Happy Halloween!

Solace

Rookie
Oct 29, 2010
Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you have a good one. What are you doing for Halloween this year? I'm going to see Paranormal Activity 2. I also might play the GameCube remake of Resident Evil, Dead Space, or Resident Evil 0.

Happy Halloween everyone! Hope you have a good one. What are you doing for Halloween this year? I'm going to see Paranormal Activity 2. I also might play the GameCube remake of Resident Evil, Dead Space, or Resident Evil 0.

O, I heard PA 2 is fabulous! Good for you! I am housekeeping today, as I have people coming soon. Tonight I'll be doing the handing out candy thingie and then we're supposed to go see a movie but it depends.

Tomorrow I am taking whatever pennies I have left and buying at the 50% off Halloween decor sales. This is my favorite holiday. I actually scored this flamingo for my front porch, LOL.....

1738651536_173f18a954.jpg

It is interesting, the numerous holidays concerning death that occur around this time.

When I lived in Sicily relatives used to visit the graves of their departed love ones on November 1, even bring food, it was almost a picnic.

We need more cemetery celebrations.

I for one love the cemeteries world.

As well as the obvious reflections and lessons they induce about the brevity of life they can be quite beautiful.

One of my favorite cemeteries was in Sicily. It is at the top of a hill looking down on the town, there is a Norman tower in ruin next to its walls. The tombs are elaborate, as most Italian graves are with pictures of the departed.

A friend and I used to go up there late and night, drink Vino Corvo (The Crow) and then tell humorous stories about how each person died based on their picture.

“Hemorrhoids and too much gnocchi can kill, this is my story...”

Forum List

Back