Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!

Ah hell Douger, and I have ancestors who were Mollies hung for fighting a guerilla war against the exploitation of the coal barons and the murder of their children in the coal bins and the mills. But that's ancient history and not what today is about. Get over it already.

Look how far Irish Americans have come, from the signs saying "No Dogs or Dirty Irish" on every business to celibrating their ancestry and have others want to share it. (Or at least share their beer.) It's one f'n day. Put on a smile and enjoy it already!

Ah hell Douger, and I have ancestors who were Mollies hung for fighting a guerilla war against the exploitation of the coal barons and the murder of their children in the coal bins and the mills. But that's ancient history and not what today is about. Get over it already.

Look how far Irish Americans have come, from the signs saying "No Dogs or Dirty Irish" on every business to celibrating their ancestry and have others want to share it. (Or at least share their beer.) It's one f'n day. Put on a smile and enjoy it already!

Okay, the chinks, kikes and ******* are welcome but NOT the Irish.

8333-1934.gif

On this day honoring the Patron saint of the March 18th Hangover

I just want to say

Have you ever heard anything that sounds a fucking awful as bag pipe "music"

I could swing a cat by the tail and get a similarly "musical " sound

On this day honoring the Patron saint of the March 18th Hangover

I just want to say

Have you ever heard anything that sounds a fucking awful as bag pipe "music"

I could swing a cat by the tail and get a similarly "musical " sound

It's not so bad when it's a lone piper atop the castle wall. Actually, that's quite a hauntingly beautiful sound.

But I once had to sit through the massed pipes and drums for over an hour. Fine for 10 minutes, but then it really starts to grate.

'Over the sea to Skye' is particularly painful.

[youtube]<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/kED67KwPbww&hl=en_US&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/kED67KwPbww&hl=en_US&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>[/youtube]

More brainwashed nonsense.
Fuck ST. Patrick, who was just another vatican vampire who destroyed the Celtic culture and kill all the Druid priest while burning the ancient Celt libraries
By the way King Arther and the Knights of the Round Table is a Celt Legion.
Ripped off by the royal family dictatorship's history as class propaganda that elite group who made their money in the slave drug and war industries and some say they still are in modern morphed versions
St. Pat was just like the vatican vampires that did in the great American civilizations of the Native Americans of which the Incas and Aztecs are just the most well known
Celebrate the Celts the oldest Europeans And the greatness of the other American minorities on March 17

The Slaves That Time Forgot

By John Martin

They came as slaves; vast human cargo transported on tall British ships bound for the Americas. They were shipped by the hundreds of thousands and included men, women, and even the youngest of children.

Whenever they rebelled or even disobeyed an order, they were punished in the harshest ways. Slave owners would hang their human property by their hands and set their hands or feet on fire as one form of punishment. They were burned alive and had their heads placed on pikes in the marketplace as a warning to other captives.

We don't really need to go through all of the gory details, do we? After all, we know all too well the atrocities of the African slave trade. But, are we talking about African slavery?

King James II and Charles I led a continued effort to enslave the Irish. Britain's famed Oliver Cromwell furthered this practice of dehumanizing one's next door neighbor.

The Irish slave trade began when James II sold 30,000 Irish prisoners as slaves to the New World. His Proclamation of 1625 required Irish political prisoners be sent overseas and sold to English settlers in the West Indies. By the mid 1600s, the Irish were the main slaves sold to Antigua and Montserrat. At that time, 70% of the total population of Montserrat were Irish slaves.

From 1641 to 1652, over 500,000 Irish were killed by the English and another 300,000 were sold as slaves. Ireland's population fell from about 1,500,000 to 600,000 in one single decade. Families were ripped apart as the British did not allow Irish dads to take their wives and children with them across the Atlantic. This led to a helpless population of homeless women and children. Britain's solution was to auction them off as well.

Ireland was the biggest source of human livestock for English merchants. The majority of the early slaves to the New World were actually white. During the 1650s, over 100,000 Irish children between the ages of 10 and 14 were taken from their parents and sold as slaves in the West Indies, Virginia and New England. In this decade, 52,000 Irish (mostly women and children) were sold to Barbados and Virginia. Another 30,000 Irish men and women were also transported and sold to the highest bidder. In 1656, Cromwell ordered that 2000 Irish children be taken to Jamaica and sold as slaves to English settlers.

Many people today will avoid calling the Irish slaves what they truly were: Slaves. They'll come up with terms like "Indentured Servants" to describe what occurred to the Irish. However, in most cases from the 17th and 18th centuries, Irish slaves were nothing more than human cattle.

As an example, the African slave trade was just beginning during this same period. It is well recorded that African slaves, not tainted with the stain of the hated Catholic theology and more expensive to purchase, were often treated far better than their Irish counterparts.

African slaves were very expensive during the late 1600s (50 Sterling). Irish slaves came cheap (no more than 5 Sterling). If a planter whipped or branded or beat an Irish slave to death, it was never a crime. A death was a monetary setback, but far cheaper than killing a more expensive African.

The English masters quickly began breeding the Irish women for both their own personal pleasure and for greater profit. Children of slaves were themselves slaves, which increased the size of the master's free workforce. Even if an Irish woman somehow obtained her freedom, her kids would remain slaves of her master. Thus, Irish moms, even with this new found emancipation, would seldom abandon their kids and would remain in servitude.

In time, the English thought of a better way to use these women (in many cases, girls as young as 12) to increase their market share: The settlers began to breed Irish women and girls with African men to produce slaves with a distinct complexion. These new "mulatto" slaves brought a higher price than Irish livestock and, likewise, enabled the settlers to save money rather than purchase new African slaves.

