Happy Hal-Thanks-Mas!

ABikerSailor

Diamond Member
Aug 26, 2008
Newberry, SC
I'm putting this in current events because it happened to me today...................

Well, today is Halloween, and I thought I should get a bit extra candy because the weather is really nice today, meaning there are going to be lots of urchins tonight.

Well, went to Wal Mart to get some other things, and thought that I would get some candy on my trip as well. When I got to the candy aisle, yes, there was candy there, but it WAS ALL CHRISTMAS CANDY!!!! Had all the candy wrapped in snowmen, christmas trees and the like. Not a single piece of Halloween candy to be found on Oct 31st.

It's getting to the point where all the holidays are melding into one another because of the businesses pushing up the date earlier and earlier each year, so, in light of the new holiday that is being created by businesses and corporate greed.............................

HAPPY HAL-THANKS-MAS!

By the way people, if you want to know who is responsible for the War on Christmas, it's the big businesses that are commercializing everything from mid Oct to mid Dec.

I'm putting this in current events because it happened to me today...................

Well, today is Halloween, and I thought I should get a bit extra candy because the weather is really nice today, meaning there are going to be lots of urchins tonight.

Well, went to Wal Mart to get some other things, and thought that I would get some candy on my trip as well. When I got to the candy aisle, yes, there was candy there, but it WAS ALL CHRISTMAS CANDY!!!! Had all the candy wrapped in snowmen, christmas trees and the like. Not a single piece of Halloween candy to be found on Oct 31st.

It's getting to the point where all the holidays are melding into one another because of the businesses pushing up the date earlier and earlier each year, so, in light of the new holiday that is being created by businesses and corporate greed.............................

HAPPY HAL-THANKS-MAS!

This isn't a new phenomenon.

Retailers have been pushing Xmas items into the stores earlier and earlier since the Baby Boomers were in cloth diapers and safety pins.

HAPPY HAL-THANKS-MAS!

Yeah that sucks. There are even Christmas movies on TV and they've been on for weeks now. I think it's the Hallmark channel or some shit that I rarely watch but I see it flipping by. Of course all the movies on most channels now are the B rated and worse horror flicks just because it's Halloween.

HAPPY HAL-THANKS-MAS!

Yeah that sucks. There are even Christmas movies on TV and they've been on for weeks now. I think it's the Hallmark channel or some shit that I rarely watch but I see it flipping by. Of course all the movies on most channels now are the B rated and worse horror flicks just because it's Halloween.

Shoot.................Hallmark Channel was running a "Christmas in July" special this summer. But, summer is when some of my other shows on the cable channels come on so I wasn't bummed.

But, like I said, today on Oct 31st, I had to go to United Supermarket to get Halloween candy because the local Wal Mart had nothing but Christmas candy. What I thought was strange was that when they want to get rid of stuff, they usually post it near the front door, but there wasn't any Halloween candy there either.

HAPPY HAL-THANKS-MAS!
Unless there wasn't anything left, the Halloween loot was probably just in another spot since the holiday was almost out of here.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

I love Halloween!

527105051b83e.preview-1024.jpg

HAPPY HAL-THANKS-MAS!
Unless there wasn't anything left, the Halloween loot was probably just in another spot since the holiday was almost out of here.

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wrong. I had been to WalMart the day before and saw scads of Halloween candy all over the place. That was on Oct 30th, and when the weather was nice on the 31st, I figured I needed more candy, and thought WalMart would still have it since they had so much on the 30th.

But no. They emptied all the candy out of the store. There wasn't a single piece of Halloween candy anywhere, it had all been replaced by Christmas candy. Every last bag I saw had some kind of Christmas theme on it. And, to tell you the truth, I actually thought about buying the Christmas candy and handing it out, but I figured that the parents would freak out thinking it was from last year, so I went to United and got some Halloween candy.

This thread sounds like a 'Festivus' celebration.

Well, if you think about it, the businesses pushing up Christmas season earlier and earlier each year, it's almost as ridiculous as Festivus.

Matter of fact, this afternoon on Inside Edition (yeah, sometimes I like their human interest stories), they showed a video of Mariah Carey where she went to bed at 11:59 on Oct 31st, and then her phone rang at 12:01 on Nov 1st, and it was from Santa Clause, and she joyously announced it was time for Christmas.

Hey Mariah, we still gotta make it through Thanksgiving.

HAPPY HAL-THANKS-MAS!

God bless you always!!!

Holly

Wrong. I had been to WalMart the day before and saw scads of Halloween candy all over the place. That was on Oct 30th, and when the weather was nice on the 31st, I figured I needed more candy, and thought WalMart would still have it since they had so much on the 30th.

But no. They emptied all the candy out of the store. There wasn't a single piece of Halloween candy anywhere, it had all been replaced by Christmas candy. Every last bag I saw had some kind of Christmas theme on it. And, to tell you the truth, I actually thought about buying the Christmas candy and handing it out, but I figured that the parents would freak out thinking it was from last year, so I went to United and got some Halloween candy.
That was a good move not getting the new Christmas loot because of everyone else thinking that it was old. When I am at the store, I am always looking at the dates on whatever I buy.

God bless you always!!!

HOlly

Forum List

Back