Happy Easter

R

rcajun90

I've had some time today to reflect on my religion ( I'm a Roman Catholic ) and the problems of today. I don't know a lot about Islam but I do know that both the Christian and Islamic faith are born from the Jewish religion. It is time for a true Islamic cleric and Jewish Rabbih ( sorry for spelling ) to come forth like the Pope to condem all this violence and hatred in the name of God. We are all worshiping the sam supreme being we just believe in different messengers. If God came back today those political Islamic clerics would be scurrying for the caves of Torra Bora. I guess I'm just a dreamer.

I'm all for world peace. I'm also for me winning the lottery.

The confusion arises thusly: it's not religion. It's race. Jews, Christians and Muslims are representatives of different racial groups. That's intractable. Nothin' you can do. But recognize this reality and deal with it.

Originally posted by rcajun90
I've had some time today to reflect on my religion ( I'm a Roman Catholic ) and the problems of today. I don't know a lot about Islam but I do know that both the Christian and Islamic faith are born from the Jewish religion.

Actually, not true.

The islamic faith originates from a pagan moon-god worshipping cult. It makes its claims using a lineage REFERENCING Biblical persons, but so do other cults.

The Christian faith is not Jewish in origin either. The Old Testament may have been held by Jews, but Gentiles are holding a faith created by God from the creation of Adam. Gentiles would believe in a relationship with Christ being our salvation. This was in effect since Adam was first created. Complete Jewish faith came about later by way of tradition. In fact, some Jews focus ONLY on traditional ritualistic practices and forget the faith altogether. Some gentile cults do this too- like catholics who pray to the dead and ritualistically involve rosaries.

You could call Christianity as encompassing Jewish faith but only when Jewish faith includes the relationship since some that don't encompass mysticism.

It is time for a true Islamic cleric and Jewish Rabbih ( sorry for spelling ) to come forth like the Pope to condem all this violence and hatred in the name of God.

I agree. He is called the antichrist. Ever heard of him? Revelation shows him to be a rather important figure.

We are all worshiping the sam supreme being we just believe in different messengers.

-Which proves you have no belief in catholocism as you claim. Catholics do not believe this. Muslims do not believe this. Christians do not believe this. Which cult are you a part of?

If God came back today those political Islamic clerics would be scurrying for the caves of Torra Bora. I guess I'm just a dreamer.

Actually it is the Jews that will be scurrying into another batch of caves. You really SHOULD read revelation. It gives you the blueprint for your hopes.

>First of all who are you to tell me that I'm not a Catholic. I'm a church going Catholic that actually taught religion for a year. Trust me I'm Catholic. BTW I'm Cuban and Irish, its not like I had a choice in the matter. <:D

Catholics believe in the Holy Trinity. We believed that Jesus was the manifestation of God on Earth. He was the father, son and holy ghost.

>The islamic faith originates from a pagan moon-god worshipping cult. It makes its claims using a lineage REFERENCING Biblical persons, but so do other cults.<

Like I stated my knowledge of Islam is limited and I do know they were worshiping the Ka'ba long before muhammad. But Gabriel the exact angel mentioned in the bible visited Muhammad and they reconginize that Jesus was a prohphet.

>The Christian faith is not Jewish in origin either. The Old Testament may have been held by Jews, but Gentiles are holding a faith created by God from the creation of Adam. Gentiles would believe in a relationship with Christ being our salvation. This was in effect since Adam was first created. Complete Jewish faith came about later by way of tradition. In fact, some Jews focus ONLY on traditional ritualistic practices and forget the faith altogether. Some gentile cults do this too- like catholics who pray to the dead and ritualistically involve rosaries.<

How can you say the Christian faith didn't come from the Jewish faith? Jesus was a Jew. I will reframe from getting into a finger pointing Jihad here but please remember that the Catholic church was the first Christian church. So all these Christian churches are based on what you have called a cult.

