Happy Black Friday!

boedicca

Uppity Water Nymph from the Land of Funk
Gold Supporting Member
Feb 12, 2007
Happy Black Friday Denizens of USMB.

I vow to avoid malls and stores like the plague. As I have done for the past few years, Christmas shopping will be done in the comfort of my home via the internets.

(The local news had a story about some poor moron who has been camping out at a Best Buy for the past 10 DAYS because this year he wants to be The First In Line. Ughhhh.)

So, today is devoted to making a big pot of turkey soup with the leftover carcass from yesterday.

The stock is simmering away....

I'm not into Black Friday or any other time of the year that makes it a 12:00-6:00am sale day. So, I have eaten, slept, watched tv ... any sort of "sit on my arse and do nothing" situation is fine with me for the next few days!!

After the crowd we had yesterday, I don't want to see anybody except for Mr. Boe today.

My wife and her friend are off doing the Black Friday dance. Me? I'm hanging out here at the house with the 3 hound doggies and hitting the fridge now and then for leftovers. I'm happy as a clam cause it's nice and quiet here! No crowds.

I wish we had some doggies. :(

Two of my sisters brought their dogs yesterday. And another one just got two puppies.

But we have to wait until our remodeling project is done...

Two of my sisters brought their dogs yesterday. And another one just got two puppies.

I can't imagine living life without doggies... Cats, now that's a different story.:lol:

Happy Black Friday Denizens of USMB.

I vow to avoid malls and stores like the plague. As I have done for the past few years, Christmas shopping will be done in the comfort of my home via the internets.

(The local news had a story about some poor moron who has been camping out at a Best Buy for the past 10 DAYS because this year he wants to be The First In Line. Ughhhh.)

So, today is devoted to making a big pot of turkey soup with the leftover carcass from yesterday.

The stock is simmering away....

I couldn't agree more. The Internet has my business yearly..:lol: Today I wll be making turkey sandwiches with fried bacon slices, lettuce, and mayonaise. ( Best Foods/Hellmans)

That sounds delish! I'm going to have to get Mr. Boe to pick up some lettuce.

To me the term 'Black Friday' connotes the evils of rampant consumerism. It exemplifies the depravity of our materialistic society, and the distortion of a holiday celebrating the birth of Jesus Christ, into a crazed spending spree funded by credit and debt.

I can't imagine living life without doggies... Cats, now that's a different story.:lol:

I'm allergic to cats. My pets for quite a few years were house bunnies. I lost four of them in a six year period - my heart is still broken. Putting my last little guy to sleep was one of the saddest things I've ever experienced - that was almost three years ago.

I'm ready for a new pet, but the next one (or two) will be doggies.

Forum List

Back