Happy Thanksgiving!!!

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
thanksgiving-2016.jpg

I'd like to give thanks to everybody at USMB. Through the good times and bad you've been here for me. I've posted about the worst things in my life here, and there's always somebody (on both sides of the isle) to help pick me up, and help me along. When it really comes down to it it's not about politics. The people here are about helping their friends. I'm thankful you exist. Happy Thanksgiving, USMB.

If you say "I love you guys" and start crying, I'm taking away your scotch.

PS: It's a good general idea to NOT bring up politics at the dinner table.

And I picked a helluva week to abstain from drinking. :aargh::uhoh3:

Ah well, whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

I'm going to dinner at my very liberal sister's house tomorrow. My first question is going to be, "So, how about them negros?"

I have a very liberal family, and they know I disagree with them on many things. Politics just never come up during the holidays. At least not while the kids are still awake. This year my sister's conservative father will be there though. It could be interesting.

PS: It's a good general idea to NOT bring up politics at the dinner table.

And I picked a helluva week to abstain from drinking. :aargh::uhoh3:

Ah well, whatcha gonna do? :dunno:

I'm going to dinner at my very liberal sister's house tomorrow. My first question is going to be, "So, how about them negros?"

Yeah, but you're kinda "special". :laugh2:

HAPPY THANKSGIVING!!!

Does anyone besides me have serious love for the non-major holidays? I LOVE Thanksgiving, probably one of my favorites. It's just getting together with loved ones and eating a meal. I'm even hosting the feast but the food is not difficult.

I also love the Fourth of July.

I love Christmas and Easter for their sacred meaning but, esp. Christmas, could really do without all the hubbub.

Forum List

Back