Happy Canada Day

Said1

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2004
Somewhere in Ontario
To me! :banana:

Sadly, my head hurts waaaaaay to much from last night, so I'll be abstaining from any and all activities and celebrating at the local outdoor pool, that's FINALY OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!

Said1 said:
To me! :banana:

Sadly, my head hurts waaaaaay to much from last night, so I'll be abstaining from any and all activities and celebrating at the local outdoor pool, that's FINALY OPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!
How do you swim in snow?

Diuretic said:
Missed it. I hope it was a lovely Canada Day for you.
Oh my Said1! Here I am seconding Diuretic! :shocked: Hope you all had a great time!

It's been over 30 years, but for 3 summers when I was 17,18 and 19 years old I would go to Toronto when they closed off Younge St. for an outdoor mall. We started by singing with our guitars in the street mall and quickly moved into the afternoon slots at Circus Circus, Pickadilly and The Colonial bars.
Then near the end of the summer a guy I knew got me a job at the Canadian National Exibition driving a peda cab, we were making like $300.00 a day, long damn day, but we were young and tough and partied our butts off, looked ridiculous and broke a hell of a lot of hearts.
Best 3 summers of my life ... what I can remember of it.
Just pulled up a TTC Map and got a big lump in my throat.:blues:

Otter_Creek said:
I only fit in Toronto during my childhood.
Sorry, I was just sharing some fond memorys from then.

I know, it's a'ight. :)

Like I said, Toronto not being the center of the universe is a bit of Canadian humour.....at their expense. :laugh:

Forum List

Back