Happy Constitution Day!!!!!

Which statements re the U.S. Constitution more closely reflect your opinion?

• The Constitution is a living document that should adjust to a changing society.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The Constitution only works as it was originally intended.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • The Constitution should always be interpreted as the Founders intended.

Votes: 7 50.0%
  • The Constitution should always be understood as the Supreme Court interprets it.

Votes: 1 7.1%
  • The Constitution is necessary to insure the people's freedom to govern themselves.

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • The Constitution is a guideline for how the people should be governed.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other and I'll explain in my post.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters
So, in lieu of formal amendment, I am absolutely a Constitutional originalist. Some amendments I think have been necessary such as the abolition of slavery.

I'm going to stop the quoting of this post here because I am honestly wondering how these two statements can co-exist.

The Thirteenth Amendment, Fifteenth Amendment (prohibits states from using race, color, or previous status as a slave as a qualification for voting), Nineteenth Amendment (giving all women the right to vote), and Twenty-Six Amendments are all things I'm sure most if not all people can agree were more than necessary.

If one is a Constitutional originalist, the only people who have any real rights in this country are white land-owning males.

You must not have full reading comprehension because I don't think even you would be so dishonest to intentionally misinterpret what I said as you did here.

"In matters of Power, let no more be heard of confidence in men, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution."
-- Thomas Jefferson

You must not have full reading comprehension because I don't think even you would be so dishonest to intentionally misinterpret what I said as you did here.

Perhaps I was mistaken in what you said, and I welcome you to correct me if I am wrong. However, I was honestly curious.

What amendments that have been created throughout the years has been for the better, tell me moonbat How many changes to the Constitution took away anyones right?

This sentence makes absolutely no sense on either a grammar level or a meaning level.

As for changes to the Constitution that have taken away anyone's rights, I point you to a little thing called Prohibition. Though I'm sure you all know about other Constitutional Amendments up for debate which include banning everything from Abortion to Gay Marriage to Homosexuality.

Perhaps I was mistaken in what you said, and I welcome you to correct me if I am wrong. However, I was honestly curious.

Did you miss my reply

What amendments that have been created throughout the years has been for the better, tell me moonbat How many changes to the Constitution took away anyones right?

Other: The Constitution codifies a system of government based upon a philosophical system in which Individual Liberty is the prime value. The Constitution should be interpreted and laws designed based upon this philosophy.

Don't you think that was the Founders basic and original intent undergirding the whole of the document?

Reagan was absolutely right despite our young friend Modbert's contempt. Every other nation's constitution advises the people of what rights the government will allow them to have. The U.S. Constitution stands alone in affirming unalienable rights of the people who assign the responsibilities the government will be allowed to have.

The Founders intended that Americans, unique among all peoples on Earth, would not be governed by any monarchy or dictator or authoritarian entity, but would secure their rights and govern themselves.

I think that principle is not being taught to many of our youngest citizens these days.

"If in the opinion of the people the distribution or modification of the constitutional powers be in any particular wrong, let it be corrected by an amendment in the way which the Constitution designates, but let there be no change by usurpation; for though this in one instance may be the instrument of good, it is the customary weapon by which free governments are destroyed."
-- George Washington

This sentence makes absolutely no sense on either a grammar level or a meaning level.

As for changes to the Constitution that have taken away anyone's rights, I point you to a little thing called Prohibition. Though I'm sure you all know about other Constitutional Amendments up for debate which include banning everything from Abortion to Gay Marriage to Homosexuality.

Are you stupid?

Any changes to the Constitution were for the better, it never took any ones rights away from them. If you can produces one shread of evidence showing people that lost any rights, when an amednment to the Constitution was approved I will be glad to except that.

Get a grip what I posted is noit that hard to understand.

OH yell and Prohibition was repealed.

Are you stupid?

Any changes to the Constitution were for the better, it never took any ones rights away from them. If you can produces one shread of evidence showing people that lost any rights, when an amednment to the Constitution was approved I will be glad to except that.

Wat. Before Prohibition was repealed by FDR, it was a Constitutional Amendment. Pretty sure that counts. What part of that are you confused about?

Other: The Constitution codifies a system of government based upon a philosophical system in which Individual Liberty is the prime value. The Constitution should be interpreted and laws designed based upon this philosophy.

Don't you think that was the Founders basic and original intent undergirding the whole of the document?

Reagan was absolutely right despite our young friend Modbert's contempt. Every other nation's constitution advises the people of what rights the government will allow them to have. The U.S. Constitution stands alone in affirming unalienable rights of the people who assign the responsibilities the government will be allowed to have.

The Founders intended that Americans, unique among all peoples on Earth, would not be governed by any monarchy or dictator or authoritarian entity, but would secure their rights and govern themselves.

I think that principle is not being taught to many of our youngest citizens these days.

By thier actions [writings] around here? It's evident that they were told that only Government can confer rights. Why else would they cheer lead for Government control over their own lives...and stanchly defend the practice...while calling Conservatives nuts?

The question deserves asking.

I wonder what our founders would have said about Bush calling those bonds, held by our Social Security Trust, pieces of worthless paper.

The Founders would not have accepted the Social Security Administration, dickless.

To everyone else:

Happy Constitution Day.

What an ignorant asshat you are. Of course they would have, had they lived in the industrial and post industrial age. Was not a freebie hospital law, signed by George Washington, and authorized by congress passed? Was not the basis of our fifth Uniform Service, the PHS? Man, you are one ignorant pissant.

No, dickless. You are wrong. The Founders and the Framers would most certainly not have accepted the Social Security Administration. The notion itself is so totally absurd that only a brainless moron of your abysmal depths could even contemplate anything that ridiculous, dickless.

The purpose of the Constitution was to limit government to certain enumerated powers and there's not one bit of the Social Security "Administration" that complies with those limitations, you blithering cretin.

As to your "questions," there dickless, you are quite unclear. Try to be specific and precise.

You "ask" the quesstion, "Was not a freebie hospital law, signed by George Washington, and authorized by congress passed?" Are you talking about an Act to create a "free" as in a public hospital? Have you confused Adams with Washington?

The Public Health Service exists for a reason, asshat, but that doesn't mean that the Federal Government has a right under the Constitution to create a Social Security program. You may not realize it, schmuck, but the two concepts are NOT related.

It is tragic to see how severely retarded you are. Just tragic.

Are you stupid?

Wat. Before Prohibition was repealed by FDR, it was a Constitutional Amendment. Pretty sure that counts. What part of that are you confused about?

Prohibition was a terrible and ill advised amendment because it violated every intent the Founder's wrote into the document. It took away the right of the people to govern themselves on that issue. And it turned out badly with far more unintended consequences than anything it might have accomplished. And the people repealed it.

Unfortunately everybody doesn't learn from history and there are many who want the federal government to dictate every manner of social issue and do not want the people to have the ability to say what will and will not be legal. Slowly but surely some want a version of a king to dictate how it will be and to have the government take care of their basic needs. They think that will be more acceptable than the people deciding for themselves what sort of society they wish to live in or the people being responsible for their own personal welfare.

Last edited:
Happy Constitution Day!!! I'm a strict interpreter of things, I'm far from being a rocket scientist but if a sign says "stop", I don't need someone telling me what "stop" means, if the Constitution lists the explicit powers of Congress, I don't need someone telling me differently.
Not only Congress but all three branches...But you knew that. ;)

Are you stupid?

What part of repealed did you miss?

New Topics

Forum List

Back