Harbor freight tools...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
I got a 9 inch band saw this week...works great. Have an 8 inch drill press...couldn't be more pleased with it. What experiences have you had with Harbor Freight tools?

It's a good place to get cheap tools, if it's something you don't need to use very many times or very often.

If you need something that will stand up heavy use, and last a long time, shop elsewhere.

I got a 9 inch band saw this week...works great. Have an 8 inch drill press...couldn't be more pleased with it. What experiences have you had with Harbor Freight tools?
/—-/ Great for the DIY household but won’t hold up for heavy duty work. I bought the cordless drill and it lasted a year, tossed it and bought a Mikita corded drill from Home Depot. 5 years and going strong. You get what you pay for.

For light work around the house they are pretty good.
Have a bunch of tools from there...........use them once and a while. lol

Just sanded some of my deck with the 10 amp orbital sander ..........did pretty good......

Bought a 2 amp palm orbital sander from Walmart...........it was crap.........no power at all.........don't touch those little things. lol

I don't by power tools there, the never last. A hammer or a shovel or some shit is about it.

I got an impact a long while back............the electric one..........I hardly ever use it...........on an old trailer and some tires.......

But it does real well for the price..........still works when I need it......does the job.

To be honest I only buy disposable tools there.

I got a Harbor-Freight 1/2" ratchet, and s-k/craftsman/snap-on everything else.

It's their more expensive ratchet.

I already had all the sockets, I hit up Pawn Shops for sockets for years.

Haven't tried anything serious with the ratchet and cheater bar yet.

I got a Harbor-Freight 1/2" ratchet, and s-k/craftsman/snap-on everything else.

It's their more expensive ratchet.

I already had all the sockets, I hit up Pawn Shops for sockets for years.
I restock my wrenches, sockets, and screwdrivers from pawn shops as well............

Sticky fingers at work.........or working late in the day and everyone starts slinging tools into everyone's bags and days later .........where are my wrenches....lol

Not so good for pro work, ok for home. I've got tools I have had 35 years, snap-on, etc, that are in good shape still. I once needed an odd socket I didn't have and a friend loaned me a china one. One pull of the impact trigger shattered it. Other experiences like that. So I say they are ok for light to medium home stuff but won't hold up to daily pounding.

I have shopped HF many years, and I have no complaints.

I do not find that surprising.

For someone who wants to make an empty show of having lots of fancy tools, but is not man enough to actually do any real work with them, I expect that Harbor Freight would be an excellent source of tools.

Now, if you want tools that will hold up to being used to do real work, then that's another story.

Oh, bless your heart, Boob Blaylock, please do not put on an empty shoow. For what I do at home, HF is sufficient. For real work, I hire real pros, who know how to do real work.

We got a chop saw because it was portable for what we were doing, and a tile saw from there and they lasted quite a few years, occasional use each year.

El crapo..
seven-inch grinder burned out on first job, worm gear saw sounded like bearings on shaft misaligned..

Forum List

Back