Happy Hanukkah

syrenn

Rookie
May 10, 2010
Happy Hanukkah

happyH.jpg

Yes, Happy Hanukkah to our Jewish friends... :clap2:

chanukah-boop1.jpg

Every year I'm confused by all the different spellings, but have a good one! :lol:

8 craaazy nights! :eusa_dance:

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d1sf5yqZX-k]ADAM SANDLER - CHANUKAH (HANUKKAH) SONG [PART 3] - YouTube[/ame]

If this isn't an official Hannukah song, it should be.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INgXzChwipY]The Smiths - There is a light that never goes out - YouTube[/ame]

we get presents, right?

Dradle, dradle, dradle...

Yes, I believe you get 8 days of gifts, or maybe 8 dradles, I'm not sure... :lol:

images

And Happy Solstice to you, bones! I left you a gift the other day in the gift thread...

Last edited:
Hanukkah-night-1.jpg

This spirited celebration of Hanukkah, however, is not an entirely new phenomenon. The Talmud, a compendium of Jewish law that was redacted in the 5th century, considers Hanukkah to be a very significant holiday. The Talmud describes “publicizing the miracle” of the oil as a guiding principle of Hanukkah. When the ancient Temple in Jerusalem was rededicated, after having been desecrated by the Greeks, only one flask of proper oil remained in the temple. Miraculously, this tiny flask of oil fueled the temple’s menorah for eight nights. This epic event took place even before the advent of hybrids!

A hand for Hanukkah - Guest Voices - The Washington Post

dreidel dreidel dreidel we made you of clay......
dreidel, dreidel dreidel with you we will play....

a friend of mine would always sing this little song.....

This thread makes me hungry for latkes.

i just made a batch for my son. ;)

I have decided to make some tomorrow night. My daughter's boyfriend is half Jewish, and my son's girlfriend is 100% Jewish. They are both coming for dinner. It's as good an excuse as any.

Like the Christians, I've decided to adopt any traditions I enjoy and incorporate them into my holiday festivities. Why not? :D

Also...Happy Hanukkah. May your inner light never be dimmed.

(give a heathen a tip: what is the proper spelling? I see Hanukkah, Chanukah, etc.)

This thread makes me hungry for latkes.

i just made a batch for my son. ;)

I have decided to make some tomorrow night. My daughter's boyfriend is half Jewish, and my son's girlfriend is 100% Jewish. They are both coming for dinner. It's as good an excuse as any.

Like the Christians, I've decided to adopt any traditions I enjoy and incorporate them into my holiday festivities. Why not? :D

Also...Happy Hanukkah. May your inner light never be dimmed.

(give a heathen a tip: what is the proper spelling? I see Hanukkah, Chanukah, etc.)

it's
white-black-chanukah-hebrew-shadow-baby-shirts.png

:)

actually, i write chanukah, but anything is pretty much ok. lol.. most people say hanukkah or the like b/c they can't pronounce the "ch" )

no problem adapting what you like. enjoy! and have a great holiday season.

Last edited:

New Topics

Forum List

Back