Happy Hiroshima Day!

Happy Hiroshima Day!​

Don’t screw with America.

I'll be celebrating it with a big bang.

I'd invite some of my Japanese friends over for the party but they're not talking to me these days.

nature-fropki1.jpg

Ask the 30,000 Okinawans forced to fight Americans. Oh yeah, they died.
What was Japan doing in China, Korea and Indonesia in 1945?
Oh yeah, murdering civilians.
Not sure they were forced
They died out of patriotism

But Okinawa is a good example. We learned invading Japan would be very costly. But once we had the bomb and nobody else did……Invasion was no longer necessary

How many Americans DIDNT die in the preparation for and execution of X-Day? How about the weeks and months that would have followed?
You’re not getting this. There was no need to invade and occupy Japan. Accept their surrender and go home.

You’re not getting this. There was no need to invade and occupy Japan. Accept their surrender and go home
NO. That was fine for Germany and Italy but not for Japan. Japan needed to be humiliated and punished for their mistake in December of 1941. They needed to be reminded of their true place in the world. The fact that they are not STILL under US rule is disgusting in my mind.

WW2 strategy was logical enough. Gain enough air superiority to bomb at will and reduce the enemy's civilian population to zombies and their infrastructure to rubble with conventional weapons or nukes if that's what it takes. It worked to a small extent in Bill Clinton's bombing campaign in Yugoslavia but other than that it seems the killing of civilians even in a war where the enemy doesn't wear uniforms is a forgotten strategy. Instead we send out patrols to get shot up and then we hunker down and ask the pentagon (or the CIA) what do do next and then we blame the other political party for the stalemate.

The medical experiments on humans by Japan is what? Not worth stopping?
So, the atomic bombs were dropped in revenge for medical experiments? Do you have a link to a document indicating that as the specific justification for specifically targeting and killing civilians?

Let me help you.
Island of Okinawa:
77,166 Japanese soldiers dead[6]
over 30,000 Okinawan conscripts killed
~110,000 killed total

14,009[6]–20,195 Americans dead

• 12,520 killed in action[9]
38,000[10] to 55,162 wounded
That’s just an island. Now multiply to the mainland.
Imagine if there had never been a Battle of Okinawa.

Because they could not win.
The Japanese knew the war was lost when they lost most of their remaining navy and all their carriers and pilots at Leyte Gulf and they didn't try to surrender. The Japanese government firmly believed that Americans lacked the fortitude to accept casualties. They believed that on December 5th, 1941 and never reevaluated their misapprehension.

That is not true. Your superficial understanding of the conflict is the stuff of children.
In every battle the Japanese underestimated the American fightman's spirit. They always thought Yamato-damashii made them superior to the Americans.

That is not true. Your superficial understanding of the conflict is the stuff of children.
In every battle the Japanese underestimated the American fightman's spirit. They always thought Yamato-damashii made them superior to the Americans.
"I fear all we have done is to awaken a sleeping giant and fill him with a terrible resolve."

"In the first six to twelve months of a war with the United States and Great Britain I will run wild and win victory upon victory. But then, if the war continues after that, I have no expectation of success."

"Anyone who has seen the auto factories in Detroit and the oil fields in Texas knows that Japan lacks the national power for a naval race with America."

"To fight the United States is like fighting the whole world. But it has been decided. So I will fight the best I can."

"It is like a disease to think that an invincible status has been achieved after being satisfied with the past successful operations."

- Yamamoto

You watch too many cartoons.

Forum List

Back