Happy Thanksgiving

Granny

Gold Member
Dec 14, 2009
Rocky Top, TN
Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope it's a great day, family, good friends, plenty of food. For all who are traveling this weekend - be safe, be well. I'm hitting the road in just a few minutes to be in family in Richmond.

Hugs to all.

Happy Thanksgiving to all. Hope it's a great day, family, good friends, plenty of food. For all who are traveling this weekend - be safe, be well. I'm hitting the road in just a few minutes to be in family in Richmond.

Hugs to all.

Same to you Granny, be safe and have fun!

When you're all thinking about what you are thankful for, be thankful that you're Americans. It could be much worse, you could be European! LOL.

When you're all thinking about what you are thankful for, be thankful that you're Americans. It could be much worse, you could be European! LOL.

If it weren't for Europeans (and the charity of native Americans), there wouldn't be a 'thanksgiving' day, you silly girl.

Anyway, enjoy your turkey, America. And don't forget to toast your mother country.

Last edited:

If it weren't for Europeans (and the charity of native Americans), there wouldn't be a 'thanksgiving' day, you silly girl.

Anyway, enjoy your turkey, America. And don't forget to toast your mother country.

I will. I am of Irish descent.

Our forebears left your God-forsaken shores in search of freedom. And still they come. :lol: There are still more people lining up to come to America than any other nation on earth.

Then why do you live in the UK?

And the United Kingdom is your mother country, not the Republic of Ireland, which during the establishment of the thirteen colonies was a British possession.

I know it hurts and I understand it's a thorn in your identity, but there's no escaping the fact that America was once a crown subject. I suggest you accept it rather than object to it.

Last edited:
Hope everybody has a very blessed Thanksgiving and if you're really fortunate, maybe you will end up with the turkey gizzard!

Then why do you live in the UK?

And the United Kingdom is your mother country, not the Republic of Ireland, which during the establishment of the thirteen colonies was a British possession.

I know it hurts and I understand it's a thorn in your identity, but there's no escaping the fact that America was once a crown subject. I suggest you accept it rather than object to it.

The original 13 colonies were British possessions.

*ahem*

You may not be aware, but there are 37 other states that were never British possessions.

Yes, alright, Samson. Let's not let your petty facts get in the way of a good argument.

Although you have a point, it's rather debatable. Yes, it's true that after Great Britain was stabbed in the back by ungrateful colonists, it had little to do with American expansion (they were too busy sulking). But that's not what I'm trying to say. What I'm trying say is that in essence the United States has the British to thank for its inception, even in states that didn't fall under the remit of the Thirteen Colonies. Britain laid the foundations for your country by installing a form of government, system to collect taxes, enforced the law etc... Basically, we bestowed upon America the tools needed to develop a strong, expanding nation. And for that, you should be thoroughly grateful.

I honestly think that the senate should draft in legislation that dedicates a day in each year (ideally the 5th of July) to commemorate Great Britain and the colonial endeavours it undertook in America.

That is all.

God save the Queen!

Last edited:

No problem!.......I'll definitely be toasting my mother country.....The United States Of America!

Best damn country in this entire worlds history!

Our forebears left your God-forsaken shores in search of freedom. And still they come. :lol: There are still more people lining up to come to America than any other nation on earth.

There you go lying again. More people go to Canada. Pass the gravy please,... to add a little to Thanksgiving, here is a video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQZ_MEfw2M&feature=pyv&ad=6839317557&kw=thanksgiving[/ame]

I am wondering why...........How come every holiday has a mass offerring of music except Thanksgiving? Songs at Easter, xmas, halloween, but.......... So I started a song for Thanksgiving. Sing along and teach it to your guests!!!!:lol::lol:

Chop, chop, chop,
Chop, chop, chop,
It's Turkey time in the city.

Grab a wing, giblet dressing,
Dinner is served at 5:30.

Hear them gobbling, see them running,
without any heads on their shoulders.
Watch them hiding, from the knifing.

chop, chop, chop,
chop, chop, chop
It's turkey time in the city

Stuff the dressing, tie up the mess end.
Stick that bad boy in the oven.
And seat all the people around the table.

Give them cranberrys, and glazed cherrys,
with pickles and olives.
Get them all drooling for the turkey.

chop, chop, chop,
chop, chop, chop,

Wishing everyone a

HappyThanksgivingScaled-1.gif

There you go lying again. More people go to Canada. Pass the gravy please,... to add a little to Thanksgiving, here is a video.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUQZ_MEfw2M&feature=pyv&ad=6839317557&kw=thanksgiving[/ame]

I am wondering why...........How come every holiday has a mass offerring of music except Thanksgiving? Songs at Easter, xmas, halloween, but.......... So I started a song for Thanksgiving. Sing along and teach it to your guests!!!!:lol::lol:

Chop, chop, chop,
Chop, chop, chop,

chop, chop, chop,
chop, chop, chop

with pickles and olives.

chop, chop, chop,
chop, chop, chop,
Well, that was fucking stupid!:cuckoo:

Chop, chop, chop,
Chop, chop, chop,

chop, chop, chop,
chop, chop, chop

with pickles and olives.

chop, chop, chop,
chop, chop, chop,
Well, that was fucking stupid!:cuckoo:

Oh, the good humor man arrived.

Because the depression is expected to continue through next Thanksgiving, and TSA perverts will still be stalking the airports, I am pushing for "Turkey Exchange Day." It will save you gas, a tickled ass, and time. Next year you will exchange thanksgiving dinner with a family you do not know in your own city. They in turn will tell their obnoxious uncle to stay home, as he should expect relatives that were headed to your house. And in this manner, more brotherly love will spread through America. You can be home in time to watch the game on television, and not put up with your dreadful relatives.:eusa_angel:

Last edited:
hmmm wondering if this thread could possibly be kept nice with no flaming...think? :D

hmmm wondering if this thread could possibly be kept nice with no flaming...think? :D

I doubt it Kat. You seem pretty young. listen to a Johnny Cash song called Bad News. That about explains it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cDT2XsGgL0[/ame]

Hope you and yours will be together for the holidays. So many families are broken up you have to make 3-4 stops to see everybody and make sure you don't offend someone. Get out the socker-boppers. :lol:

I would just as soon have a non-traditional dinner this year, like a Mexican or Italian feed, a good thick steak & potato. Instead my ladies are dragging me off to a T-Dinner, wherein half the guests start leaving as soon as dinner is over, and the other half stay and get plastered. I am bringing a dozen MC pies & a bottle of wine for the hostess........... At least it is local, so should have a safe holiday.

And how about you? Were you elected to bring something for dinner, or is this the year everybody bring cranberrys? :)

Last edited:

I doubt it Kat. You seem pretty young. listen to a Johnny Cash song called Bad News. That about explains it.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0cDT2XsGgL0[/ame]

Hope you and yours will be together for the holidays. So many families are broken up you have to make 3-4 stops to see everybody and make sure you don't offend someone. Get out the socker-boppers. :lol:

I would just as soon have a non-traditional dinner this year, like a Mexican or Italian feed, a good thick steak & potato. Instead my ladies are dragging me off to a T-Dinner, wherein half the guests start leaving as soon as dinner is over, and the other half stay and get plastered. I am bringing a dozen MC pies & a bottle of wine for the hostess........... At least it is local, so should have a safe holiday.

And how about you? Were you elected to bring something for dinner, or is this the year everybody bring cranberrys? :)

I am going to take that as a compliment!
[SIZE="-8"]
I don't know how young pretty young is.. lol[/SIZE]

Forum List

Back