happy spring!

strollingbones

Diamond Member
Sep 19, 2008
chicken farm
it has been a long winter...some areas with record colds etc...firewood piles have dwindled to nearly nothing...so its time for a bit of spring....a bit of renewed hope....

funny-pictures-cat-disguised-rabbit.jpg

Spring.

That means only about six more weeks before I can put away the long-johns.

Back at ya. I am so ready for Springtime.

I heard the birds outside in the morning for the first couple of days this week then it got cold. It will start warming up here maybe the first week or two into April. We do get a lot of rain along with the warming trend though.

I am finishing up on my first set of tomato plants. Deee lishious. Also summer squash and one acorn squash. All the citrus is blooming along with my one peach.

I could not move back to where they have that white cold stuff all winter.

breeding stock is always better where there are seasons....

:eusa_shhh:

Don't tell the cattle here THAT. We might have dipped below freezing a half dozen times. For the most part it was high 40s at night, mid-to-low 60s during the day. It's been 80+ and sunny all week here.

I blame Chris and his global warming machine.:lol:

This was my first winter back in the Midwest. I was expecting the worst, but it really wasn't as bad as I had expected, even with the temps being a bit below average this year. None the less, I'm happy that we're finally seeing some nice days. We've already had a few in the 60's. I love moderate temperatures.

It has been a tough winter. I remember it snowed one day and we got about 1/4" of precipitation that blanketed everything... except, roads. It lasted nearly 8 hours (snowed for about 30 minutes, but it didn't melt until the sun came up). One day I had to wear a sweater. And then there was the night I awoke and the cover had fallen off the bed. I nearly froze!

I am finishing up on my first set of tomato plants. Deee lishious. Also summer squash and one acorn squash. All the citrus is blooming along with my one peach.

I could not move back to where they have that white cold stuff all winter.

Rabbits already got to my lettuce.. garlic is starting to sprout.. and my mint is starting to turn green.. but thats all I can plant/hope for at this time of year..

Forum List

Back