Happy Birthday Yogi

rightwinger

Award Winning USMB Paid Messageboard Poster
Aug 4, 2009
Yogi turned 90 today

Yogi Berra at 90 The life and times of a Yankees icon

Yogi Berra turns 90 on Tuesday, and for readers there is a gift: rarely heard "Yogi-isms," the inimitable quotations that turned Berra, a Hall of Fame catcher for the New York Yankees, into an American icon.
Millions of people know the most famous ones: "It ain't over 'til it's over." "It's déjà vu all over again." And, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

While Yogi has been mocked as a buffoon for most of his life, he is actually a very bright baseball man who understood the finer elements of the game. Great catcher and a much better athlete than he is generally given credit for

Casey Stengel pointed to Yogi, not Mantle as the key to their many championships

Many happy returns Yogi. A fine human being.

Yogi's the only guy I can think of who could put on a New York Wankees uniform and still have class.

Many happy returns Yogi. A fine human being.

Yogi's the only guy I can think of who could put on a New York Wankees uniform and still have class.

Jeter had class

6397a_lg.jpeg

He is the same age as my father, Yogi has always had class and is one of the most likable personalities in all of sports and the entertainment field for that matter.

Last edited:
pg2_ap_jrobinson1_600.jpg

Jackie looks out

Yogi still disputes the call to this day

Last edited:
Yogi turned 90 today

Yogi Berra at 90 The life and times of a Yankees icon

Yogi Berra turns 90 on Tuesday, and for readers there is a gift: rarely heard "Yogi-isms," the inimitable quotations that turned Berra, a Hall of Fame catcher for the New York Yankees, into an American icon.
Millions of people know the most famous ones: "It ain't over 'til it's over." "It's déjà vu all over again." And, "When you come to a fork in the road, take it."

Wow the years flew by, I remember seeing Yogi play at Yankee stadium in 61' along with Ford, Maris and Mantel , Yogi was all class

Forum List

Back