Happy Thanksgiving USMB Friends!

random3434

Jun 29, 2008
Just drinking some coffee, sitting in my jammies. Don't have to do much to get ready but cut up some veggies and make the dip before I head out to my brothers house. It's sunny here in Indiana, and may get up to 50 degrees today!

Hope you all enjoy these next few days with your families. God Bless you all, be thankful we live in this great country, and though we may agree or disagree, we are all Americans.

I'm thankful for all my blessings, trust me, I do know how lucky I really am.

Just drinking some coffee, sitting in my jammies. Don't have to do much to get ready but cut up some veggies and make the dip before I head out to my brothers house. It's sunny here in Indiana, and may get up to 50 degrees today!

Hope you all enjoy these next few days with your families. God Bless you all, be thankful we live in this great country, and though we may agree or disagree, we are all Americans.

You sound like myself. Jammies and coffee. I do need to start on potatoes though. Kids are still sleeping, but I may make some breakfast, as dinner isn't until 6 pm, cause of all the schedule conflicts.

Enjoy the turkey or whatever you are having!

You sound like myself. Jammies and coffee. I do need to start on potatoes though. Kids are still sleeping, but I may make some breakfast, as dinner isn't until 6 pm, cause of all the schedule conflicts.

Enjoy the turkey or whatever you are having!

I eat everything but the turkey and stuffing. Homemade bread, mashed potatoes, corn, pasta, etc. and TONS of appitizers before dinner. And of course dessert, there will be over 15 different kinds to choose from.

Trust me, my daughter and I have been looking forward to this for weeks now, it's all she's been talking about! :)

"I can't wait to go to Uncle Jerry's house to eat and eat and eat!"

{The kids then put on a play for the family and friends, or for those not passed out from turkey overdose. And of course, watching football! And then eating some more! }

I eat everything but the turkey and stuffing. Homemade bread, mashed potatoes, corn, pasta, etc. and TONS of appitizers before dinner. And of course dessert, there will be over 15 different kinds to choose from.

Trust me, my daughter and I have been looking forward to this for weeks now, it's all she's been talking about! :)

"I can't wait to go to Uncle Jerry's house to eat and eat and eat!"

{The kids then put on a play for the family and friends, or for those not passed out from turkey overdose. And of course, watching football! And then eating some more! }

I love traditions like a family play! Too cool! All of our 'kids' are now at least 19 or older. Sometime there may be grandchildren to revive the 'music fests' that the kids used to put on. Rather musical children we have, one now sings opera. ;) Christmas night they'd go caroling, usually coming home with some $$$ and lots of treats, (I think our neighbors miss those days of getting rid of their high calorie sweets. ;) )

The above conversation reminded me that we've always played 'games' after dinner. Used to be Rummy Royal, which has morphed into games like, "Cranium", "Catch Phrase", and "Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader?"

Echo, Happy Thanksgiving to you too!

We are sharing the same wonderful weather as you. Looks like good riding weather after the Turkey feast. Strap on the leather and enjoy the afternoon! :razz:

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone! We actually had ours on Sunday night and Tuesday night because so many friends and relatives were going away or to in-laws for the holiday. It was kind of satisfying driving back into town yesterday afternoon looking at all the traffic in the opposite lanes headed out of town and knowing we'd already got our Thanksgiving done and over with. My boyfriend has to work all day today so I'm going to make a feast of leftovers for the dog and the cats and the wildlife outdoors then check up on my out of town neighbors pets. It's so nice and peaceful in the city today. :)

Have a great Thanksgiving, everyone! We actually had ours on Sunday night and Tuesday night because so many friends and relatives were going away or to in-laws for the holiday. It was kind of satisfying driving back into town yesterday afternoon looking at all the traffic in the opposite lanes headed out of town and knowing we'd already got our Thanksgiving done and over with. My boyfriend has to work all day today so I'm going to make a feast of leftovers for the dog and the cats and the wildlife outdoors then check up on my out of town neighbors pets. It's so nice and peaceful in the city today. :)

Maybe I should have done 'ours' last weekend, instead doing the whole turkey deal Saturday, since we love our leftovers. That's the one bad thing about not being the 'hostess.' ;)

Just finished cleaning up from breakfast, groan. Fruit salad, onion bagels, bacon, turkey sausage, scrambled eggs and coffeecake.

Having a cuppa then must start the potatoes!

LOL! Sometimes life just smiles on one. My friend and her husband stopped by for some coffee and coffeecake. Then they peeled the 10# of potatoes while I sliced them and began the assembly. Saved me scads of time!

Forum List

Back