This practice of interbreeding Irish females with African men went on for several decades and was so widespread that, in 1681, legislation was passed "forbidding the practice of mating Irish slave women to African slave men for the purpose of producing slaves for sale." In short, it was stopped only because it interfered with the profits of a large slave transport company.

England continued to ship tens of thousands of Irish slaves for more than a century. Records state that, after the 1798 Irish Rebellion, thousands of Irish slaves were sold to both America and Australia.

There were horrible abuses of both African and Irish captives. One British ship even dumped 1,302 slaves into the Atlantic Ocean so that the crew would have plenty of food to eat.

There is little question that the Irish experienced the horrors of slavery as much (if not more in the 17th Century) as the Africans did. There is, also, very little question that those brown, tanned faces you witness in your travels to the West Indies are very likely a combination of African and Irish ancestry.

In 1839, Britain finally decided on it's own to end it's participation in Satan's highway to hell and stopped transporting slaves. While their decision did not stop pirates from doing what they desired, the new law slowly concluded THIS chapter of nightmarish Irish misery.

But, if anyone, black or white, believes that slavery was only an African experience, then they've got it completely wrong.

Irish slavery is a subject worth remembering, not erasing from our memories. But, where are our public (and PRIVATE) schools???? Where are the history books? Why is it so seldom discussed?

Do the memories of hundreds of thousands of Irish victims merit more than a mention from an unknown writer? Or is their story to be one that their English pirates intended: To (unlike the African book) have the Irish story utterly and completely disappear as if it never happened.

None of the Irish victims ever made it back to their homeland to describe their ordeal. These are the lost slaves; the ones that time and biased history books conveniently forgot.
Burp! Tissue?

I'm half Mick.....the better half.[/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

Cheers to everyone....even the English.

Protestant or Catholic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I need to know where to send the bomb.

Cheers to you too mate, down here we look for any reason to drink.

Beannachtaí na Féile Pádraig oraibh!

Shame on those of you who claim Irish descent and cannot post a traditional Irish St Paddy's Day greeting.... and shame on you who insist it is St Patty's Day.... It is St Paddy's Day.... Padraig, not Patrick! You dumb Americans! :lol::lol::lol:

Protestant....I like all of their beliefs except the use of rubbers. I hate rubbers.

http://www.rockinpaddy.com/Icons/slainte.jpg

:beer:

Bar Man's Irish Joke

An Irishman walks into a bar in Ireland orders three pints of Guinness and sits in the back of the room, drinking a sip out of each one in turn. When he finishes them, he comes back to the bar and orders three more.

The bartender asks him, "You know, a pint goes flat after I draw it; wouldn't you rather I draw fresh pints for you one at a time?" The fellow replies: "Well, you see, I have two brothers. One is now in America and the other, in Australia. When we all left home, we promised we'd drink this way to remember the days when we drank together."

The bartender admits that this is a nice custom, and leaves it there. The fellow becomes a regular in the bar, and always drinks the same way: He orders three pints and drinks them in turn.

One day, he comes in and orders two pints. All the regulars notice and fall silent, speculating about what might have happened to one of the absent brothers. When the fellow goes back to the bar for a second round, the bartender says, "I don't want to intrude on your grief, but I wanted to offer my condolences on your great loss." The fellow looks confused for a moment and then a light dawns in his eye and says: "Oh, no, everyone's fine. You see, it's just that I've given up beer for Lent."

Protestant....I like all of their beliefs except the use of rubbers. I hate rubbers.

Proddies are not the real Irish. The only real Irish are Catholics. Those Proddies are English interlopers. Éire go Brách

http://www.ibabuzz.com/bottomsup/files/2007/07/guinness-draft1.jpg

An Englishman, a Scotchman, and an Irishman are sitting at a bar, each with a beer in front of them. All of a sudden, three flies zoom in and land right in each of the beers. The Englishman pushes his away in disgust, gets up, and leaves. The Scotchman simply pulls the fly out, tosses it on the ground, and continues drinking. The Irishman however, pulls his fly out and begins beating it against the bar while shouting, "Give it back, give it back!!"

California Girl said:
Shame on those of you who claim Irish descent and cannot post a traditional Irish St Paddy's Day greeting.

Meh, as a child I was too stubborn to learn the Gaelic (or from the other side of the family the Dutch) from those who remembered and used them. I'm mostly second generation and was too busy being an average American kid. Those old fogies clinging to the past were boring, and ever so slightly embarrassing. Isn't that usually the way it works? Assimilation isn't such a bad thing.

Knowing some of the history now makes me wish I'd paid more attention, but then I probably would have inherited the prejudices and grudges too. In which case I'd rather be a dumb but happy American. ;)

California Girl said:
Shame on those of you who claim Irish descent and cannot post a traditional Irish St Paddy's Day greeting.

Meh, as a child I was too stubborn to learn the Gaelic (or from the other side of the family the Dutch) from those who remembered and used them. I'm mostly second generation and was too busy being an average American kid. Those old fogies clinging to the past were boring, and ever so slightly embarrassing. Isn't that usually the way it works? Assimilation isn't such a bad thing.

Knowing some of the history now makes me wish I'd paid more attention, but then I probably would have inherited the prejudices and grudges too. In which case I'd rather be a dumb but happy American. ;)

Don't take me so seriously, Goldie. One of my best friends is Irish Proddie descent, from the same area of Ireland. We laugh about the probability that her ancestors probably fought my ancestors. I'm as American as Apple Pie.... I just happen to be proud of my heritage and my grandparents wanted us to learn the language. I'm crap at Gaelic, my Dad and brothers are much better than I.

Forum List

Back