I've had some time today to reflect on my religion ( I'm a Roman Catholic ) and the problems of today. I don't know a lot about Islam but I do know that both the Christian and Islamic faith are born from the Jewish religion. It is time for a true Islamic cleric and Jewish Rabbih ( sorry for spelling ) to come forth like the Pope to condem all this violence and hatred in the name of God. We are all worshiping the sam supreme being we just believe in different messengers. If God came back today those political Islamic clerics would be scurrying for the caves of Torra Bora. I guess I'm just a dreamer.

I think most people are o.k. with the other religeons,except for the radical Muslims. Most people don't feel the need to blow people up because they don't believe in the same religeous ideals. Granted,there are radicals in every religeons,but most don't take it as far as these radicals and start WW3.

>First of all who are you to tell me that I'm not a Catholic. I'm a church going Catholic that actually taught religion for a year. Trust me I'm Catholic. BTW I'm Cuban and Irish, its not like I had a choice in the matter. <:D
Obviously, I am someone who knows your own faith better than you. Catholocism does not teach that there is any god other than Christ as you just admitted, yet you claim that all religions believe in the SAME god. This is contradictory. If catholocism is taught to you, you are taught that IT -THROUGH THE CHURCH- is the only real way to salvation and the ONLY god is the God of the Bible.

-If you were Catholic, you would know that. Teaching religion for a year, especially.

Catholics believe in the Holy Trinity. We believed that Jesus was the manifestation of God on Earth. He was the father, son and holy ghost.
Ummmmm. Yeah. -Again you prove my point. If you believe this, you cannot believe the other faiths are valid as scripture would dictate.

Like I stated my knowledge of Islam is limited and I do know they were worshiping the Ka'ba long before muhammad. But Gabriel the exact angel mentioned in the bible visited Muhammad and they reconginize that Jesus was a prohphet.

They CLAIM Jesus was a prohet and reference Gabriel, but that does not make the koran scripture. I can claim that God talks to me, but if I muder thousands, and claim God told me to do it, does that make it so? It needs to be tried against scripture as scripture demands. The koran does not line up with or even simulate any form of Biblical teachings. There isn't even any prophecy in it to prove devine origin.

As a teacher of religion and being a catholic, you should know what your own Bible says on how to treat other false gods.

How can you say the Christian faith didn't come from the Jewish faith? Jesus was a Jew. I will reframe from getting into a finger pointing Jihad here but please remember that the Catholic church was the first Christian church. So all these Christian churches are based on what you have called a cult.

How can Isay that? I read the Bible which apparently you don't. Interesting you default to the catholic church being the first church. If that were true, then Christ's followers would not have existed, as THEY were the first church. We could get into catholocisms false teachings and so forth, but you are really using this as a diversionary tactic to avoid the point I made. If you think all faiths came from Jewish faith, and the catholic church was the first church, then you do not believe catholic teachings that Jews are not saved.

By your cliam, catholocism is either valid and sprang up by its self or the Jews are catholics and had church before your claim of catholics first forming a church. Either way you don't have any sense of what you believe and catholocism disagrees withyou so you cannot possibly be catholic.

>Obviously, I am someone who knows your own faith better than you. Catholocism does not teach that there is any god other than Christ as you just admitted, yet you claim that all religions believe in the SAME god. This is contradictory. If catholocism is taught to you, you are taught that IT -THROUGH THE CHURCH- is the only real way to salvation and the ONLY god is the God of the Bible.

-If you were Catholic, you would know that. Teaching religion for a year, especially.<

I'm a Catholic and I'm sorry to tell you you are wrong. Catholics believe that Jesus was the manifestation of God on Earth. It is part of the "Holy Trinity" that is the core of Catholic faith. When we take the host during mass it is suppose to be the actual body of Christ.

