Harlem choir bails on Beck

The show will be such a big hit, whoever replaces them will get a multimillion dollar record contract and the Harlem kids will demand reparations.

wonder why they signed up in the first place? Were they too stupid to know who Glen Becks was? :cuckoo:

They're Obama supporters.

that_obama_sticker_on_your_car_bumper_sticker-p128138767282069859tmn6_400.jpg

Ah so this was what Glenn was talking about when he started his show today.

I think its very unwise to reneg on a deal with a man who has a soapbox and is unafraid to tell the truth.

Oh, and Glenn Beck has never been a race baiter. So I guess they screwed themselves over on a lie. But then I guess redemption means absolutely nothing to them.

Ah so this was what Glenn was talking about when he started his show today.

I think its very unwise to reneg on a deal with a man who has a soapbox and is unafraid to tell the truth.

Oh, and Glenn Beck has never been a race baiter. So I guess they screwed themselves over on a lie. But then I guess redemption means absolutely nothing to them.

Sure, MONEY is always more important than principles, and everyone should be a money whore!

The show will be such a big hit, whoever replaces them will get a multimillion dollar record contract and the Harlem kids will demand reparations.

wonder why they signed up in the first place? Were they too stupid to know who Glen Becks was? :cuckoo:

They're Obama supporters.

that_obama_sticker_on_your_car_bumper_sticker-p128138767282069859tmn6_400.jpg

IMO ........The Harlem Choir is obviously racist.

They should be boycotted! LOL

It is clear they signed on, only to back out later is a designed smear deal against Beck.

My life will never be the same!

Mike

James Rucker, executive director of Color for Change - which has helped persuade more than 80 advertisers to ditch Beck's show - said the group did an about-face after he called the choir.

Lookee here! Color of Change! That wouldn't be "Van Jones': Color of Change" now would it? Pursuing a personal vendetta perchance???? Noooooo... couldn't be! They're just making sure the Harlem Gospel Choir doesn't support non-liberals. Gots ta keep em on dat plantation, y'all.

More fun clips showing their diverrrrrrsity and tolllllllllllllllllllllerance.

"We wanted to make sure they understood who Beck was," Rucker said. "We believe their mission is about spreading the Gospel and and promoting harmony, and we thought Beck was the antithesis of that."

"And we thought..." Gotta love that from a nice and impartial group like Colors of Change. Nice and moderate and mainstream. Like saying Krystallnacht was just a small case of vandalism.

Before we contacted the Harlem Gospel Choir about Beck, they didn't know much about him. After learning more about Beck and his history of race-baiting, the choir quickly came to the right decision and cancelled their appearance with him.

Ooh wow! Gotta love THIS one! Wonder if they talked to Beck after this got dropped on them?

The choir told the Daily News that their reasons for canceling with Beck were financial, and it's understandable that they would want to avoid getting involved in what could be seen as a political fight -- the choir is about faith and music, not politics.

And WHO pray tell would threaten a gospel Choir for singing in a Glenn Beck production about Christmas? Things that make ya go... Hmmmmmmmmm.....

His desire to work with the Harlem Gospel Choir serves that goal, and it would have helped him position himself as embracing Black people while his rhetoric works against the interests of not only Black folks but most Americans.

Yes indeed! Beck hates black people. :rolleyes:

These people disgust me. What ever happened to being judged by the content of your character, not the color of your skin? Dead as the dearly departed Doctor King? It's inconceivable that people still act this way and manipulate the uninformed into their arenas of hate.

Mods, if this is over the line, lemme know. I'll edit it.

Last edited:
James Rucker, executive director of Color for Change - which has helped persuade more than 80 advertisers to ditch Beck's show - said the group did an about-face after he called the choir.

Lookee here! Color of Change! That wouldn't be "Van Jones': Color of Change" now would it? Pursuing a personal vendetta perchance???? Noooooo... couldn't be! They're just making sure the Harlem Gospel Choir doesn't support non-liberals. Gots ta keep em on dat plantation, y'all.

More fun clips showing their diverrrrrrsity and tolllllllllllllllllllllerance.

"We wanted to make sure they understood who Beck was," Rucker said. "We believe their mission is about spreading the Gospel and and promoting harmony, and we thought Beck was the antithesis of that."

"And we thought..." Gotta love that from a nice and impartial group like Colors of Change. Nice and moderate and mainstream. Like saying Krystallnacht was just a small case of vandalism.

Ooh wow! Gotta love THIS one! Wonder if they talked to Beck after this got dropped on them?

The choir told the Daily News that their reasons for canceling with Beck were financial, and it's understandable that they would want to avoid getting involved in what could be seen as a political fight -- the choir is about faith and music, not politics.

And WHO pray tell would threaten a gospel Choir for singing in a Glenn Beck production about Christmas? Things that make ya go... Hmmmmmmmmm.....

His desire to work with the Harlem Gospel Choir serves that goal, and it would have helped him position himself as embracing Black people while his rhetoric works against the interests of not only Black folks but most Americans.

Yes indeed! Beck hates black people. :rolleyes:

These people disgust me. What ever happened to being judged by the content of your character, not the color of your skin? Dead as the dearly departed Doctor King? It's inconceivable that people still act this way and manipulate the uninformed into their arenas of hate.

Mods, if this is over the line, lemme know. I'll edit it.

They did judge by the content of Beck's character!

I could really careless who goes on what show or who backs out.

I listen to a lot of talk radio and I listen to talk show hosts from both sides. I find it to be good entertainment. I also listen to history on the radio, sports chat and yes music.

However, in terms of Beck, I really don't see racism as a fault of his. I'm not a huge fan of his TV show, frankly he is too silly for me, trying to be so damn dramatic to make his points.

So anyone wishing to portray him as a racist really needs to look at their own motivations.

People seem to take this form of media entertainment entirely too seriously and it gets totally ridiculous when the president does it.

Mike

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back