Happy, Happy Dance!

Care4all

Warrior Princess
Mar 24, 2007
Maine
We have lived here for 4 years with no dsl or cable broadband internet access available to us....

We have had to spend $60 bucks plus a month for a slow 500kbs connection with Verizon wireless, only allowing 5G's a month in access and if you went over such, then HUGE charges came....one month when I was posting youtube songs on this site, without realizing the usage and Matt was using an rss feed for a Fantasy Football league he was in, our bill came to $248 bucks for the month!!!! :eek:

Anyway, on the corner of the main country street near our house, was a handmade sign posted from Fairpoint, (our landline phone company) stating that they were offering dsl in our region....I did not want to get excited because the corner of our country road, (about a mile and a half from our home) was the intersection of a State road highway and just presumed that Fairpoint would tell us ONCE AGAIN, that it did not include our street.....

But this morning.....I heard the Music of Angels...ahhh, ahhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhh.....

Fairpoint is offering dsl for my street!!!!!!! Holy Moley, mother of goodness! It is going to cost 11 bucks a month for the first 6 months then it is going to go up to $21 bucks thereafter and it is for unlimited usage and it is going to be at a 600% faster speed!!!!!!!!!

Joy to the World, dsl has come!!!! Let Earth receive her speed....! :woohoo::woohoo::dance::dance::happy-1::happy-1:

anin.gif

http://lee.org/reading/general/Hampsterdance/

:lol: Yay! That's great! Good price too!

I am soooo Happy, I just can't stand it! :D GREAT PRICE....and future great savings, compared to Verizon Wireless!

We really had given up HOPE of ever getting it!

We have lived here for 4 years with no dsl or cable broadband internet access available to us....

We have had to spend $60 bucks plus a month for a slow 500kbs connection with Verizon wireless, only allowing 5G's a month in access and if you went over such, then HUGE charges came....one month when I was posting youtube songs on this site, without realizing the usage and Matt was using an rss feed for a Fantasy Football league he was in, our bill came to $248 bucks for the month!!!! :eek:

Anyway, on the corner of the main country street near our house, was a handmade sign posted from Fairpoint, (our landline phone company) stating that they were offering dsl in our region....I did not want to get excited because the corner of our country road, (about a mile and a half from our home) was the intersection of a State road highway and just presumed that Fairpoint would tell us ONCE AGAIN, that it did not include our street.....

But this morning.....I heard the Music of Angels...ahhh, ahhhh, ahhhhhhhhhhh.....

Fairpoint is offering dsl for my street!!!!!!! Holy Moley, mother of goodness! It is going to cost 11 bucks a month for the first 6 months then it is going to go up to $21 bucks thereafter and it is for unlimited usage and it is going to be at a 600% faster speed!!!!!!!!!

Joy to the World, dsl has come!!!! Let Earth receive her speed....! :woohoo::woohoo::dance::dance::happy-1::happy-1:

It took us two years after we moved thru at&t. Not near as good as deal. Happy for ya!

Amazing how such a small thing, can make a person so happy!!! :lol:
if you are a mile and a half from the telco CO, then you should get pretty good speeds
get out over 2 miles and it drops off

i don't know where the telephone company is headquartered....probably Bangor for this region....so a good 30 miles maybe? The state road intersection and US1 are about a mile and a half from my home!

ANYTHING has to be faster than my verizon wireless broadband connection here!!! Still not even close to my super super fast connection we left in Massachusetts....but the unlimited usage with dsl is a real plus!

Amazing how such a small thing, can make a person so happy!!! :lol:
if you are a mile and a half from the telco CO, then you should get pretty good speeds

i don't know where the telephone company is headquartered....probably Bangor for this region....so a good 30 miles maybe? The state road intersection and US1 are about a mile and a half from my home!

ANYTHING has to be faster than my verizon wireless broadband connection here!!! Still not even close to my super super fast connection we left in Massachusetts....but the unlimited usage with dsl is a real plus!
LOL not the company HQ, care, the local telco CO(central office) where they have the local switches for your service
for Richmond it is in the down town area in what looks like a garage LOL

LOL not the company HQ, care, the local telco CO(central office) where they have the local switches for your service

still have no idea where their offices are??? i am gonna google that now....

still have no idea where their offices are??? i am gonna google that now....
Broadband/CO Finder.. | DSLReports.com, ISP Information

That's awsome Care! Now you can ban with lightening speed! :lol:

3 LONG weeks LATER,

FINALLY a CELEBRATION!!!!

AMAZING speed....!!!!!!

the youtube videos started playing when i clicked on them! Holy Moly, mother of goodness!

:dance::dance::dance:

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum List

Back