>Ummmmm. Yeah. -Again you prove my point. If you believe this, you cannot believe the other faiths are valid as scripture would dictate.<

Your problem is you keep refering to the Bible which is a big difference between protestant and Catholic faith. Catholics rely much more on tradition then the Bible. In theory and this isn't taught in the Church but the Jews, Musilums and Christains are worshiping the same God. I asked my priest this question when I was teaching CCD because kids often asked if a good Hindu or Buddist would make it to heavan. The priest told me that they would enter the gates of heavan.

>They CLAIM Jesus was a prohet and reference Gabriel, but that does not make the koran scripture. I can claim that God talks to me, but if I muder thousands, and claim God told me to do it, does that make it so? It needs to be tried against scripture as scripture demands. The koran does not line up with or even simulate any form of Biblical teachings. There isn't even any prophecy in it to prove devine origin.

As a teacher of religion and being a catholic, you should know what your own Bible says on how to treat other false gods.<

Like I said my knowledge of Islam is limited but if you pickup any world history textbook you will see they attribute the Jewish faith the beginnings of Christanity and later Islam. A prohet is simply a messanger of God. Thus Islam acknowledges Jesus as a messenger but the messiah. As far as worshiping false gods if Muhommad, Jesus and Mosses were prohets of God then we are not worshiping false gods but the same God.

quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

>How can Isay that? I read the Bible which apparently you don't. Interesting you default to the catholic church being the first church. If that were true, then Christ's followers would not have existed, as THEY were the first church. We could get into catholocisms false teachings and so forth, but you are really using this as a diversionary tactic to avoid the point I made. If you think all faiths came from Jewish faith, and the catholic church was the first church, then you do not believe catholic teachings that Jews are not saved.<

Okay now we are getting into a religious war. I really don't care what you believe that is your right. You have some basic misunderstandings of the Catholic Church and its traditions. I'm not saying your beliefs are wrong nor am I trying to convert you. If you are a good Christain, Muslium, Buddist, Hindu etc. then you are a good person and that's good enough for me.

>By your cliam, catholocism is either valid and sprang up by its self or the Jews are catholics and had church before your claim of catholics first forming a church. Either way you don't have any sense of what you believe and catholocism disagrees withyou so you cannot possibly be catholic.<

Okay I can't let that go without a response. Fact one, Jesus was a Jew. Fact two, the apostles of Jesus start the first first christan church the Catholic Church. Fact three, the Catholic Church splits over the issue of idols into the Orthodox and Roman Catholic church. Fact four, the Roman Catholic church splits during the Protestant Reformation led by Martin Luther. That is the start of the Protestant churches. Pickup a World History textbook and you will see that chronological order of the Christain faith. Again if you don't believe this that is fine with me. This is my beliefs. I don't like being called a liar. I'm a Catholic.:confused:

>Obviously, I am someone who knows your own faith better than you. Catholocism does not teach that there is any god other than Christ as you just admitted, yet you claim that all religions believe in the SAME god. This is contradictory. If catholocism is taught to you, you are taught that IT -THROUGH THE CHURCH- is the only real way to salvation and the ONLY god is the God of the Bible.

-If you were Catholic, you would know that. Teaching religion for a year, especially.<

I'm a Catholic and I'm sorry to tell you you are wrong. Catholics believe that Jesus was the manifestation of God on Earth. It is part of the "Holy Trinity" that is the core of Catholic faith. When we take the host during mass it is suppose to be the actual body of Christ.

Now you are lost in your own original point. You tell me I am wrong on your statement and then prove my point for me. Do you even remember the point?

>Ummmmm. Yeah. -Again you prove my point. If you believe this, you cannot believe the other faiths are valid as scripture would dictate.<

Your problem is you keep refering to the Bible which is a big difference between protestant and Catholic faith. Catholics rely much more on tradition then the Bible.
Which is going against scripture in the first place.
In theory and this isn't taught in the Church but the Jews, Musilums and Christains are worshiping the same God.
Ok. So it isn't taught, and isn't in the Bible. That makes it your own created fiction and proves my entire point once again.

