Happy Juneteenth

Yes it was a republican cali.

back when republicans were the party I would have been a member of.

what we have left now with the republican party is a crumpled shell of a racist insane asylum.

You guys really fuclked up a once great party.

why did you do that?

:0)

Again .. people who don't know their own history.

Don't even know that the Republican Party began as an anti-slavery party.

Again... I know exactly how much the Republican Party did for blacks and minorities... I know how much they still do for minorities too.

:0) Oh really.

Are you of the opinion that you know more about what is needed in the African-American community than African-Americans?

I'm not a democrat .. but I am most certainly not a republican either .. and most especially.

Do the unemployed need unemployment insurance?

Do the elderly need Medicare and Social Security?

Does the government need to be free of corporate influence and campaign contributions .. that would otherwise be called corruption?

Does America need to cut its military budget in half?

Tell me of these wonders that republicans offer to black people?

please people cant everyone jsut agree for a couple of seconds that heaving the evil of slavery from the shoulders of this country was one of the greatest things this country ever did.

just one post

That isn't who they are .. yet they wonder why they are so rejected. :0)

Not one con can say a nice thing about the end of slavery?

fucking A guys

Happy juneteenth

can you for one momment be happy that there is NO slavery in this country anymore?

Unless you believe that people on Welfare programs can succeed without being enslaved by the stringent boundaries the Government places on them to keep them down, I guess slavery doesn't exist.

please people cant everyone jsut agree for a couple of seconds that heaving the evil of slavery from the shoulders of this country was one of the greatest things this country ever did.

just one post

it just blows me away.

hell I know many of them are racists but good god this is fucking sad

Yes it was a republican cali.

back when republicans were the party I would have been a member of.

what we have left now with the republican party is a crumpled shell of a racist insane asylum.

You guys really fuclked up a once great party.

why did you do that?
Bullshit. You are a racist and never would have been GOP, then or now.

YOU wouldn't have been a republican then. TM would have.

Learn history.

why are you people trashing a celbration of the end of slavery.

Its history and its real.

We are a DECENT country because we did this

just one post

it just blows me away.

It is the society that you live in. There is nothing surprising nor unusual about their posts.

This is America .. however, there is good news.

They are shrinking, and almost completely dependent on white males.

Juneteenth is AMERICAN HISTORY.

its part of your countries real history.

it matters to many many Americans.

why are you hating on this celibration?

it just blows me away.

It is the society that you live in. There is nothing surprising nor unusual about their posts.

Oh I know it but the people on the right here are the worst of the bunch.

i talk to white people all the time who would be very intersted in this historical day and would understand and honor its importance like a real American should.

really dude its likely a less racist country than you think and a more racist country than I think.

The right here is just fucking horrible

Not one con can say a nice thing about the end of slavery?

fucking A guys

Happy Juneteenth Truthmatters! Hope you can get together with friends, and family and have a great time putting partisanship aside, and remembering we are ALL Americans, whether we disagree, or not...And we all make up that which makes America great!

Truth is .. we ain't (eb) all that decent.

Slavery lasted in America long after it was abolished throughout the West .. and, it is STILL legal in the US .. AND, it STILL exists in a different form.

SEE: the Prison/Indistrial Complex .. where prisoner/slaves work for some of the largest corporations in America for about 25 cents an hour. And, thosr prisoner/slaves look a lot like the slaves of our past.

it just blows me away.

Oh I know it but the people on the right here are the worst of the bunch.

i talk to white people all the time who would be very intersted in this historical day and would understand and honor its importance like a real American should.

really dude its likely a less racist country than you think and a more racist country than I think.

The right here is just fucking horrible

I see the country exactly as it is. I've studied it. That's why none of these comments surprise me.

I don't accuse everyone of racism, but nor am I blind.

The war on drugs is undeniably racist .. but that's a battle that black people must fight on their own .. as usual.

oh hell yeah the war on drugs is racist.

that is an undeniable fact.

so is the vast majority of the Obama hate syndrome

Truth is .. we ain't (eb) all that decent.

Slavery lasted in America long after it was abolished throughout the West .. and, it is STILL legal in the US .. AND, it STILL exists in a different form.

SEE: the Prison/Indistrial Complex .. where prisoner/slaves work for some of the largest corporations in America for about 25 cents an hour. And, thosr prisoner/slaves look a lot like the slaves of our past.

oh hell yeah, but I have to give the people who saw the evil and were willing to fight it even at the cost of the countries exsistnace and their own lives.

It was a real truning point in history in my veiw.

it is a real shame the people on the ground could not all see it as those willing to fight and die and even risk the entire coutries exsistance.

It wells pride in my soul for my country.

we are barely getting to the point they were fighting for all these years later.

It will come , these assholes on the right refuse to help.

But it will come.

oh hell yeah the war on drugs is racist.

that is an undeniable fact.

so is the vast majority of the Obama hate syndrome

Much of that is true .. but not all of it. I hate Obama .. nothing to do with his race .. with the exception that I find him embarrassing for black people.

He knows the truth of the war on drugs and how devastating it is to black families and communities. But what do you think he's going to do about it?

Absolutely nothing.

I have a long list of critically important things that he is going to do absolutely nothing about.

If he loses .. fuck him.

Juneteenth 2012: When Did Slavery Really End?

Though President Abraham Lincoln ended slavery with the signing of the Emancipation Proclamation in 1863, slaves in Texas had no knowledge of their freedom until two and a half years later. On June 19, 1865, Union soldiers arrived in Galveston and declared the end of the Civil War, with General Granger reading aloud a special decree that ordered the freeing of some 200,000 slaves in the state.

Because of the delay, many African Americans started a tradition of celebrating the actual day slavery ended on June 19 (also known as Juneteenth). But for some, their cheers were short-lived. Thanks to the South's lucrative prison labor system and a deceptive practice called debt peonage, a kind of neo-slavery continued for some blacks long into the 1940s. The question then arises: When did African Americans really claim their freedom?

African-Americans are STILL only relatively free in the United States.

Any questions, lookup the statistics on the so-called "war on drugs" .. which is nothing more than a war on black people. The biggest users of illegal drugs in the US are white people BY FAR.

Black people are the biggest killers of black people...

Thats the Republicans fault too... :eusa_whistle:

Certain American Indian tribes had slaves (bet you didn't know that) and the US Gov't had to negotiate 7 years for their release from those Evil Brown Savage Slave Holders!

Don't believe me? Look into how Morgan Freeman got his family name.

Forum List

Back