Happy Days Aren't Here Again

Kevin_Kennedy

Defend Liberty
Aug 27, 2008
Have you heard the great news? The recession is over! It’s true; I saw it on TV. Why fret about growing unemployment lines when banks are paying big-time bonuses again?

Proof of the turn was apparently revealed by the 2nd quarter GDP figures that showed that the economy declined by only 1%. After four consecutive quarters of negative GDP, the green shoots now assure that growth will resume over the summer. But before we pop the corks, it may be worthwhile to ask, “what really has changed, and what is responsible for our new lease on life?”

Happy Days Aren’t Here Again by Peter Schiff

another good article by peter.. you just know it is all about IMAGE and getting folks to BELIEVE that it's a new day and things have begun to GET BETTER! (i wish it was true.. sadly it AIN'T!):redface:

Yes we should let the same market forces (read masters) who screwed this economy up, continue to screw it (and us) up even more.

Call it "creative destruction" and bob's our uncle, we can all pretend that losing tens of millions of jobs is a good thing.

Yes we should let the same market forces (read masters) who screwed this economy up, continue to screw it (and us) up even more.
Call it "creative destruction" and bob's our uncle, we can all pretend that losing tens of millions of jobs is a good thing.
You mean Barney Frank and Chris Dodd?

The economy seems to be bottoming out but no one is talking about job creation. Obamas' plan for paying off the deficit relies on gangbuster growth like in the Bush years. No one I know of is forecasting numbers like that.

Actually, that's the opposite of what Peter Schiff was saying. Considering it wasn't the free market that got us into this mess.

Have you heard the great news? The recession is over! It’s true; I saw it on TV.

Yes. I've heard the news... Hope you aren't buying into it. Sooner or later it's going to be time to pay the fiddler for all the music Obama has us all dancing to. Who do you think might be paying for this mess? Can you see the difference?

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture566-allie-1.jpg

Have you heard the great news? The recession is over! It’s true; I saw it on TV.

Yes. I've heard the news... Hope you aren't buying into it. Sooner or later it's going to be time to pay the fiddler for all the music Obama has us all dancing to. Who do you think might be paying for this mess? Can you see the difference?

big-black-dog-albums-some-of-big-black-dog-s-favorite-photos-picture566-allie-1.jpg

You should read the rest of the article. ;)

The stimulus program is just starting to work. Soon we will have the creation of millions of make believe job so the new workers can work in the make believe new energy systems and programs!!!! And if the new health care system is passed we will need millions of new usless government worker to be employed to staff and not work this new clusterfuck. Obama was right we do need change and it is HIM!!!!

New Topics

Forum List

Back