We could stop right here.
I asked my priest this question when I was teaching CCD because kids often asked if a good Hindu or Buddist would make it to heavan. The priest told me that they would enter the gates of heavan.
By that account, the church and all of its cultic rituals of pennance and so forth need not exist. I guess you have no need for Mary anymore.

>
Like I said my knowledge of Islam is limited but if you pickup any world history textbook you will see they attribute the Jewish faith the beginnings of Christanity and later Islam.
That is your problem. You give the works of man more weight than the works of God. That is the only way to prove your self-created fiction.

A prohet is simply a messanger of God.
No, actually they SPEAK the WORD of God as well.. -hence the word "prophecy".
Thus Islam acknowledges Jesus as a messenger but the messiah.
You just said you didn't know much about the Islam. You now make up evidence to prove your point that isn't even IN the koran. You ought to read it before making up evidence to prove your point. At least it would be SEMI-believable.

As far as worshiping false gods if Muhommad, Jesus and Mosses were prohets of God then we are not worshiping false gods but the same God.

Yeah. If I wrote a story about these prophets,and made up my own dialog, that makes MY book the word of God spoken by those three also right? Gimme a break!

Okay now we are getting into a religious war.
No, you are just finally entering something for which you have some semblance of evidence for supporting your point.

I really don't care what you believe that is your right. You have some basic misunderstandings of the Catholic Church and its traditions.
Ummm. I can bring your own catholic written documentation to the table. Can you?

I'm not saying your beliefs are wrong nor am I trying to convert you. If you are a good Christain, Muslium, Buddist, Hindu etc. then you are a good person and that's good enough for me.

Again, in complete defiance of Biblical text, the word of God, and the pope. -(As if he even mattered).

>By your cliam, catholocism is either valid and sprang up by its self or the Jews are catholics and had church before your claim of catholics first forming a church. Either way you don't have any sense of what you believe and catholocism disagrees withyou so you cannot possibly be catholic.<

Okay I can't let that go without a response. Fact one, Jesus was a Jew.
Yep.
Fact two, the apostles of Jesus start the first first christan church the Catholic Church.
If you want to define church that way, then yes. However, followers of christ and faith and salvation existed prior, hence the undermining of the claimed necessity of catholocism.
Fact three, the Catholic Church splits over the issue of idols into the Orthodox and Roman Catholic church.
Making the authority of the church invalid.
Fact four, the Roman Catholic church splits during the Protestant Reformation led by Martin Luther. That is the start of the Protestant churches. Pickup a World History textbook and you will see that chronological order of the Christain faith.
Define faith and define church. By your definition of church, and anyones definition of faith, they are not the same. Christian faith existed when God created Adam. By your admission, the catholic church existed after Jesus appeared. Make up your mind. -Which way do you want it?
Again if you don't believe this that is fine with me. This is my beliefs. I don't like being called a liar. I'm a Catholic.:confused:
Then don't lie.

Vaya con dios. I have no use to get into a religious flame with you. Believe what you want.

Vaya con dios. I have no use to get into a religious flame with you. Believe what you want.

No. I do not believe what I want. Unlike your moral relativity, mine is fixed. The Bible is proven God's word. As such, I am bound to it's authority. What I want plays no part. If I did what I want I would be dead. Choosing what you want to believe makes no difference in a game of someone elses rules and design.

-And, I would like you NOT to get into a "flame with me". Since I was merely pointing to what you believe -since you were deceptive. That is no reason to get irrational.

Originally posted by NewGuy
No. I do not believe what I want. Unlike your moral relativity, mine is fixed. The Bible is proven God's word. As such, I am bound to it's authority. What I want plays no part. If I did what I want I would be dead. Choosing what you want to believe makes no difference in a game of someone elses rules and design.

I'm not choosing what to believe in. What I have posted are the teachings of the church.

