HAPPY LABOR DAY!

eagle1462010

Diamond Member
May 17, 2013
labor-day.jpg

I will be working today like I have had to do every day since 2008. Or I'll lose the farm. To all those people out there that the economy hasn't affected and made work 3 jobs or more just to make ends meet: Enjoy your "labor" day holiday..

Thanks to Cheney, Congress and lobbiests everywhere for playing fast and loose with the American Treasury and national security all those years.

And I will do a 12 hour shift today, 6 pm to 6 am. And for three days after that. Then rotate to days for one rotation. Then back to 4 10's over the weekend as college classes start again. However, my financial position is reasonable, and my small properties have regained enough value that having to retire would not be a financial disaster for me. Plus the ACA now makes it possible to insure my wife, should I retire. That was impossible until January of this year.

Makes one wonder about the future of the American labor movement.

Retail. :woohoo: I may be the only one who is grateful for it. I love to work all weekends and holidays, for that is when it is the busiest, and time flies by, all the while having some giggles and laughs with customers enjoying their time off.

Everybody wins. :D

Retail. :woohoo: I may be the only one who is grateful for it. I love to work all weekends and holidays, for that is when it is the busiest, and time flies by, all the while having some giggles and laughs with customers enjoying their time off.

It's good to see somebody happy in their work.

I'd have to be in the right frame of mind for that job.:eusa_wall:

Unfortunately, most employers dislike employees working while on LSD. :confused:

It's good to see somebody happy in their work.
I'm happy in my work. I'd be even happier with it if I got a day off now and then.

This day is all about the laborers, those who make the big bucks for their employers.

This day is all about the laborers, those who make the big bucks for their employers.
Yes, in America we do not celebrate international worker's day. Instead we moved it as far away from the real thing as possible and made it as meaningless as president's day.

Forum List

Back