Happy happy joy joy

AllieBaba

Rookie
Oct 2, 2007
So I have one window unit air conditioner for my house. It's perfectly sufficient most of the time. I got it last year after my mother and sister came for a couple of days and we had a heat wave and we ALL were sweltering. So as soon as they left I drove 90 miles and bought one and installed it (hey, guys, it's cool NOW! Come back!)

Well we're having a hot spell now, and the little thing just doesn't get the job done when it's not cooling off at night. If it gets cool at night, I just open my bedroom windown and put the fan in it, and close it up in the morning, and it stays cool all day. But if it's hot at night, it's useless.

My son and his family were here Sunday-Tuesday and again, we SWELTERED. They slept in my room the first night and the second night, they slept on the floor in the living room because it was just too hot.

So today I got ANOTHER AIR CONDITIONER for my room. It's humming away and it's making a huge difference.

Happiness and joy are mine.

Of course, now it's clouding up outside. Probably the heat wave is over. I don't care. I'm vegging in my room tonight and hopefully it will be a complete icebox.

• Thanks
Reactions: 007
So I have one window unit air conditioner for my house. It's perfectly sufficient most of the time. I got it last year after my mother and sister came for a couple of days and we had a heat wave and we ALL were sweltering. So as soon as they left I drove 90 miles and bought one and installed it (hey, guys, it's cool NOW! Come back!)

Well we're having a hot spell now, and the little thing just doesn't get the job done when it's not cooling off at night. If it gets cool at night, I just open my bedroom windown and put the fan in it, and close it up in the morning, and it stays cool all day. But if it's hot at night, it's useless.

My son and his family were here Sunday-Tuesday and again, we SWELTERED. They slept in my room the first night and the second night, they slept on the floor in the living room because it was just too hot.

So today I got ANOTHER AIR CONDITIONER for my room. It's humming away and it's making a huge difference.

Happiness and joy are mine.

Of course, now it's clouding up outside. Probably the heat wave is over. I don't care. I'm vegging in my room tonight and hopefully it will be a complete icebox.

Glad to hear you're happy Allie.

I meant to say in your other thread, BTW, all 4 of those Ken dolls in your avatar are totally gay, not just the last one. :lol:

I have my patio door open and my dining room windows open, I hardly ever use the A/C unless it's sweltering outside. I'm lucky the condo stays pretty cool.

But boy, I sure wish we had it at school. 780+ peeps sweating in a 75 year old building sure isn't fun!

Glad you and your kids are staying cool Allie!

Ice princesses--all of ya ! :lol:

My two AC units are in the cellar at the moment. It has been finally very hot this week so probably we'll put them in this weekend.

Right now it is nice and cool with the windows open. :cool:

• Banned
It was 105 in the morning the day before yesterday. 110 is common off and on through the summer. But mostly it's been pretty cool here. My house, despite it's tar-paper shack appearance, is mostly shaded by a couple of locust trees and stays fairly cool. But the more people, the more the doors get opened, the more heat generated, yada yada.

Add to my joy the fact the cleaning lady came today..and is coming tomorrow too! And my boy cleaned my bedroom while he was here! So now I can direct the cleaning lady to the mudroom (I would like to be able to get to my back door, that's my goal, before the end of summer.) and the kids' rooms.

My life is so tame.

• Banned
But I'm going to the beach for 4 glorious days in mid-august.

My two AC units are in the cellar at the moment. It has been finally very hot this week so probably we'll put them in this weekend.

Right now it is nice and cool with the windows open. :cool:

very hot-. Is that over 80 ? :lol:

:lol: Yes, I guess I should say very humid.

We've had A LOT of rain for months now and it's been finally getting hotter.

dont EVEN wanna hear it-----still in the 100s, no rain and STILL humid.

damn it gets over 70 i am turning my sad little wall unit on....it was not the smallest and cheapest one they had...its right next to it....runs on 110....for some reason man thinks i have a clue what they is....
but it does take off the humidity during the day....but most of the time we just open the doors....and turn on fans.....

over 100....that is just insane....

duckie..sorry to hear yall are still in drought conditions....we had drought for 2.5 years....and i know how tough it can be....

It's cool here at night, down in the low fifties. Probably high sixties, low seventies right now. Gotta get ready for work soon. Nice T-shirt weather.

Sorry you're in the frying pan AB, try to stay cool brother.

New Topics

Forum List

Back