-And, I would like you NOT to get into a "flame with me". Since I was merely pointing to what you believe -since you were deceptive. That is no reason to get irrational.

No deception tried here, I simply stated the beliefs of the Catholic Church.

After reading many of your post NewGuy, I know that you are the kind of person that goes exactly by the book, and I say to each his own, but you are way off what us Catholics believe. We don't read the bible like protestants do, in fact many priests will tell you that you shouldn't read the bible unless you have a strong background in theology because you will misinterpret it and get it wrong.

If you ask almost any of our priests, they will tell you that hindus and buddhist go to heaven as long as they follow their own doctorine, the church has quit trying to convert other christian beliefs and jews.

Most of these huge changes came after Vatican II in the 60s, so some of what you are saying of the Roman Catholic church you might have learned before Vatican II.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew
After reading many of your post NewGuy, I know that you are the kind of person that goes exactly by the book, and I say to each his own, but you are way off what us Catholics believe. We don't read the bible like protestants do, in fact many priests will tell you that you shouldn't read the bible unless you have a strong background in theology because you will misinterpret it and get it wrong.

With respect and goodwill to all, I must say that my reasons for being an ex-Roman Catholic are numerous. However, I will list only one:

I believe that the Bible is the living word of God, meant to nourish and enlighten us all-not some obscure reference book to be pored over by the privileged few.

A belated Happy Easter to all.

Originally posted by musicman
With respect and goodwill to all, I must say that my reasons for being an ex-Roman Catholic are numerous. However, I will list only one:

I believe that the Bible is the living word of God, meant to nourish and enlighten us all-not some obscure reference book to be pored over by the privileged few.

A belated Happy Easter to all.

No problem with that. Although I'm a practicing Catholic, there are certain things about the Church in particular the parish I live in now that I have problems with. I came from a very rural parish were there was no presurre to donate to the church. My current parish is operated liked a business and everyone is expected to donate 10%. They have all kinds of financing options. Find a religion that speaks to your soul and try to live a good life and you are alright in my book.

Originally posted by Palestinian Jew

I agree with your statement -ALMOST. What you have just stated has always been my understanding, and until recently was undisputed fact. Recently, (the last 20 years or so), there have been numerous catholic churches springing up which blend the practices and concepts of the Born-again's with catholocism resulting in Bible reading and studying by the people individually. This results in 2 camps of catholics and undermines the pope, church, and all supposed authority and infalibility when taken into account if all are catholic OR Christian.

If you ask almost any of our priests, they will tell you that hindus and buddhist go to heaven as long as they follow their own doctorine, the church has quit trying to convert other christian beliefs and jews.

Most of these huge changes came after Vatican II in the 60s, so some of what you are saying of the Roman Catholic church you might have learned before Vatican II.

Exactly my point. Vatican II has been the root cause of all of this. I understand your point and thank you for bringing it up, as others may be unaware. The simple point is that either one is catholic and believes as you have just represented, or one is like a born-again and still uses catholocism in a blend. -Either way, if the church is to have any foundation at all, having these 2 parts unified is impossible.

Also, RE: Vatican II, which most people areunaware of, ties into Revelation quite nicely. As revelation talks about the revived Roman empire coming back to put forth a peacemaker who will become an anti-christ who uses a false prophet as well, itbeccomes quite clear, and can be proven beyond any doubt that the one-world religion WILL BE roman catholocism and utilize muslim law.

As you have stated, vatican II is what has made this possible.

>Exactly my point. Vatican II has been the root cause of all of this. I understand your point and thank you for bringing it up, as others may be unaware. The simple point is that either one is catholic and believes as you have just represented, or one is like a born-again and still uses catholocism in a blend. -Either way, if the church is to have any foundation at all, having these 2 parts unified is impossible.<

I thought your original point was to say I'm not a Catholic which is an insult at least to me and a little silly. There are some variations of the Catholic faith and different orders of priests. There are charismatic churches that rival the spirit of an African – American protestant church with singing and dancing. There are many core beliefs that make a church Catholic such as communion and confession etc.

