HAPPY NEW YEAR 2012!!! What are you New Year's resolutions.

Have you or will you make New Year's resolutions?

• Yes.

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • No.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • I should.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • I do but I never keep them.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't believe in resolutions.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Foxfyre

Eternal optimist
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 11, 2007
Desert Southwest USA
HAPPY NEW YEAR USMB!!!!

May we wish for all a kinder and more prosperous 2012 however any of us would describe that.

Will you be making any New Year's resolutions? Have you ever KEPT a New Year's resolution? Share.

happy-new-year1.jpg

Last edited:
Alas my track record at keeping resolutions has not been stellar. But in 2012:

1. I intend to clean out my front closet. And the hall closet. And the back bedroom closet. And a lot of other stuff.

2. I intend to finish a geneology project I started years ago and never quite get around to finishing.

I think the trick is resolving to do something that you know you will do, Peach.

It's sort of like I give up jellied eels for Lent every year. I've never yet violated my pledge. :)

My standard resolution for the past 15 years or so has been to eat a piece of cheesecake everyday. That way when I broke it I wouldn't feel guilty.

But I think that this year, I'll make a serious one. At least a 15 minute walk everyday. Ain't much, but it's better than I have been doing.

I think the trick is resolving to do something that you know you will do, Peach.

It's sort of like I give up jellied eels for Lent every year. I've never yet violated my pledge. :)

To me a resolution means to better yourself at something you usually don't do or is hard for you to do.
If you make a resolution that you know you will keep, it is not making you do something better. :D

To me a resolution means to better yourself at something you usually don't do or is hard for you to do.
If you make a resolution that you know you will keep, it is not making you do something better. :D

But it lets you keep a resolution. Otherwise, there is a good chance it won't be kept. Come on Peach, you gotta be practical about these things. :)

Uncle Ferd says he gonna swear offa womens...

... says dey's more trouble dan dey' worth...

... Granny says dat'll last `bout 3 days...

... like last year, anna year a-fore dat, anna year a-fore dat, anna year a-fore dat, anna year...
:eusa_shifty:

i think the trick is resolving to do something that you know you will do, peach.

It's sort of like i give up jellied eels for lent every year. I've never yet violated my pledge. :)

to me a resolution means to better yourself at something you usually don't do or is hard for you to do.
If you make a resolution that you know you will keep, it is not making you do something better. :d

but it lets you keep a resolution. Otherwise, there is a good chance it won't be kept. Come on peach, you gotta be practical about these things. :)

nope !

Mrs. Liberty and I are going to make a list of short and long term goals for 2012 together. Then we are going to break them down into steps with due dates.

I'm normally a polyanna type but fuck it, I'm hurting tonight

I'm wishing all y'all a very Happy New Year

I'm patiently counting down the minutes to say goodbye to 2011 the murderous bitch.

My beautiful TD baby is sleeping, my old dawg survivved her operation and is resting by me. I'll drag one Catahoula over the threshold thanks to God.

I spent dec 28 & 29 in the hospital, stomach flu vomiting and pooping so bad that
my electolytles went so out of whack the my heart went nuts - had to get a stop/start on it.

I dug too many graves in 2011, lost too many 4 legged friends, I lost people too.
Fucking bitch of a murderous fucking year.

RIP American Badass, Dusty Rhodes, C82, Pyewacket
Bye Gordo, bye Mrs D, bye Gerry

I loved all Ya'll, See ya on the other side
Gonna be a full house on Rainbow Bridge when I'm called over

Let's hope that 2012 will be wonderous and magical and good for us all

I'm patiently counting down the minutes to say goodbye to 2011 the murderous bitch.

My beautiful TD baby is sleeping, my old dawg survivved her operation and is resting by me. I'll drag one Catahoula over the threshold thanks to God.

I spent dec 28 & 29 in the hospital, stomach flu vomiting and pooping so bad that
my electolytles went so out of whack the my heart went nuts - had to get a stop/start on it.

I dug too many graves in 2011, lost too many 4 legged friends, I lost people too.

Hope the new year brings you better news, Trav. Much better news. Happy New Year, Dear.

Take o'cup of kindness then traveler.
I didn't expect that.
I was just bleeding out in my own puddle of pain and self pity.
Thanks kind stranger, God Bless you.
May the Lord Bless you and yours with the happiest of New Years
Thanks

Pay it forward. Seems like when I can crawl under the belly of a snake with head clearance, I find someone in a worse spot.

Its how many times you get back up.

Hope the new year brings you better news, Trav. Much better news. Happy New Year, Dear.

You too, Thanks so much. Happy New Year

Forum List

Back