termination. But then we're back to, how would they know? Not to mention the fact that anyone who would allow themselves to be influenced to vote contrary to their conscience by tactics such as these should probably skip the process...

I concur completely....

Particularly with the bolded part...

Since no one has been able to come up with these emails, I would suggest that it is quite possible that Harrah's feels that all of their employees should have the opportunity to vote, and let their employees know this, and they would provide buses to polling stations. Many companies do let employees know that they want them to get out and vote and let them know they will be allowed time off in order to do so.

Since no one has been able to come up with these emails, I would suggest that it is quite possible that Harrah's feels that all of their employees should have the opportunity to vote, and let their employees know this, and they would provide buses to polling stations. Many companies do let employees know that they want them to get out and vote and let them know they will be allowed time off in order to do so.

:eusa_eh:

The PDF of the actual email chain in the link wasn't good enough?

:eusa_eh:

There are people who may be on the fence. Don't they call them "undecideds"?

I voted for a D today. I was skeptical of the R candidate and actually asked a few friends who they were choosing. It happens. A letter like Harrahs could make a significant difference in a close race like NV.

Here, let me save you the trouble of actually reading the article and checing it's provided sources...

This is a direct link to a PDF of the e-mails in question:

Harrah's voting e-mails

No need to thank me.

Forum List

Back