>Also, RE: Vatican II, which most people areunaware of, ties into Revelation quite nicely. As revelation talks about the revived Roman empire coming back to put forth a peacemaker who will become an anti-christ who uses a false prophet as well, itbeccomes quite clear, and can be proven beyond any doubt that the one-world religion WILL BE roman catholocism and utilize muslim law.<

There's hardly a Catholic that isn't aware of the changes that Vatican II made to the church. I still remember Latin masses. You are starting to sound like you don't like Catholics.

There's hardly a Catholic that isn't aware of the changes that Vatican II made to the church. I still remember Latin masses. You are starting to sound like you don't like Catholics.

1. You can't make up your mind which theology you Do believe in. That much has been proven.

2. I like catholics and non-catholics equally just I like satanists andnon-satanists equally, or hippies and non-hippies, Jews and non-Jews, etc.....

Take your pick. People are people. We have more in common than we have differences. I do not hate them.

With "catholocism", as I said, I have no problem with catholics.

I hate and despise their ritualistic practices of praying to the dead, stealing wealth of millions, falsely portaying themselves as infallible and being the only way to God.

I despise their false preaching and their lies. I despise their timeless history of torturing and killing all those who oppose wether physically or spiritually.

I despise everything they stand for as they become the prophets of a false one-world religion and usher in an antichrist form their homeland who, partnering with the EU, will enslave the world and mark each person as a follower or behead them.

I hate and despise every one of these sins and practices and beliefs with every fiber of my core.

I will opose them until I die.

>1. You can't make up your mind which theology you Do believe in. That much has been proven.

Do you have a learning disability? My theology is right on with the Catholic Church. I'm an active member of my local parish.

>2. I like catholics and non-catholics equally just I like satanists andnon-satanists equally, or hippies and non-hippies, Jews and non-Jews, etc.....<

You like satanists? I can't say I've ever meet one but anyone that worships the prince of darkness can't be a very good person.

>Take your pick. People are people. We have more in common than we have differences. I do not hate them.<

I have a lot of differences with Satanists. I kind of like good over evil.

>With "catholocism", as I said, I have no problem with catholics.<

Good but the things you post suggest you do.

>I hate and despise their ritualistic practices of praying to the dead, stealing wealth of millions, falsely portaying themselves as infallible and being the only way to God.<

I never said that if you weren't Catholic you were going to hell. In fact I stated correctly that the Catholic belief was that a good Buddist, Hindu and Muslium etc. will make it.

>I despise their false preaching and their lies. I despise their timeless history of torturing and killing all those who oppose wether physically or spiritually.<

The Catholic Church was guilty of this stuff during the Middle Ages but I'm unaware of us trying to convert people using the sword lately.

>I despise everything they stand for as they become the prophets of a false one-world religion and usher in an antichrist form their homeland who, partnering with the EU, will enslave the world and mark each person as a follower or behead them.<

I'm not quite following you here. Unless you are trying to say that the EU has allied itself with the terrorist Islamic fundamentalists which I don't believe. Many European radicals that want to see the death of America may have but I've seen nothing official from any European state.

>I hate and despise every one of these sins and practices and beliefs with every fiber of my core.

I will opose them until I die.<

Again you don't define who they are. If you are talking about Islamic fundamentalist hell bent on an Islamic world then I agree with you. Geez all I did was wish everyone a happy Easter and hope that true religious leaders would come foward especially in the Islamic world and lead the people peace and love for the their fellow man as all of the major religions have as their core beliefs.

The Catholic Church was guilty of this stuff during the Middle Ages but I'm unaware of us trying to convert people using the sword lately.

kinda off topic:

How do you reconcile the conversion of Native Americans a few hundred years ago to Christianity by force?

Forum List

Back