Hard times generation: Homeless kids U.S. at 25% now

all we can really do is be thankful that these children have parents. You know, parents? Those are the big people that feed, clothe and educate their offspring.
:clap2: YAY FOR PARENTS :clap2:

This is sad, but we are allowing a third world county to invade us.

Do you really believe that America becoming a majority Hispanic country would not change a thing?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h8KS2XFUMYY&feature=fvwrel]YouTube - ‪From Bad to Worse? US Face of Poverty‬‏[/ame]

The long term effect of this will come back to bite us on the ass down the line.

Older people will put up with shit and learn to deal with it in a way that teens won't.

When teens have nothing to lose, they will not go gently into the night, folks.

We are brewing this nations cup of hemlock with one stupid economic policy after the other.

"We" are not brewing this cup of hemlock editec. Selfish, deadbeat dads are brewing it. The shelters are filled with "women and children". Where are the fucking men?

"We" are not brewing this cup of hemlock editec. Selfish, deadbeat dads are brewing it. The shelters are filled with "women and children". Where are the fucking men?

Society is basically giving them a pass, leaving all levels of government to deal with the results. While removing the stigma of being a bastard has made it easier for the child, it has removed the stigma from the father as well, which has allowed men to basically ignore thier responsibilites. What used to be considered shameful, fathering a child and abandoning him/her is now just ignored.

This goes back to the trend of the general loss of desire to shame people into doing what is right.

You mean giving the wealthy more money, outsourcing American jobs, getting rid of regulation, allowing corporations to move their headquarters overseas to avoid taxes, and electing these caring Americans to Congress isn't working. Well I'll be darned. The inner city with no work has moved to the burbs, well I'll be darned.

Last edited:

In the first place, there is no shortage of men in homeless shelters

In the second place, men without jobs to sup[port their families are men who are not deadbeats.

Now to the extent that some men who could support their families, but who abandon their families, I am sympathetic to your ire.

But I suspect that the term deadbeat dad is a tad overused.

I know that States that punish men for being deadbeats, often have no choice given that they do not make enough money to support their families as they have been ordered to.

The state still calls them deadbeats, but if they have no money, they're not really deadbeats, they're simply POOR.

You mean giving the wealthy more money, outsourcing American jobs, getting rid of regulation, allowing corporations to move their headquarters overseas to avoid taxes, and electing these caring Americans to Congress isn't working. Well I'll be darned. The inner city with no work has moved to the burbs, well I'll be darned.

Ah, the good old "give more money to the government and everything will get better" line. How preditctable.

In the first place, there is no shortage of men in homeless shelters

In the second place, men without jobs to sup[port their families are men who are not deadbeats.

Now to the extent that some men who could support their families, but who abandon their families, I am sympathetic to your ire.

But I suspect that the term deadbeat dad is a tad overused.

I know that States that punish men for being deadbeats, often have no choice given that they do not make enough money to support their families as they have been ordered to.

The state still calls them deadbeats, but if they have no money, they're not really deadbeats, they're simply POOR.
When I said shelters are filled with women and kids, I really didn't mean there were no men there. The article I read about a shelter in LA said it was about half women and kids and half men.

Giving more money?? Nice try buttwipe... Keeping more of what you earn (all the while ~48% pay ZERO in federal income taxes) is not 'giving money'...

Keep having stupid high tax rates for the sake of entitlements and handouts, and you will see MORE businesses finding that it is cheaper to work overseas...

It's your government that is the problem.. not 'evil corporations' or 'the evil rich'

It's like Hoover and FDR all over again... The people that helped cause these problems will blame everything and everyone but their policies. How can a policy meant to help be criticized as bad even when the problem (as predicted) only gets worse? I mean they tried to help didn't they?

Get ready for a long fuckin recession or a depression folks, the "I care" President mentality is back.

In 2003, children under the age of 18 accounted for 39% of the homeless population; 42% of these children were under the age of five (National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty, 2004). It is estimated that in 2009, almost half the homeless were children.

National Coalition for the Homeless

disaster capitalism at its finest

Mixed with giant ass Government, yes... Capitalism that would be Capitalism if only it were fair IE, free markers VS Obama/Bush Dems and Reps picking who gets free money for a shit bizness plan.

Keep supporting it TM, we all know you want the country to fail and millions to starve so Obama can become King or some such shit.

Yes, now it's Reagan's fault.

In 2003, children under the age of 18 accounted for 39% of the homeless population; 42% of these children were under the age of five (National Law Center on Homelessness and Poverty, 2004). It is estimated that in 2009, almost half the homeless were children.

National Coalition for the Homeless

And to some, the partisan hacks, it's all Reps and Bush's fault... And to some it's all Obama and Dems fault... And to reality, that's why it will get worse.

We conclude that Obama is successfully duplicating Lib Hero FDR Depression performance.

Forum List

Back