Happy Thanksgiving...

aaronleland

Diamond Member
May 19, 2012
Happy-Thanksgiving-Images.jpg

I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

Thanksgiving. A holiday that means far more to me than Christmas. What do I have to be thankful for? Health. A 74 year old man that can still earn his way as a Millwright in a steel mill. A family that I love. A son and daughter that have given me much joy. Two grandsons, one 17, one 19 months whose company I enjoy whenever we can get together. A mother that is nearly 93 years old, and in spite of health problems still remains interested in life. 3 sisters and 2 brothers that are all still alive. The people that I work with. The men and women I work with are tradesmen that, most of them, have worked in the environment of industrial manufacturing for many years, and we put our lives in each others hands on a daily basis. No loss time accidents in maintenance, millwrights, electricians, and automation, in over 15 years. I saw enough of my fellow tradesmen killed and maimed in the 20 years I worked in saw mills.

Material things. This form of communication that I am communicating on right now. The fact I can walk into the local supermarket at look at things that a king could not buy 100 years ago, goods and food, and I can afford any item in that store that I desire, if I am foolish enough to purchase on the basis of my desires of the moment. A home which is valued at several times what I owe against it. When I was a child our family saw some pretty rough times. A few times hungry. And when I look at what we have today, and hear people talk about how terrible things are, I can only shake my head.

Yes, in my 74th year, I have much to be thankful for, and hope for all out there that they have at least as much.

Happy-Thanksgiving-Images.jpg

I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving.

I was SURE this was in the FZ with a big fu attached, imagine my surprise!:laugh: So, have a Happy Thanksgiving as well aaronleland!

I'm thankful that even though all of my family is from California, almost all of them are Conservatives

this is how thanksgiving looks like on MTV!

DPXPsKVXUAEJNLm.jpg

and Fox News...

DPXSYVMW0AEZqoQ.jpg

Last edited:

Forum List

Back