Harlem Globetrotters

ginscpy

Sep 10, 2010
send a mixed message.

All black (racist??)

Are clowns - but play serious games.

Beat the Minn Lakers in a couple of exhibition games around 1950 - but LOST to Seattle University of the O'Brien twins. in the early 50s.

As recently as a few years ago - I saw them on ESPN playing a serious game against somebody. (and won easily) (not the Washington Generals)

WHO ARE THESE GUYS????

send a mixed message.

All black (racist??)
Many basketball teams are all black. The Globetrotters are not one of those teams and have not been for many years. The Globetrotters aren't even "all male". I don't know if there's a Chinese Globetrotter, but if there isn't expect one soon. I wouldn't be surprised if they put pink high tops on some guy and called him the Gay Globetrotter before you know it.

Maybe they'll have a Globetrotter wearing a yamulke playing 2 man and another wearing a turban playing his 5 man.

The GlobeTrotters are all about inclusivity.

SU and the O'brien twins ( who lost to Kentucky in the finals that year ) beat the Trotters in a serious game.

Glad to see Seattle Unive has resurrected theirbasketball program to Di c1 - althought they are no lo longer the Cheifttains but the RedHawks (*PC you know)

Forum List

Back