Happy Thanksgiving

But I'm afraid I can't swallow the rest of your argument. The United Kingdom is, and always will be, America's mother country. Although America has a considerable mick Irish community, they had little to do with establishing a colony or implementing the tools of governance America relies on to this day.

Indeed, the language we are communicating in is testimony to how much America has to thank its mother country. But sadly we weren't around long enough to instill some proper manners in its citizens.

Not so, the Spanish were here (Florida) before the Brits. French were here. Early settlers chose to leave their home country. America is its own "Mother Country."

OK, I'll try again. You're correct in saying that the Spaniards were the first to land in North America, and that the French played a part too. But the British, with native American assistance, established the first permanent colony (I think) and biffed them all back to Europe and claimed America as crown territory. Therefore we are your mother country.

And ask yourself this: What language do I speak.

Once you've answered that simple question, please get back to me.

Rule Britannia and God save the Queen!

Actually it was dissenters from England with some money, that managed to get a land grant. England itself had little to do with it, other than getting some pesky middle class folks out of their hair. Heck, these same people had left England a quarter century earlier, sailing to Holland to worship more free. If not for their desire that their children keep the English traditions and not become Dutch, Plymouth would not have been founded. From the beginning, individuals with strong English beliefs in the rule of law.

And ask yourself this: What language do I speak.

Once you've answered that simple question, please get back to me.

[/SIZE]

If not for US, ...German.

Sorry, I had to. ...too easy.

I'll repeat what I've previously declared on this subject.

Britain will always remain grateful for the assistance it recieved from America during the second world war. Without material aid, we would have been trampled under the Nazi jackboot eventually.

But we were fighting the Nazi's long before America was dragged from under the bed by Japan. And America's undeniable indifference in refusing to face Hitler at the beginning will always be remembered by history.

Last edited:
Allow me to apologize, America.

Cowardice is a rather strong word to sum-up America's late arrival in WW2. It would also be an unrepentant dishonour to the brave sacrifices made by valiant American servicemen.

I've edited it accordingly.

God save the Queen, and America!

Last edited:
and it's England, not the UK or Britain...England for fucks sake.

and another thing, it was all about logistics, we left of our own accord, we couldn't afford it.

Forum List

Back