Happy Holidays!

g5000

Diamond Member
Nov 26, 2011
Happy-Holidays.jpg

Guns, babes, Santa, and Mongols.

It just doesn't get any better than this.

"Merry Christmas" is not a wish that excludes anything else.
Phuquing or unphuquing is entirely optional.

I have no problem with people saying Happy Holidays. Nor do I have a problem with Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year, Happy Kwanza, or "May the Force be with You".

Libs (progressives, democrats) get all crazy over words, and symbols, neither of which has ANY POWER OVER YOU, unless you let it. So when you get offended by a flag, symbol, statue, or someone saying Merry Christmas, maybe just ignore it instead of wanting it BANNED for everybody else.

I have no problem with people saying Happy Holidays. Nor do I have a problem with Merry Christmas, Happy Hanukah, Happy New Year, Happy Kwanza, or "May the Force be with You".

Libs (progressives, democrats) get all crazy over words, and symbols, neither of which has ANY POWER OVER YOU, unless you let it. So when you get offended by a flag, symbol, statue, or someone saying Merry Christmas, maybe just ignore it instead of wanting it BANNED for everybody else.
Both the political poles do the same thing. America's dualistic democracy deplores reasoned debate. There are certain things in both camps that must be addressed in certain ways in certain terms. Otherwise, discourse becomes discord.
There is a larger view instantly to be had by merely raising our glance and looking. We have always come up with new approaches to old problems. There is every reason to think that we are still capable.

^^^^^^^Agree (with 4eye) for the most part. However, I do think elements on the Left want to send a message to Christians, and use Christmas as a way to make it known that they need to be taken down a peg, or two.

Religion is waning in the western world, including the U.S. It is less popular with people than it was. People have become more SECULAR. And yes, the U.S. has become more diverse, but is still majority a Christian country. That doesn't mean other faiths should be ridiculed, or marginalized.

Like with being "White, being "Male", being "Christian". There are people that think we've had it TOO GOOD FOR TOO LONG, and it is time for punishment, and retribution for the perceived privileges we've had.

^^^^^^^Agree (with 4eye) for the most part. However, I do think elements on the Left want to send a message to Christians, and use Christmas as a way to make it known that they need to be taken down a peg, or two.

Religion is waning in the western world, including the U.S. It is less popular with people than it was. People have become more SECULAR. And yes, the U.S. has become more diverse, but is still majority a Christian country. That doesn't mean other faiths should be ridiculed, or marginalized.

Like with being "White, being "Male", being "Christian". There are people that think we've had it TOO GOOD FOR TOO LONG, and it is time for punishment, and retribution for the perceived privileges we've had.
happy-holidays-ivanka.jpg

Forum List

Back