Harbaugh/Swartz "Handshakegate"

FuelRod

Gold Member
Mar 16, 2011
308880_286301818065390_100000567223591_1132056_903574083_n.jpg

Last edited:
The question is, how would Harbaugh react if the same was done to him? I'd guess he wouldn't like it, but it's just a guess.

He gave him the typical smack on the back that men involved in sporting events do. Players and coaches on the sidelines push, shove, chest bump, ass smack, and do a host of other physically aggressive gestures towards each other out of excitement during sporting events.

This situation was no different. The guy gave him a little "good game" type smack on the back with a little added shove.

It was men being men, and nothing more.

The question is, how would Harbaugh react if the same was done to him? I'd guess he wouldn't like it, but it's just a guess.

He gave him the typical smack on the back that men involved in sporting events do. Players and coaches on the sidelines push, shove, chest bump, ass smack, and do a host of other physically aggressive gestures towards each other out of excitement during sporting events.

This situation was no different. The guy gave him a little "good game" type smack on the back with a little added shove.

It was men being men, and nothing more.

I disagree, generally the post-game handshake between NFL coaches is fairly reserved.

I get that he was pumped up, but I agree with the last poster. There seems to be an unwritten rule regarding post-game handshakes between coaches.

From hat I understand, it wasn't the handshake or the slap on the back, which mighta been a liitle too hard on purpose, but rather something that was said. Apparently Harbaugh said something that was less than flattery to Schwartz, who wasn't expecting it. Don't know what was said or if any of htis is true, but it's already been blown way out of proportion to any possible impact going forward. Dosn't mean squat.

Schwartz is a very uptight person. Maybe he needs to take a strong laxative and "release" all of that pressure in his system.

Lightnen up, Schwartz. You got a handshake, a slap on the back, and maybe Harbaugh said a curse word. Quit being a crybaby. THERE'S NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL!

Schwartz is a very uptight person. Maybe he needs to take a strong laxative and "release" all of that pressure in his system.

Lightnen up, Schwartz. You got a handshake, a slap on the back, and maybe Harbaugh said a curse word. Quit being a crybaby. THERE'S NO CRYING IN FOOTBALL!
This hand shake changed everything. Harbaugh stole Schwartz' mojo. We still talk about it to this day. The Lions were having a great season then this handshake happened and Schwartz looked like a little bitch and probably lost face with his players and whatever, they started losing games after that and SF went on to play in the Superbowl against his brother. FF 13 years Jim just won a National Championship and his brother is probably going to win the Superbowl.

I did a search for Harbaugh and didn't find one thread about his brother John. John is already a superbowl winning coach and not one thread about him. Now Jim has a National Championship. He said that means he can now sit at the big boys table now because his brother has a Superbowl and his dad has a Natty

Jack Harbaugh, the patriarch of the family, led Western Kentucky to an NCAA Division I-AA national title (now known as the NCAA Division I Football Championship bestowed upon the winner of the FCS playoffs) in 2002.

OMG I just read Jim's dad came out of retirement to be Jim's assistant coach. No wonder he says "who got it better than me? Nobody". That man is living the dream. We suspect he's going to go coach pros but I hope he says he's Michigan for life. Like Bo Shembeckler. I'd love that.

Forum List

Back