Harper's Ferry, WV

Si modo

Diamond Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fairfax, Virginia
This is the view I had this morning. It's the Shenandoah and in the distant background, it meets the Potomac. The church steeple is in Harper's Ferry. I'm visiting here this weekend.

HarpersFerry-20110717-00008-1.jpg

Eat at the restaurant up on the bluff. Or is that from where the pic is taken?
Been a while since I was there. That bridge is new... Is it the railroad bridge?
You can sit on Jeffersons thinking rock as well.

Last edited:
Eat at the restaurant up on the bluff. Or is that from where the pic is taken?
Been a while since I was there.
You can sit on Jeffersons thinking rock as well.

I think Jefferson's Rock is right near that church steeple? Not sure.

I'm upstream from where the Shenandoah meets the Potomac. The bridge is Rte. 340, and the direction it goes to the left is NW (then it goes W ater the bridge). The direction the camera is pointing is ENE (mostly E). Lots of bluffs here, but, yes, I am on a bluff.

So pretty here. The air is clean, almost sweet smelling, and the night skies are lovely with little ambient light to drown out the stars.

I'm still a city person, but this is nice to visit.

Last edited:
Clean air...who knew?

Is it giving you a headache? :lol:

I love city life.... but I'm happier living out in a rural area. I like the darkness of the night in rural areas. I like sitting outside and not hearing traffic and shit. Cities always seem so damned noisy. Can't you city people ever be quiet? :lol:

Clean air...who knew?

Is it giving you a headache? :lol:

I love city life.... but I'm happier living out in a rural area. I like the darkness of the night in rural areas. I like sitting outside and not hearing traffic and shit. Cities always seem so damned noisy. Can't you city people ever be quiet? :lol:
:lmao:

I need that noise to sleep. It drowns out those rude birds in the morning who want to wake me up, just like the little bastards did this morning.

Last edited:
I used to live in Frederick, MD and would often go to Harper Ferry, WV. It was a pretty neat place. Used to get something cool to drink and sit back and watch all the tourists.

It is a pretty neat place.

BTW, Frederick's renovation of their town's center is amazing, so Frederick is pretty cool, now.

Traffic around Detrick still sucks, though.

Last edited:
I visited there last year. Beautiful, well restored city

Climb the bluff overlooking the city. Harpers Ferry looks like a miniature model railroad town

Harper's Ferry, that is where Colonel Robert E. Lee retook the Federal Armory from Abolitionists before the Civil War started. He was still in the US Army.

Harper's Ferry, that is where Colonel Robert E. Lee retook the Federal Armory from Abolitionists before the Civil War started. He was still in the US Army.

John Brown...

Stonewall Jackson also took the city right before the battle of Antietam

Forum List

Back